New Offers, New Crystal Balls (February 2021)
Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:50 pm
I'm a little surprised there hasn't been a post about all these offers going out, so I'll try to offer a little summary.
The Ducks coaching staff has been extremely active making offers in the 2022 and 2023 classes this last week or so. It seems as though the focus has been on OL and DL, and compared to the Ducks roster (largely California kids), these offers have been from mostly the midwest and south, which I surmise may be do to the availability of film from those kids who have already had 2020-1 football seasons.
Most of these offers are not surprising. Lots of 4* and some 5* kids. I have only watched film on a handful, and most make sense, while one or two has me scratching my head (I'll note below). One that Ducks fans will find particularly interesting -- Ryan Pellum, WR. That's the nephew of longtime Ducks player and coach, Don Pellum.
Crystal Balls- The folks over at 247Sports have logged crystal balls predicting the following players will commit to the Ducks.
Travious Lathan, LB - Miami, FL - .9008 (4-star). Ducks trail the Gators in crystal balls, but did get a vote in their favor this week. https://247sports.com/Player/Travious-Lathan-46085491/
Tyler Woodard, CB/ATH - Memphis, TN - no rating. Has a who's-who of offers. https://247sports.com/Player/Tyler-Woodard-46100102/
Andrew Savaiinaea, DE - The Dalles, OR - .8477 (3-star). No film from this year, but he passes the eye test and then some. Dude (kid) is a freaking boulder at 6'3, 270. https://247sports.com/player/andrew-sav ... -46057697/
Tobias Merriweather, WR - Camas, WA - .9587 (4-star). 6'4 wide receivers who is one of the best in the country. https://247sports.com/player/tobias-mer ... -46059232/
Zach Rowell, DE - Encinitas, CA - .8527 (3-star). I watched Zach's tape and I'm a little befuddled as to why the Ducks felt the need to offer, especially this early. I like Big Joe's ability to identify DL over my own, but I wasn't terribly impressed by his athleticism on film. https://247sports.com/Player/Zach-Rowell-46113145/
The Ducks coaching staff has been extremely active making offers in the 2022 and 2023 classes this last week or so. It seems as though the focus has been on OL and DL, and compared to the Ducks roster (largely California kids), these offers have been from mostly the midwest and south, which I surmise may be do to the availability of film from those kids who have already had 2020-1 football seasons.
Most of these offers are not surprising. Lots of 4* and some 5* kids. I have only watched film on a handful, and most make sense, while one or two has me scratching my head (I'll note below). One that Ducks fans will find particularly interesting -- Ryan Pellum, WR. That's the nephew of longtime Ducks player and coach, Don Pellum.
Crystal Balls- The folks over at 247Sports have logged crystal balls predicting the following players will commit to the Ducks.
Travious Lathan, LB - Miami, FL - .9008 (4-star). Ducks trail the Gators in crystal balls, but did get a vote in their favor this week. https://247sports.com/Player/Travious-Lathan-46085491/
Tyler Woodard, CB/ATH - Memphis, TN - no rating. Has a who's-who of offers. https://247sports.com/Player/Tyler-Woodard-46100102/
Andrew Savaiinaea, DE - The Dalles, OR - .8477 (3-star). No film from this year, but he passes the eye test and then some. Dude (kid) is a freaking boulder at 6'3, 270. https://247sports.com/player/andrew-sav ... -46057697/
Tobias Merriweather, WR - Camas, WA - .9587 (4-star). 6'4 wide receivers who is one of the best in the country. https://247sports.com/player/tobias-mer ... -46059232/
Zach Rowell, DE - Encinitas, CA - .8527 (3-star). I watched Zach's tape and I'm a little befuddled as to why the Ducks felt the need to offer, especially this early. I like Big Joe's ability to identify DL over my own, but I wasn't terribly impressed by his athleticism on film. https://247sports.com/Player/Zach-Rowell-46113145/