Milwaukee Bucks Historical Performance

Moderators: UOducksTK1, Zyme, lukeyrid13, Oregon Ownage

jibbajabba614
Senior
GM: Milwaukee Bucks GM

Post by jibbajabba614 »

Over the past six seasons, the Milwaukee Bucks have been one of the lower tier franchises in DASL. Despite one good year run, the Bucks made a trip to the Eastern Conference finals in 1982. First playoff in appearance after two years in the league restart, Bucks owner thought he had the making of a playoff contender for years to come. Traded two firsts for Bratz and thought the future was solidified. 1983 season, Nater declined and the team started to unravel early in the season. Bratz never made the push to become a focal point on a roster full of bigs. Mirza declined after a stellar rookie season. Even Bill Cartwright never became the franchise player, he was brought in to be in the expansion draft. Although the team made a run towards the end of the year

Bucks Hall of Fame List:
Swen Nater
Season Team Games MPG FG FGA FG % FT FTA FT % 3P 3PA 3P % RPG APG SPG BPG TOPG DQ PPG
1980 Bucks 78 33.9 670 1504 .445 475 615 .772 0 0 .000 11.0 4.1 1.1 0.2 2.9 4 23.3
1981 Bucks 21 29.3 91 256 .355 68 92 .739 0 0 .000 8.9 2.1 0.9 0.0 1.4 1 11.9
1982 Bucks 62 32.3 413 881 .469 304 398 .764 0 0 .000 11.3 2.5 0.9 0.1 2.3 8 18.2
1983 Bucks 82 32.4 453 970 .467 328 439 .747 0 0 .000 10.5 1.7 0.9 0.3 2.0 7 15.0

Nater worst season came in the 1981 season when he got a season injury playing backup to Cartwright and Mahorn. Nater’s last season in 1984 was more of a lost season due to unable to make a big move due to cap restrictions and Bratz contract. Thus far, Nater has been Milwaukee Bucks greatest player. Cartwright is an honorable mention though he is now competing for a ring with the Trail Blazers.

Bucks expansion draft:

Going over the 1st round, I wished I would of taken Robert Parish. Cartwright’s A potential and age sold me. 2nd round pick, I would take Nater over and over again. 3rd round, I didn’t know I couldn’t start all three centers until after drafting them. I would of definitely taken Bridgeman or Grevey otherwise. 4th round was definitely the worst pick I made. Dudley Bradley is a stud and better defender than Henderson was. Kupchak in the 5th round was a solid pickup. In the 6th-8th rounds, I should of went for more well rounded players than trying to get a high potential player. Again my first expansion draft, I think I did a solid job building a young talented team. Training camps never agree with me.

Bucks Trade history:

Bucks trade:
1983 Bucks 1st - unprotected
1984 Bucks 1st - lottery protected (rolls into 1985 lotto protected, rolls into 1986 unprotected)
Foots Walkers
Gerald Henderson

Lakers trade:
Mike Bratz

Looking back, this is a deal I would not of made. But because of teams getting better and having drafted Gerald Henderson over Bratz in the fourth round of the expansion draft to run the point guard position and turned into an absolute bust.

Pacers get Ricky Pierce

Bucks get #22 and #29

Again another trade I would probably not of done. But was the start of a rebuild era and decided Pierce wasn’t worth a big contract.

Bucks Trade

Bill Cartwright

Blazers Trade

Brennan Nielsen
Tony Brown
Sam Vincent
86 1st

Vincent turned into a bust, the 86 1st became Dell Curry. So basically Curry for Cartwright, Blazers won the deal but Curry is still far from a polished prospect.

Jazz trade Blair Rasmussen and 85 2nd

Bucks trade Michael Cage

Terrible move on my part. I was just ready to unload the entire roster I didn’t think about the future. Having Cage and Rodman would of given me a strong frontline. Took a gamble on the bigs I drafted and hoped one of them would be an equal player to Cage. Clearly I was wrong.

Suns send:
Chuck Nevitt
Harvey Catchings
Michael Cooper
PHX '86 1st (lottery protected until '88, becomes unprotected in '89 if not conveyed)

Bucks send:
Mitch Kupchak

Honestly I would do this move over. The pick became Washburn. And I still have hopes for him in my front court. My new Rick Mahorn.

Other trades involved players for 2nds and weren’t much of a game changer for me. All in all, without trading for Bratz, we would of never made it to the eastern conference finals. And if I never dealt the team to rebuild, I would still be a .500 team. So I am satisfied with all my dealings.

Bucks rebuild era

Jose O’Neal was the first player I though could potentially have a long effect on the team. In his second year with us, he is looking more like the second coming of Mirza.

Lemone Lampley is another second round pick who could potentially be a long lasting Buck depending on how free agencies and future drafts go. Currently Lampley is averaging two steals a game and 1 block. Can’t complain about that.

Dennis Rodman, the cornerstone of my roster right now. Even though he isn’t producing much yet, I feel confident he can really help my team out when we have a winning roster. If he can keep increasing his ratings over the next two season, he will have a chance to be a top defender in the league.
the goat
Freshman
GM: Los Angeles Lakers

Re: Milwaukee Bucks Historical Performance

Post by the goat »

What is this, the ballad of the Bucks?
Lakers GM
jibbajabba614
Senior

Post by jibbajabba614 »

the goat wrote:What is this, the ballad of the Bucks?
I’m trying to up Rodman’s ratings. Ballad of the Bucks is Dana Barros
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Just added poll, please vote
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

I had drafted something similar to this in 1.0 and was about 6 pages deep on Microsoft word and abandoned the project :lol: :lol:
jibbajabba614
Senior

Post by jibbajabba614 »

Rodman
Offensive rebounds
Inside scoring
Strength
Jumping
Mid range
Oregon Ownage