Page 1 of 2

Dave Iuli 4* OL/DL QUACKS

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:17 pm
by chapelhillduck
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave Iuli 4* DT QUACKS

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:18 pm
by chapelhillduck
He’s two way, guessing DT for us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Dave Iuli 4* DT QUACKS

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:21 pm
by UOducksTK1
Nice! Oregon getting some bodies in the interior, much needed!

Re: Dave Iuli 4* DT QUACKS

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:31 pm
by GrantDuck
Nice get in Brock Huard's back yard.

Looks like he can play interior OL or DT.

Go Ducks!

Re: Dave Iuli 4* DT QUACKS

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:34 pm
by GoDucksTroll
I thought he was an offensive lineman, two way potential but guard is what he’s meant to be. Alex Mirabal is his recruiter, and so were OL coaches for other schools.

In any case, great grab. Right under Jimmy Lake’s nose in Puyallup, a kid USC and Oklahoma were trying hard for.

Re: Dave Iuli 4* DT QUACKS

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:07 pm
by jimmy12
He is currently being recruited as a G.

Depending on how his body takes shape, he could slide over to DL. I believe he will be a G.

Conerly is next, also could slide in and be a G.

Re: Dave Iuli 4* DT QUACKS

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:37 pm
by DuckzRule
Let's hope we can actually go toe to toe against Georgia next year.

Re: Dave Iuli 4* DT QUACKS

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:50 pm
by greenyellow
GoDucksTroll wrote:I thought he was an offensive lineman, two way potential but guard is what he’s meant to be. Alex Mirabal is his recruiter, and so were OL coaches for other schools.

In any case, great grab. Right under Jimmy Lake’s nose in Puyallup, a kid USC and Oklahoma were trying hard for.
Joe Salave'a was also a major factor in his recruitment.

Re: Dave Iuli 4* DT QUACKS

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:57 pm
by woundedknees

Re: Dave Iuli 4* DT QUACKS

Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:53 am
by buckmarkduck
DuckzRule wrote:Let's hope we can actually go toe to toe against Georgia next year.

Anything is possible, but I don’t think he will contribute for a couple years. Which is fine. We are starting to stack the OL recruits. And after two years with Feld, and also with MC and Mirabal, he should be a beast.

Re: Dave Iuli 4* DT QUACKS

Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:50 am
by jimmy12
buckmarkduck wrote:
DuckzRule wrote:Let's hope we can actually go toe to toe against Georgia next year.

Anything is possible, but I don’t think he will contribute for a couple years. Which is fine. We are starting to stack the OL recruits. And after two years with Feld, and also with MC and Mirabal, he should be a beast.
I think people are missing the importance of this recruit. 1) we took him from Washington. 2) He is a true G.

There are only few true Guards on the team. TJ Bass is another one. Iuli is a monster and likely underrated. He missed his sophomore year with a torn MCL and last year was Covid. This guy is a DUDE. He is made for the interior line and he will go to the NFL as a G. This recruit is a massive get for an already stacked OL group. We have a lot of Tackles. Some will move insids, but none, like Iuli are true Gs.

(On top of this, I believe the Ducks have momentum with Conerly. And if you read his evaluation, they think he could also move inside to G. Can you imagine?)

Re: Dave Iuli 4* DT QUACKS

Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:33 am
by StevensTechU
As much as I want to talk down about Conerly in the event that he ends up with the fuskies as expected, he has the athleticism to play tight end. He's definitely a tackle.

I just watched Iuli's junior tape all the way through for the first time and I think I might actually like him better on the DL than the OL. To explain what I'm seeing, I don't see a tactician and I see 'happy feet' where he jumps around a lot as a blocker, getting off balance and running passed defenders. On DL, he's surprisingly explosive. He's got a really solid first step and he's relentless. His punch to get off of blockers is fantastic. On the offensive side of the ball, Mirabal definitely is getting a powerhouse but a project.


Re: Dave Iuli 4* DT QUACKS

Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:09 am
by buckmarkduck
StevensTechU wrote:As much as I want to talk down about Conerly in the event that he ends up with the fuskies as expected, he has the athleticism to play tight end. He's definitely a tackle.

I just watched Iuli's junior tape all the way through for the first time and I think I might actually like him better on the DL than the OL. To explain what I'm seeing, I don't see a tactician and I see 'happy feet' where he jumps around a lot as a blocker, getting off balance and running passed defenders. On DL, he's surprisingly explosive. He's got a really solid first step and he's relentless. His punch to get off of blockers is fantastic. On the offensive side of the ball, Mirabal definitely is getting a powerhouse but a project.


Exactly what I’ve noticed as well. He’s the classic case of always blueing the biggest barest kid, who never bothered to learn, or never had the coaching to learn good technique. This isn’t very unique, lots of big HS OL are just like this. You have a kid who is 6’5 320, vs kids who are 5’10-6’3 and 200-250, he doesn’t have to have good technique to win vs those kids. Mario will get him built up right. But anyone expecting him to start vs UGA, I just don’t see it right now. But he does have a lot of the same traits Lemuix had. At some point he will be very good for us, if he works hard.

Re: Dave Iuli 4* DT QUACKS

Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:09 am
by Phalanx
buckmarkduck wrote:

Exactly what I’ve noticed as well. He’s the classic case of always blueing the biggest barest kid, who never bothered to learn, or never had the coaching to learn good technique. This isn’t very unique, lots of big HS OL are just like this. You have a kid who is 6’5 320, vs kids who are 5’10-6’3 and 200-250, he doesn’t have to have good technique to win vs those kids. Mario will get him built up right. But anyone expecting him to start vs UGA, I just don’t see it right now. But he does have a lot of the same traits Lemuix had. At some point he will be very good for us, if he works hard.
Great post; I love the realistic perspective. I had actually read months ago that UW backed off on his recruitment because he was too much of a project compared to Conerly and others. Don't know if that's true or if it was just seeing the writing on the wall that Iuli was going elsewhere, but it does seem like if Mario collects enough of these giant project guys, some are bound to put enough work in to live up to their NFL projections. Meanwhile, the ducks are also getting commitments from guys who are more ready to hit the ground running like Banks and Suamataia. Just building the pipeline like they do at some of the more prominent schools.

And I agree with others that if he pans out, it's a great inroad into recruiting in Washington, which has become more talent-laden in recent years.

Re: Dave Iuli 4* DT QUACKS

Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:51 pm
by nogerO
6' 4" 320 lbs. BEAST!