Jamal Hill and DJ James cited*

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GrandpaDuck
Senior

Re: Jamal Hill and DJ James cited*

Post by GrandpaDuck »

ducks5ever wrote:
GoDucksTroll wrote:Since this is a football forum and there are football issues as well: Jamal Hill has great potential but I agree with Stu that his highlights are severely limited. Hill has a major flaw in his game; he over pursues worse than anyone I can recall in an Oregon uniform. He did it on his high school tape, and it’s the same spots on the same leopard. I mentioned it on my game reviews last year, he looks like he’s wearing roller skates at times and hasn’t learned to brake. Hill does have all conference potential, he needs a lot of coaching to get there but he’s improved.

DJ James is obviously one of two proven CBs and he’s tough. Reminds me of Terrence Mitchell.

Back on the legal aspect, to whoever said we’d spend a night in jail if we did the same: It’s pretty rare to spend a night in jail now on charges like this. It mostly depends on what time you’re booked, and if you have priors, warrants, or FTAs. They were cited and not booked, so after their court appearance they will be booked, get mugshots and prints, and will have to cool their heels in holding for a bit until the county has enough people ready for release to make it worth their time to open the doors and give them their shoes or laces back. Same as if it was any of us, I doubt they got any preferential treatment.
Yeah that was me. Even though it's not a real gun, I still think shooting people with projectiles randomly can get you in serious trouble. I'm no legal expert but >>> if <<< the person on the scooter crashed or lost control and was seriously injured, wouldn't these guys be facing some pretty serious charges? If someone really wanted to, wouldn't this go under involuntary or attempted manslaughter?
The If is the key here. The scooter didn't crash, thus Reckless Endangerment. Scooter crashes and driver is hurt = assualt and battery. Scooter crashes person dies, involuntary man slaughter. Attempted murder would be a stretch with an airsoft.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

Again very important to remember, they were CITED. Not arrested. Big difference. I am in no way condoning this behavior because it was dumb all the way around.

Have a friend in PDX who is an attorney. He has handled stuff like this before. His conclusion based on WHAT HE KNOWS NOW AND HAS READ about this: they go to court, get a firm lecture from the judge and end up with community service. My friends comment, 'if they were suspended for the year or removed from the program, that would be overreaching'.

My add- of course they deserve some punishement and I trust that Mario will handle it. Another thing to consider, there is a players council made up of senior/team leader players (not necessariy seniors academically) who give Mario input on these types of situations. I am sure there will be repurcussions. The other thing is that those repurcussions might not be made public till we hear something like "Hill and James are not available for this game'.
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

Got it, thanks for the color guys. I only mention this because people injure themselves all the time on these things even without any external disturbances.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

lmduck wrote:Again very important to remember, they were CITED. Not arrested. Big difference. I am in no way condoning this behavior because it was dumb all the way around.

Have a friend in PDX who is an attorney. He has handled stuff like this before. His conclusion based on WHAT HE KNOWS NOW AND HAS READ about this: they go to court, get a firm lecture from the judge and end up with community service. My friends comment, 'if they were suspended for the year or removed from the program, that would be overreaching'.

My add- of course they deserve some punishement and I trust that Mario will handle it. Another thing to consider, there is a players council made up of senior/team leader players (not necessariy seniors academically) who give Mario input on these types of situations. I am sure there will be repurcussions. The other thing is that those repurcussions might not be made public till we hear something like "Hill and James are not available for this game'.
Update- neither were seen at practice today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Suspended indefinitely, effective immediately. Apparently will miss all or good chunk of Fall Camp. Manning and Williams starting in their spots.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Just get them back by Ohio State. Don't be a hardass to the point it hurts the team.
UofO8
Senior

Post by UofO8 »

GrantDuck wrote:Just get them back by Ohio State. Don't be a hardass to the point it hurts the team.
lmao, maybe they should have thought about that before being f'ing idiots.
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

UofO8 wrote:
GrantDuck wrote:Just get them back by Ohio State. Don't be a hardass to the point it hurts the team.
lmao, maybe they should have thought about that before being f'ing idiots.
Agreed. It's important Mario sets a harsh, but fair example.
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

These guys decided to annoy other people for their own personal enjoyment. The fact that there is literally 0 justification for doing what they did will not make their cases any easier. You can at least come up with half plausible excuses for a DWI (no money for uber, emergency at home) or holding drugs (medical purposes).

I of course want to see these guys play against OSU because secondary depth isn't great even with those 2 guys playing. However, the longer CMC holds them out, the more clear the lesson. They're going to lose PT and don't forget about NIL money too. I'm guessing they could make up to a few grand if they were starters in the secondary this year.
HomeSickDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by HomeSickDuck »

ducks5ever wrote:These guys decided to annoy other people for their own personal enjoyment. The fact that there is literally 0 justification for doing what they did will not make their cases any easier. You can at least come up with half plausible excuses for a DWI (no money for uber, emergency at home) or holding drugs (medical purposes).

I of course want to see these guys play against OSU because secondary depth isn't great even with those 2 guys playing. However, the longer CMC holds them out, the more clear the lesson. They're going to lose PT and don't forget about NIL money too. I'm guessing they could make up to a few grand if they were starters in the secondary this year.
There is never an excuse for driving under the influence. That’s a horrible statement.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

DUI should lose their license for 5 years. I remember Lenard Little killed a lady, and the rams/nfl only suspended him for half a season.
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

HomeSickDuck wrote: There is never an excuse for driving under the influence. That’s a horrible statement.
DUI is very bad I dont want to take this too off topic. The things I listed are actually excuses... they're just not good excuses. Besides when you judgement is impaired, you're not going to make the best decisions (hence DUI).

What I'm really getting at is that even in these bad situations, there are bad excuses. There are literally no excuses of any kind to rationalize what these guys did.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

ducks5ever wrote:
HomeSickDuck wrote: There is never an excuse for driving under the influence. That’s a horrible statement.
DUI is very bad I dont want to take this too off topic. The things I listed are actually excuses... they're just not good excuses. Besides when you judgement is impaired, you're not going to make the best decisions (hence DUI).

What I'm really getting at is that even in these bad situations, there are bad excuses. There are literally no excuses of any kind to rationalize what these guys did.
You act like these two are the only guys in the world who would dream up such a dumb scheme. No excuses? Shooting people with AirSoft guns as a roundly prank happens way more often than you’d think. The excuse is, doing stupid stuff can be fun when you are young and dumb. Just watch the show JackAss as proof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

No one has asked yet, who was driving and who was shooting. I assume it was both their ideas, but one guy did the shooting.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

buckmarkduck wrote:No one has asked yet, who was driving and who was shooting. I assume it was both their ideas, but one guy did the shooting.
I assume the prank was equally their ideas. This definitely has 'Pharaoh Brown snowball fight" vibes. He got a one game ban.