Jamal Hill and DJ James cited*

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Re: Jamal Hill and DJ James cited*

Post by Tray Dub »

StevensTechU wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:No one has asked yet, who was driving and who was shooting. I assume it was both their ideas, but one guy did the shooting.
I assume the prank was equally their ideas. This definitely has 'Pharaoh Brown snowball fight" vibes. He got a one game ban.
Smashing snow into someone's face feels a lot different to me than shooting at randos with an airsoft gun. The first is fun that got out of hand, the second is just weird, mean-spirited behavior that probably scared the s*** out of people.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Not really. Throwing snowballs at people who didn't want snowballs thrown at them, and dumping snow on someone's windshield, potentially causing them to wreck, is pretty damn near what happened here.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

StevensTechU wrote:Not really. Throwing snowballs at people who didn't want snowballs thrown at them, and dumping snow on someone's windshield, potentially causing them to wreck, is pretty damn near what happened here.
No, not really. I was at the snowball thing. The vibe was very different than if some rando had started shooting passers-by with a BB gun.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I think you misremember what happened. Here's a link with the video: https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2013/1 ... ces_b.html

Students were dumb then as they are dumb now. "Snowball" just doesn't sound as bad as "airsoft gun" but it's the exact same jackassery.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Kind of funny how condescending you get when challenged. Whatever, if you think throwing a snowball and shooting an airsoft gun are equivalent, I can't help you.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Let’s not forget we live in weird time that people want dodge ball kicked out of schools. So something resembling a gun, they will get extra outraged over. If they had been throwing eggs at people, there would be less outrage, although that does far more damage than an airsoft gun
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

buckmarkduck wrote:Let’s not forget we live in weird time that people want dodge ball kicked out of schools. So something resembling a gun, they will get extra outraged over. If they had been throwing eggs at people, there would be less outrage, although that does far more damage than an airsoft gun
Is Randy Johnson throwing the egg?
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

brich75 wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:Let’s not forget we live in weird time that people want dodge ball kicked out of schools. So something resembling a gun, they will get extra outraged over. If they had been throwing eggs at people, there would be less outrage, although that does far more damage than an airsoft gun

Have you ever thrown anything from a moving vehicle? You can throw an egg a long ways when you are driving.
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

Tray Dub wrote:Kind of funny how condescending you get when challenged. Whatever, if you think throwing a snowball and shooting an airsoft gun are equivalent, I can't help you.
Have to agree
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

buckmarkduck wrote:
brich75 wrote:

Have you ever thrown anything from a moving vehicle? You can throw an egg a long ways when you are driving.
Lol, no I have not..
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

I've been hit by an egg from a moving vehicle. I hurt worse than a hot shot off a bat at first base.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Tray Dub wrote:Kind of funny how condescending you get when challenged. Whatever, if you think throwing a snowball and shooting an airsoft gun are equivalent, I can't help you.
How would you have preferred I responded?
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

We can all be friends here ;) <3

Anyways, I'm hoping these guys can get out of CMC's doghouse sooner rather than later. Unfortunately, I'm not expecting anything anytime soon... 1 week suspension plus 1 game would be ideal but I'm not sure such a punishment really makes any sense.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Just something that has been bugging me a little. I think these two knuckleheads actions and the consequences of their action far outweigh the OSU game. I have no problem with them missing three games, including the OSU game.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I agree Tray, totally different situations.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13