Team/League COVID Safety Protocols For 2021

Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

Re: Team/League COVID Safety Protocols For 2021

Post by Duck07 »

pezsez1 wrote:Because they're being selfish assholes and dragging this out.

And why?
It's an endemic, it's never going away, just like the flu. There were already coronaviruses that people got sick from in the past which is why so many people are rightly upset with the PCR tests.

You haven't given a compelling reason for why the State is allowed to deprive someone of their rights and liberty and with no end in sight. Clearly the unvaccinated are also a threat to an individuals mental health, as evidenced by the inhumane responses people give in response to them not wanting the vaccine. Therefore we should inoculate everyone for the mental health benefits of the vaccinated.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

It's an endemic, it's never going away, just like the flu. There were already coronaviruses that people got sick from in the past which is why so many people are rightly upset with the PCR tests.

You haven't given a compelling reason for why the State is allowed to deprive someone of their rights and liberty and with no end in sight.
Agree it's endemic and never going away. I've said that many times. I've also given a compelling reason (several times now!) why vaccines should be mandated wherever possible.

Here's the reason: The "pandemic" portion of the COVID era will end when everyone has either been vaccinated or infected/recovered. We have a safe and highly effective vaccine. If everyone started their vaccination cycles right now, then this would be completely over within a month with minimal unnecessary deaths.

Instead, because of our new anti-vax population, we're going to limp along for several more months and deal with pandemic BS while thousands more die before their times.

That's why I don't care whether they choose to lose their jobs. At least they get to choose to hurt themselves.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

pezsez1 wrote:
Here's the reason: The "pandemic" portion of the COVID era will end when everyone has either been vaccinated or infected/recovered. We have a safe and highly effective vaccine. If everyone started their vaccination cycles right now, then this would be completely over with in a month with minimal unnecessary deaths.
Actually the best thing to do is be like Norway and remove all the restrictions. There is nothing to suggest that if everyone started a new round of vaccines that don't even protect against Delta would make it over in a month. That's a pretty outlandish thing to even suggest.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

You haven't given a compelling reason for why the State is allowed to deprive someone of their rights and liberty and with no end in sight.
Now, let's see your reason for choosing not to end this in a month when it's within our power to do so.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

There is nothing to suggest that if everyone started a new round of vaccines that don't even protect against Delta would make it over in a month.
Our vaccines DO protect against Delta. I've already provided links to several peer-reviewed studies that show this.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

This "conversation" is why so many members of our community are reluctant to join in.

I've done nothing here but provide links to studies and information-packed articles that clearly establish my points. I've not left any room for doubt -- the science is conclusive. This is all pretty easy stuff to grasp.

Our vaccines are safe, effective, they reduce spread, and they work against Delta. Period, full stop.

Meanwhile, the rest of you are "refuting" my facts with passive claims of government conspiracies, factoids removed from context, and claims of "authoritarianism" when vaccine mandates are, in fact, nothing new to this country (and upheld more than once by the Supreme Court).

You quote zero studies. You quote zero contextual facts. You just throw turds against the wall and then scream at me for cleaning it up.

The only really inflammatory thing I've said is that I don't care if unvaccinated people choose to lose their jobs -- and I definitely mean that. It even makes me a little giddy. They deserve to lose their jobs if they're going to be that dumb about vaccines. I hope they're denied unemployment, too.

But what matters here is that vaccines work. They're effective. They're safe. I'm astounded that so many people who are otherwise rational and intelligent have been completely taken by anti-vax propaganda. How did you people allow that to happen to yourselves? Seriously, it blows my mind. I'm glad I can't relate.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

pezsez1 wrote:
Now, let's see your reason for choosing not to end this in a month when it's within our power to do so.
This is a counter-factual that you cannot prove. It's not possible to end this in a month, that's absurd.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

pezsez1 wrote:This "conversation" is why so many members of our community are reluctant to join in.

I've done nothing here but provide links to studies and information-packed articles that clearly establish my points. I've not left any room for doubt -- the science is conclusive. This is all pretty easy stuff to grasp.

Our vaccines are safe, effective, they reduce spread, and they work against Delta. Period, full stop.

Meanwhile, the rest of you are "refuting" my facts with passive claims of government conspiracies, factoids removed from context, and claims of "authoritarianism" when vaccine mandates are, in fact, nothing new to this country (and upheld more than once by the Supreme Court).

You quote zero studies. You quote zero contextual facts. You just throw turds against the wall and then scream at me for cleaning it up.

The only really inflammatory thing I've said is that I don't care if unvaccinated people choose to lose their jobs -- and I definitely mean that. It even makes me a little giddy. They deserve to lose their jobs if they're going to be that dumb about vaccines. I hope they're denied unemployment, too.

But what matters here is that vaccines work. They're effective. They're safe. I'm astounded that so many people who are otherwise rational and intelligent have been completely taken by anti-vax propaganda. How did you people allow that to happen to yourselves? Seriously, it blows my mind. I'm glad I can't relate.
You've presented ZERO evidence that shows Covid is over in a month with 100% vaccination and you keep repeating this like its a possible outcome. Even if you jabbed everyone on the planet it wouldn't go away.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

You've presented ZERO evidence that shows Covid is over in a month with 100% vaccination and you keep repeating this like its a possible outcome. Even if you jabbed everyone on the planet it wouldn't go away.
Do you remember anything you read 2 minutes ago? I literally just agreed with you that COVID will be here forever.

This will be over once everyone has been either vaccinated or infected/recovered because then COVID will no longer be "new" to anyone's immune systems. The snake will be defanged. It really will be just like the cold or flu.

Look at the death rates of vaccinated people compared to unvaccinated people. It will be as if everyone's been vaccinated, and at that point it won't matter if it spreads.
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

pezsez1 wrote:
Pez: There's very little that unvaccinated people can't do.

Real life: People losing their jobs because they are unvaccinated.

I'm sick of this nonsense. I'm sorry. You are as about as shameful as the president in wanting to segregate a portion of human beings and count them as being "lesser" valued in this country. The vulgar part is that you think you have a moral high ground which is just beyond my comprehension. I'm sure there are those that remain in this country that have no seered their conscious to the point where they are repeating your vulgarity. One can only hope.

Have a gr8 week everyone.
I'm shameful because gullible people have bought into anti-vax propaganda and outlandishly complicated government conspiracy theories. OK, lol.

And the fact I have the moral high ground (which I do) doesn't matter. What matters is literally all of the science is on my side.

I honestly do not care -- not even a little bit -- if people choose to lose their jobs over getting vaccinated. Whaaaa whaaaa.
Not going to argue about Covid but if you trust the science at this point you must also believe that Cigarettes don't cause cancer, Coal mining has nothing to do with people dying of black lung, thalidomide is fine for pregnant women, and that lobotomies should be used to "fix" mental illness. All these "scientific facts" have been proclaimed and supported by the Doctors, the government and popular culture. I won't even go into all the other drugs, therapies, and treatments that go into this list. I don't care if you believe one side or the other but it is way too early and there are too many other people with Doctor in their names disagreeing to say that this is fact.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

pezsez1 wrote:
Do you remember anything you read 2 minutes ago? I literally just agreed with you that COVID will be here forever.

This will be over once everyone has been either vaccinated or infected/recovered because then COVID will no longer be "new" to anyone's immune systems. The snake will be defanged. It really will be just like the cold or flu.

Look at the death rates of vaccinated people compared to unvaccinated people. It will be as if everyone's been vaccinated, and at that point it won't matter if it spreads.
We don't need to force vaccinate anyone. The vaccinated need to stop being afraid of the unvaccinated and then we can return to our new normal of contemptuous hostility towards anyone who doesn't agree with our viewpoints.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Not going to argue about Covid but if you trust the science at this point you must also believe that Cigarettes don't cause cancer, Coal mining has nothing to do with people dying of black lung, thalidomide is fine for pregnant women, and that lobotomies should be used to "fix" mental illness.
Skepticism is healthy... but you're comparing a rigorous, worldwide scientific undertaking with astounding public scrutiny with cherry-picked occurrences from decades ago when people operated largely without oversight, peer review, or quality standards.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

The vaccinated need to stop being afraid of the unvaccinated and then we can return to our new normal of contemptuous hostility towards anyone who doesn't agree with our viewpoints.
The unvaccinated need to pull their heads out of their butts and either get vaccinated or deal with the consequences of their actions like the rest of us have to.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

pezsez1 wrote:We are tired of them and don't care if they lose their jobs over making stupid decisions.
Yikes, no tolerance while terminating any diversity of thought or principle.

That's not a very healthy approach to humanity or society.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Yikes, no tolerance while terminating any diversity of thought or principle.
What would you say to people who think the Ducks should prepare for Stanford by playing pickup basketball?

I agree, what's happening here isn't good for society, but the right's sweeping anti-intellectualism is far more dangerous than the left's loss of compassion. The right has lacked compassion for years so I don't even understand why conservatives care.