Page 1 of 3

Jalil Tucker announcing august 20th (QUACK)

Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:49 pm
by UOducksTK1
Been heavy ducks lean forever.

Re: Jalil Tucker announcing august 20th

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:17 am
by jimmy12
Duck

Re: Jalil Tucker announcing august 20th

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:03 am
by StevensTechU
My head says Duck, but my heart won't let me commit to the idea out of fear of a letdown.

Re: Jalil Tucker announcing august 20th

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:58 am
by jimmy12
StevensTechU wrote:My head says Duck, but my heart won't let me commit to the idea out of fear of a letdown.

courage my boy... courage!

Re: Jalil Tucker announcing august 20th

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:31 am
by StevensTechU
If the Ducks land him, the troika of Davies, Dickerson, and Tucker, with developmental guys in Florence and Barkins, would completely change my tune on the cornerback situation. I also don't want to hold my breath, but I could see Manning staying a full 4 years, perhaps longer.

Re: Jalil Tucker announcing august 20th

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:06 am
by jimmy12
StevensTechU wrote:If the Ducks land him, the troika of Davies, Dickerson, and Tucker, with developmental guys in Florence and Barkins, would completely change my tune on the cornerback situation. I also don't want to hold my breath, but I could see Manning staying a full 4 years, perhaps longer.
How do you feel about the Safetys?

Re: Jalil Tucker announcing august 20th

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:15 am
by StevensTechU
Not so great.

Re: Jalil Tucker announcing august 20th

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:18 am
by jimmy12
StevensTechU wrote:Not so great.
Agreed. Seems we have struggled at that position the past few cycles.

Re: Jalil Tucker announcing august 20th

Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:35 am
by StevensTechU
In other commitments this week...

Today (August 16), high 4-star WR Tetairoa McMilan from Servite HS in California, will make his college announcement. He has a strong pull toward Arizona, where two Servite teammates are going, including his QB, but Oregon has received the last two 247 Crystal Balls (both were 5s, which represents pretty tepid predictions).

Re: Jalil Tucker announcing august 20th

Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:25 am
by RanDux
What time does he announce?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Re: Jalil Tucker announcing august 20th

Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:22 pm
by alxtw
RanDux wrote:What time does he announce?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
It's around 11pm on kusi.com

Re: Jalil Tucker announcing august 20th

Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:50 pm
by buckmarkduck
StevensTechU wrote:Not so great.

It’s funny we had this supposed great recruiter as a DB coach, and he left us with basically the least amount of talent of any group on the team.

Re: Jalil Tucker announcing august 20th

Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:31 pm
by GoDucksTroll
buckmarkduck wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:Not so great.

It’s funny we had this supposed great recruiter as a DB coach, and he left us with basically the least amount of talent of any group on the team.
Dont’e Williams was on staff January 2018 to February 2020 and in those two years he landed:
* Mykael Wright (our highest rated CB recruit ever back then, a first team all conference CB as a true freshman)
* Dante Manning (our highest rated CB recruit ever, surpassing Wright. TBD on performance but possible starter already)
* Jamal Hill and DJ James (if it wasn’t for the airsoft those are two starters and one was the MVP of the conference championship game)
* Justin Flowe (Our second highest rated recruit ever, highest LB)
* Kris Hutson
* Jared Greenfield
* Big role in Devon Williams transfer
Bad: Luke Hill, Elijah Blades, Chris Steele. Three misfires.


That’s a net positive before even touching the actual coaching, which is hard to gauge but Graham and Lenoir we’re both good, as was Wright. There’s no doubt he’s one of the best recruiters in the country. His fake “I’m a streetwise kid” persona is a lot more annoying when he’s on the other side but he’s as good as anyone at what he does.

Re: Jalil Tucker announcing august 20th

Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:48 pm
by StevensTechU
Yea, I can't knock Donte's straight up recruiting ability. He's one of the best in the country. Does that mean he is a great evaluator of talent or good roster manager, that I don't know. GDT, didn't Donte also play a sizable role in getting Thibodeaux to Eugene? I don't recall exactly.

I hope Greenfield is able to get on the field and produce. He's a ballhawk, and has a lot of eligibility left. But yea, between what we have in this class so far and last class, I don't really see guys who fly all over the field and take the ball in the other direction. There's still time left.

Re: Jalil Tucker announcing august 20th

Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:18 am
by jimmy12
StevensTechU wrote:Yea, I can't knock Donte's straight up recruiting ability. He's one of the best in the country. Does that mean he is a great evaluator of talent or good roster manager, that I don't know. GDT, didn't Donte also play a sizable role in getting Thibodeaux to Eugene? I don't recall exactly.

I hope Greenfield is able to get on the field and produce. He's a ballhawk, and has a lot of eligibility left. But yea, between what we have in this class so far and last class, I don't really see guys who fly all over the field and take the ball in the other direction. There's still time left.

I agree the ballhawk hasn't surfaced yet, but candidly who have wee seen for any length of time? Lenoir and Graham took 90% of the snaps two years ago and last year was lenoir and wright. (with some james) Wright is showing. Give the CBs a little time to see definitively. I do agree with you at S. This is definitely a wait and see. This also aligns to your comments from months past about Heyward's lack of recruiting well at S.

FYI-- I just a tweet that Tucker's announcement will likely be after his game tonight. They speculated that this would be between 11-11:30 pm.