Mario

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Mario

Post by Quietduck »

Was it just me or was he ticked off that the details had been made public of the scrimmage? I don't think I would want him made at me.

I'm glad the O came back this week and did well. I'm a defense guy and I want our LB's to terrify the country but having a run game/pass game that gets them rest and points to lean on will only make them better. I want to see Flowe, Sewell and Kayvon playing meet me at the QB. I don't want anyone hurt but I want our opponents back field to have their heads on a swivel at all time for fear of who's coming this time.

Quietduck
lmduck

Re: Mario

Post by lmduck »

Just curious why you might think this? I have not seen any of the interviews. Did he come across irritated? Maybe Crepea asked too many questions.[WINKING FACE]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

youtube after the scrimage.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

Thanks- will check out the presser for sure.

Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

Someone was asking about Cardwell scoring a couple of times.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Moseley was live-tweeting it as well so it's not like it was completely secretive.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Quietduck wrote:Someone was asking about Cardwell scoring a couple of times.
I think his first one was a 20+ yard run with the 1s.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

It wasn't just 'someone' asking, it was Crepea. The love affair continues.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Crepea was asking about Cardwell's TD runs and Mario snapped at him. Mosely tweeted about the TD runs, which I think Mario forgot in the moment.

Makes me think there's a decent chance we see Cardwell getting some carries.
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

GrantDuck wrote:Crepea was asking about Cardwell's TD runs and Mario snapped at him. Mosely tweeted about the TD runs, which I think Mario forgot in the moment.

Cardwell is the best true RB on the roster. (That is healthy)

We don't quite know who Trey Benson is...
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

jimmy12 wrote:
GrantDuck wrote:Crepea was asking about Cardwell's TD runs and Mario snapped at him. Mosely tweeted about the TD runs, which I think Mario forgot in the moment.

Cardwell is the best true RB on the roster. (That is healthy)

We don't quite know who Trey Benson is...

If they can stay healthy, I think in 4 years we will talk about Cardwrell/Benson and Seven, the same way we talk about MoMo/Ontario, Stew/Johnson, and LMJ/Barber/Dat. These 3 can be a special group.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

It’s encouraging to hear about Cardwell doing well. I’ve defended CJ and Dye, to an extent, due to them not being in an explosive offense like the past RBs and Dye being statistically pretty damn good. Having a true workhorse that defenses have to scheme against would be great. CJ can break those 20 yarders as often as anyone but he can get one yard carries with horrible tunnel vision.

I’m not a fan of Crepea, the Oregonian has really gone down hill. I have a subscription through work and I don’t bother to log in to read the locked articles. The Crepea-Mario feud is kind of funny. Canzano is a nice guy IRL who just stirs up stuff for clicks and panders to the little brother fans, but Crepea just seems unlikable.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

I think Crepea is always trying to trip the coaches up, i.e get them to say something very specific about the game plan or an injury. He tried that with Mario a couple of different ways about Hill and Jsmes' suspension and Mario cut him right off.

The funny thing is, the coaches have him all figured out. They know his game. I had an opportunity to talk with a couple of them in a private setting and both of them said the same thing, he (Crepea) wants to come off looking like the smartest man in the room or in this case the reporter who got the big scoop. He also tries to pretend like he knows all the inside scoop and that the coaches tell him things they won't tell anyone else . Little does he know.

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Crepes looks just like Bobby Boucher dad
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I don't see how any of this is an indictment on Crepea really; it just seems like he is doing his job. He does ask a lot of technical questions, and maybe he is trying to show off or something, but it's just really entertaining to me to watch Mario's countenance darken whenever Crepea asks a question. He doesn't hide his dislike, and so it's like a routine they have, like Seinfeld and Newman or something. In fact, I wouldn't be at all surprised to someday find that it was all choreographed for entertainment purposes in an otherwise boring press conference process. Great stuff.