Post Fresno State- Where Do We Stand?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: Post Fresno State- Where Do We Stand?

Post by buckmarkduck »

DuckzRule wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:Wherever we stand, it’s a hell of a lot better than where UW is lol. Down 10-7 to the mighty Grizz
I hope they ducking lose, or minimum get embarassed.
Well it’s the 4th quarter, so it’s already embarrassing. For them, not us. I’m just eating popcorn and loving every second.
thatbpguy
Four Star Recruit

Post by thatbpguy »

OMG!!!! Montana beats #20 UW. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
thatbpguy
Four Star Recruit

Post by thatbpguy »

buckmarkduck wrote:
DuckzRule wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:Wherever we stand, it’s a hell of a lot better than where UW is lol. Down 10-7 to the mighty Grizz
I hope they ducking lose, or minimum get embarassed.
Well it’s the 4th quarter, so it’s already embarrassing. For them, not us. I’m just eating popcorn and loving every second.
Amen!
thatbpguy
Four Star Recruit

Post by thatbpguy »

I would have punted.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

13-7 Grizzlies win it.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

AND THEY LOST!

AWESOME!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Love it
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

The largest concern long term is that our OL sucked out loud for most of the game. Pass protection in particular was bad.

The reason is that Cristobal is supposedly Mr. O-Line and now that he has "his guys" on the OL, we are a below average offensive line. Can't ride Greatwood's coattails anymore with that Hanson/Throck/Shane/Aiello class.

Mario is that coach than can recruit but is a mediocre game coach/teacher.

I want Chip back.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

Back on topic. The truth is we won't really know what the ducks are until next week. Fresno state had a week already to shake off the cobwebs, and in reality they're an experienced and well coached team. It's possible, and even likely that Oregon was trying to play extra conservative so they wouldn't show everything to Ohio state for next week. It's also the first time any of them have played in front of a crowd in over a year. After next week I think it's fair to pass judgement, but not after week 1
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

squintsdd wrote:Back on topic. The truth is we won't really know what the ducks are until next week. Fresno state had a week already to shake off the cobwebs, and in reality they're an experienced and well coached team. It's possible, and even likely that Oregon was trying to play extra conservative so they wouldn't show everything to Ohio state for next week. It's also the first time any of them have played in front of a crowd in over a year. After next week I think it's fair to pass judgement, but not after week 1

Seems fair. Hopefully we get Hill and James back because receivers were running wide open all over the field.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

If KT never goes down how close is the game? KT is amazing but it is concerning that the defense struggles so much after he went down, even if it is the #1 pick. I remember some mentioning they were worried about lack of depth on the line, but it sure showed how drastically of a drop off it was after KT went down.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

OregonFan4Life wrote:If KT never goes down how close is the game? KT is amazing but it is concerning that the defense struggles so much after he went down, even if it is the #1 pick. I remember some mentioning they were worried about lack of depth on the line, but it sure showed how drastically of a drop off it was after KT went down.
The pressure was still there after he went down, the difference was that Oregon had to send an extra man to get that pressure, which leaves them a man short in coverage. The defensive backs were the main problem, they needed to play tighter coverage
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

GrantDuck wrote:The largest concern long term is that our OL sucked out loud for most of the game. Pass protection in particular was bad.
I watched the 4th quarter live, and had to watch replays for the first three quarters, but this was my biggest takeaway. When the line gets reset a yard back and there is no hole, don't blame the running back. And when your QB has a collapsing pocket every dropback, don't blame him for not throwing down field. It's actually amazing he threw zero picks, in my opinion. Brown wasn't stellar, but he wasn't bad. If he turns the ball over (which is what the freshmen quarterbacks would have almost assuredly done under pressure, maybe multiple times), Oregon loses. The offensive line is a problem.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

StevensTechU wrote:
GrantDuck wrote:The largest concern long term is that our OL sucked out loud for most of the game. Pass protection in particular was bad.
I watched the 4th quarter live, and had to watch replays for the first three quarters, but this was my biggest takeaway. When the line gets reset a yard back and there is no hole, don't blame the running back. And when your QB has a collapsing pocket every dropback, don't blame him for not throwing down field. It's actually amazing he threw zero picks, in my opinion. Brown wasn't stellar, but he wasn't bad. If he turns the ball over (which is what the freshmen quarterbacks would have almost assuredly done under pressure, maybe multiple times), Oregon loses. The offensive line is a problem.

The OL is a huge problem. I’ve said it before, don’t hire your lifelong best friend in college football. At some point mc will have to decide, friendship or his own job. Alex is not the answer as OL coach.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

StevensTechU wrote:
I’m curious, why was the Oline so bad? Not strong enough? Poor technique? Not focused? I know Fresno St is no slouch but as someone who is nowhere near a football expert I just wonder why the OLine struggled.