USC
Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:41 pm
Big time hopes SC keeps Helton. Could see Coach Pete succeeding him. He’s already in LA every week anyway. SC plays with little emotion. Helton has lived his 9 lives with them.
Oregon Ducks Sports Message Board Forum
https://ducksattack.com/forum/
Poodles are begging for Peterson to come back on dawgpound.Everythingsducky wrote:Big time hopes SC keeps Helton. Could see Coach Pete succeeding him. He’s already in LA every week anyway. SC plays with little emotion. Helton has lived his 9 lives with them.
Fickell strikes me as an Ohio guy and if he can't be at Ohio State then making Cincy into a power seems more up his alley. It's not like he's got strong West Coast recruiting ties.buckmarkduck wrote:Swung by to read some SC threads and they think these are legit candidates.
Fickle-maybe but he seems like a Midwest guy who already felt with a fan base with crazy expectations.
McVay- lol
Stoops- probably can get him, he is just sitting around.
I watched from just before halftime through the end and IMHO that defense flat out quit on the field. although I enjoy watching a good run game run over a defense in the 4th quarter this was not that and just goes to show the mindset of that locker room. Spoiled children that are a bunch of individuals and not a team with no leaders.Everythingsducky wrote:Gotta think Donte is definitely out of the question as HC after a monumental loss at home to OSU. Not that he wouldn’t be considered, but this loss may have killed it altogether. Not that he was even being considered.
What's funny in some ways is that Jonathan Smith is probably a great choice for them to go after but he'd likely turn them down. I'm more worried about OAC this year and next than USC in the immediate future.rsbgduck wrote:I watched from just before halftime through the end and IMHO that defense flat out quit on the field. although I enjoy watching a good run game run over a defense in the 4th quarter this was not that and just goes to show the mindset of that locker room. Spoiled children that are a bunch of individuals and not a team with no leaders.Everythingsducky wrote:Gotta think Donte is definitely out of the question as HC after a monumental loss at home to OSU. Not that he wouldn’t be considered, but this loss may have killed it altogether. Not that he was even being considered.
Todd Orlando is one of the worst defensive coordinators in college football. How he somehow landed DC gigs at Texas and USC is beyond me. Only reason I can think of is he had dirt on the head coaches because he's terrible.rsbgduck wrote:I watched from just before halftime through the end and IMHO that defense flat out quit on the field. although I enjoy watching a good run game run over a defense in the 4th quarter this was not that and just goes to show the mindset of that locker room. Spoiled children that are a bunch of individuals and not a team with no leaders.Everythingsducky wrote:Gotta think Donte is definitely out of the question as HC after a monumental loss at home to OSU. Not that he wouldn’t be considered, but this loss may have killed it altogether. Not that he was even being considered.
I can remember some on this forum gazing wistfully in Orlando's direction when Oregon was in the midst of defensive doldrums a few seasons ago.pdxduck2013 wrote:Todd Orlando is one of the worst defensive coordinators in college football. How he somehow landed DC gigs at Texas and USC is beyond me. Only reason I can think of is he had dirt on the head coaches because he's terrible.rsbgduck wrote:I watched from just before halftime through the end and IMHO that defense flat out quit on the field. although I enjoy watching a good run game run over a defense in the 4th quarter this was not that and just goes to show the mindset of that locker room. Spoiled children that are a bunch of individuals and not a team with no leaders.Everythingsducky wrote:Gotta think Donte is definitely out of the question as HC after a monumental loss at home to OSU. Not that he wouldn’t be considered, but this loss may have killed it altogether. Not that he was even being considered.