Page 1 of 1

USC Recruits

Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:51 am
by northbeachsf
Do we have a legit second chance at any of the current USC recruits?

Re: USC Recruits

Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:18 am
by karlhungis
What about luring Corey Foreman into the portal?

Re: USC Recruits

Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:18 am
by dthomas=ddixon
Any of the ones we would want are Donte recruits so it’s unlikely at this point. Even if they hire from outside, whoever is hired would be smart to keep Donte, even just for the sake of the recruiting class.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: USC Recruits

Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:20 am
by Duck07
dthomas=ddixon wrote:Any of the ones we would want are Donte recruits so it’s unlikely at this point. Even if they hire from outside, whoever is hired would be smart to keep Donte, even just for the sake of the recruiting class.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd like to see Korey Foreman transfer to Eugene!

Re: USC Recruits

Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:21 am
by jimmy12
That team has flaws from positional perspective. And now the man running the show, who will try to win the job, has no governor l. He will have the best summer 7 v 7 team in the country.

Re: USC Recruits

Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:39 am
by OregonFan4Life
jimmy12 wrote:That team has flaws from positional perspective. And now the man running the show, who will try to win the job, has no governor l. He will have the best summer 7 v 7 team in the country.
Yet somehow Stanford passed all over USC and it felt like USC DB’s were nowhere near receivers. Either Dontae has been recruiting busts or just focuses on recruiting and forgets to teach them how to cover. I know he’s getting paid way more but I don’t think Dontae did himself any long term favors going to USC. I doubt he gets the HC job and there’s a chance whoever comes in brings in his own guys and suddenly Dontae is out of the job. Unless Dontae is at the very least promoted to DC at USC, he’s gonna be looking elsewhere immediately. I always felt this was a foolish move for Dontae despite the immediate increase in pay.

Re: USC Recruits

Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:40 am
by jimmy12
They will keep dantae. Trust me

Re: USC Recruits

Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:45 am
by OregonFan4Life
jimmy12 wrote:They will keep dantae. Trust me
I’m sure they’ll try to but if they’re going to put shackles around a coach before hiring one they’re gonna struggle to find a quality one. Fact is, it’s quite often that good coaches want to bring in their guys with complete disregard for who is already there.

Re: USC Recruits

Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:17 pm
by alxtw
If his main reason (father's ailing health) to move back to LA was true, then I don't see him leaving LA even if he is let go. I hope that the new HC at SC keeps Donte on staff or Donte gets the permanent position. It would be a nightmare if he is brought on by the UCLA staff. UCLA and Chip would be scary good if they had an ace recruiter like Donte on staff.

Re: USC Recruits

Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:38 pm
by OregonFan4Life
alxtw wrote:If his main reason (father's ailing health) to move back to LA was true, then I don't see him leaving LA even if he is let go. I hope that the new HC at SC keeps Donte on staff or Donte gets the permanent position. It would be a nightmare if he is brought on by the UCLA staff. UCLA and Chip would be scary good if they had an ace recruiter like Donte on staff.
I forgot that his father was sick, I take back what I said, it wasn’t a foolish decision.

Re: USC Recruits

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:21 am
by northbeachsf
Duck07 wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:Any of the ones we would want are Donte recruits so it’s unlikely at this point. Even if they hire from outside, whoever is hired would be smart to keep Donte, even just for the sake of the recruiting class.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd like to see Korey Foreman transfer to Eugene!
I wonder how involved we are in the transfer portal? I read a while back that we were 1 of only 4 FBS programs that did not take a non-graduate transfer from the portal last year.

Re: USC Recruits

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:46 am
by Duck07
northbeachsf wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:Any of the ones we would want are Donte recruits so it’s unlikely at this point. Even if they hire from outside, whoever is hired would be smart to keep Donte, even just for the sake of the recruiting class.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd like to see Korey Foreman transfer to Eugene!
I wonder how involved we are in the transfer portal? I read a while back that we were 1 of only 4 FBS programs that did not take a non-graduate transfer from the portal last year.
It wasn't for lack of effort on our part, more that we were selective in who we went after.

Re: USC Recruits

Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:26 pm
by DuckMastaFunk
alxtw wrote:If his main reason (father's ailing health) to move back to LA was true, then I don't see him leaving LA even if he is let go. I hope that the new HC at SC keeps Donte on staff or Donte gets the permanent position. It would be a nightmare if he is brought on by the UCLA staff. UCLA and Chip would be scary good if they had an ace recruiter like Donte on staff.
I think the biggest factory was getting passed over as DC. He knew he didn’t have upward trajectory here, so he went elsewhere, got a pay raise, and I’m guessing he was assured a shot at a DC job if it opens up.

Re: USC Recruits

Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:52 am
by jimmy12
Uhm—
He wasnt offered the DC role at USC either. In fact, they hired Orlando.