All Draft related information will be here

Moderators: UOducksTK1, Zyme, lukeyrid13, Oregon Ownage

jibbajabba614
Senior
GM: Milwaukee Bucks GM

Re: 1991 Draft Discussion

Post by jibbajabba614 »

FlDuckFan wrote:
jibbajabba614 wrote:Rockets having GP and LJ is something I wish I could get. Picking 4-10 leaves you out of top prospects. Hoped Pippen would pan out. Really felt LJ would go #1. I gave him a better write up for a reason

Magic look good on paper though.
Yeah on paper we have a lot of good parts, can they put it together and can I build around them
Plus 2 max contracts space

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Skyhooker
Junior
GM: Philadelphia 76ers

Post by Skyhooker »

Seriously, this draft....
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

This was brought up offline but wanted to let everyone know the process:

The first five players listed on a notes page, are the first five players drafted IRL for that position. The next set of players could have been drafted in order or are picked specifically. They are not ranked in terms of potential, instant impact, etc. but rather how Jibba and I build the draft files
Cellar-door
Senior
GM: Charlotte Hornets

Post by Cellar-door »

I'm exploring some trade options, might go all the way to my deadline as a heads up
Hornets GM
jibbajabba614
Senior

Post by jibbajabba614 »

I like this King GM… I would of picked him at 5. Abilities for PF to move to SF give an advantage and reason why on paper looks like a weak PF position.

Fact is I would of gotten Dele or Dale as BPA. A position well depth in reason I went with Steve Smith. Love taking chances on 20ppg
dms269
Two Star Recruit
GM: Sacramento Kings

Post by dms269 »

jibbajabba614 wrote:I like this King GM… I would of picked him at 5. Abilities for PF to move to SF give an advantage and reason why on paper looks like a weak PF position.

Fact is I would of gotten Dele or Dale as BPA. A position well depth in reason I went with Steve Smith. Love taking chances on 20ppg
Exactly what my plan is.
jibbajabba614
Senior

Post by jibbajabba614 »

dms269 wrote:
jibbajabba614 wrote:I like this King GM… I would of picked him at 5. Abilities for PF to move to SF give an advantage and reason why on paper looks like a weak PF position.

Exactly what my plan is.
I just don’t want Cellar complaining later on. Notes said, ‘it won't worry scouts’, I know I throw in could and should but when I put won’t means would not happen. I always try to help GM’s but I don’t put myself in a position to be held responsible for it.

Randy Brown, fourth starter coming right up. And I said it’s a deep point guard.
jibbajabba614
Senior

Post by jibbajabba614 »

Not trying to take a shot at Cellar but I saw his comment about 4th starter.

I had draft as LJ, Deke, TB, Steve Smith, Dele…

After that u got the two SF’s, few A potential bigs which sim engine seems to do well with, a deep PG class. SFs and SGs unless your getting a top player who can be a 20ppg off the bat, they aren’t getting a good write up cause I have no idea they will become that good. Wings need offense either A- or B- on either side of offense to be an effective 20ppg. Gilll and Smith simmed 1/5 like that. Pippen 2/5 and after the second time I had to readjust his ratings
Oregon Ownage
All-American

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Files have been updated through pick 10
Cellar-door
Senior
GM: Charlotte Hornets

Post by Cellar-door »

jibbajabba614 wrote:
dms269 wrote:

Exactly what my plan is.
I just don’t want Cellar complaining later on. Notes said, ‘it won't worry scouts’, I know I throw in could and should but when I put won’t means would not happen. I always try to help GM’s but I don’t put myself in a position to be held responsible for it.

Randy Brown, fourth starter coming right up. And I said it’s a deep point guard.
Yeah I strongly considered going Gatling as a 3, but I decided it was worth going for a guard given my roster and having PF/C minutes locked since I can't move Ferry down. PG seems like a crapshoot, but what I need more than anything else is a guy from the guard spot with top scoring, preferably inside. I think Gatling has a good shot to be a better player than Brown, but I think the chances of Brown being a real scorer from day 1 are higher, and he gives me more flexibility in FA, as he could play 1 or 2, where Gatling I'd be stuck looking solely for a 1 or 2 since I'd have the whole frontcourt locked in.
Hornets GM
Oregon Ownage
All-American

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Oregon Ownage wrote:Files have been updated through pick 10
Heat pick has been changed to Luc Longley
chipper
Four Star Recruit
GM: Indiana Pacers

Post by chipper »

Oregon Ownage wrote:
Oregon Ownage wrote:Files have been updated through pick 10
Heat pick has been changed to Luc Longley
Well shoooooot. That changes everything.
Pacers GM.
chipper
Four Star Recruit

Post by chipper »

I'll pick shortly- just deciding between a few players.
Pacers GM.
chipper
Four Star Recruit

Post by chipper »

This was a REALLY tough choice- as there were about 5 players I could have picked and been happy with> Macon just fit really well with where the team is now depending on what happens in free agency, as there's not as many SGs I like in FA and I had a relative hole there last season.
Pacers GM.
jibbajabba614
Senior

Post by jibbajabba614 »

Cellar-door wrote:
jibbajabba614 wrote:
dms269 wrote:

Exactly what my plan is.

Yeah I strongly considered going Gatling as a 3, but I decided it was worth going for a guard given my roster and having PF/C minutes locked since I can't move Ferry down. PG seems like a crapshoot, but what I need more than anything else is a guy from the guard spot with top scoring, preferably inside. I think Gatling has a good shot to be a better player than Brown, but I think the chances of Brown being a real scorer from day 1 are higher, and he gives me more flexibility in FA, as he could play 1 or 2, where Gatling I'd be stuck looking solely for a 1 or 2 since I'd have the whole frontcourt locked in.
Yea if he can get that A- inside and B+ defense, he becomes a great SG here. But the B potential only makes that harder.