Oregon State @ #11 Oregon (Nov. 27, Sat 12:30 PM ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Re: Oregon State @ #11 Oregon (Nov. 27, Sat 12:30 PM ESPN)

Post by QuackininBama »

Duck07 wrote:I bet at some point we'll see an announcement from KT about his last game in front of Autzen.
Wow, I didn't even think of that but I can see that. Why risk it for best case, a Rose Bowl when you are arguably the 1st overall pick in the draft. Definitely something to watch for.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Duck07 wrote:I bet at some point we'll see an announcement from KT about his last game in front of Autzen. No reason for him to come back so it'd be right to recognize him on Saturday.

With the Lions losing it also seems likely he'll be paired up with Penei. I think Detroit would be a great place for him for all of the off-field causes he has mentioned and Lord knows that city could use the positivity.

I only hope is for the lions to keep losing. I’d say it’s 50/50 he decides it’s worth any money to live and play in Detroit, or come back to school for one more year and land someplace much better. He can make planets of money now without throwing his career down the toilet going to such a garbage organization.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Duck07 wrote:I bet at some point we'll see an announcement from KT about his last game in front of Autzen. No reason for him to come back so it'd be right to recognize him on Saturday.

With the Lions losing it also seems likely he'll be paired up with Penei. I think Detroit would be a great place for him for all of the off-field causes he has mentioned and Lord knows that city could use the positivity.

I only hope is for the lions to keep losing. I’d say it’s 50/50 he decides it’s worth any money to live and play in Detroit, or come back to school for one more year and land someplace much better. He can make planets of money now without throwing his career down the toilet going to such a garbage organization.
That is mighty optimistic of you. I would give it a 1% chance. These guys train all their lives for the chance to be in the NFL. They are generally just happy to be drafted regardless of organization. The instances of guys refusing to play for an organization that drafts them are very few and far between. The money he’s making right now is tiny drops in the bucket compared to what he’ll make as the overall number 1 pick.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

#1 picks have done it before, unless he can somehow pull a Manning or a Elway.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

droop10 wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:

That is mighty optimistic of you. I would give it a 1% chance. These guys train all their lives for the chance to be in the NFL. They are generally just happy to be drafted regardless of organization. The instances of guys refusing to play for an organization that drafts them are very few and far between. The money he’s making right now is tiny drops in the bucket compared to what he’ll make as the overall number 1 pick.

Was supposed to be “our” not I
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Ducks going all-green versus the Beavs, who'll be going with all-orange uniforms.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

WSU not cougin' it tonight (though still half a quarter left...) so the Beavs chances for the North go away with the poodle loss.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Great news, a Husky loss and all of a sudden the stakes have gotten a lot lower for the Beavs. Their fans live to see the Ducks lose, but their players have to be feeling deflated. It’s still a rivalry game and there are bowl considerations but no conference title game in their future.

Washington started 5-star Freshman QB Sam Huard and he responded with a 4 INT/1 fumble/-25 yards rushing performance. That’s what Cristobal doesn’t want to happen with a freshman QB and plenty to play for. I think everyone understands that TT and Butterfield can make throws that Brown can’t or at least consistently can’t. But Butterfield isn’t the same runner and Thompson is still a baby. We saw in last year’s OSU game when a gunslinger that gets rattled can pass you right out of a game you should have won. Shough made big throws and he also panicked and missed a TD that would have made it a two score game in the fourth.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

GoDucksTroll wrote:Washington started 5-star Freshman QB Sam Huard and he responded with a 4 INT/1 fumble/-25 yards rushing performance. That’s what Cristobal doesn’t want to happen with a freshman QB and plenty to play for. I think everyone understands that TT and Butterfield can make throws that Brown can’t or at least consistently can’t. But Butterfield isn’t the same runner and Thompson is still a baby. We saw in last year’s OSU game when a gunslinger that gets rattled can pass you right out of a game you should have won. Shough made big throws and he also panicked and missed a TD that would have made it a two score game in the fourth.
Great take on the Ducks QB situation.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

GoDucksTroll wrote:Great news, a Husky loss and all of a sudden the stakes have gotten a lot lower for the Beavs. Their fans live to see the Ducks lose, but their players have to be feeling deflated. It’s still a rivalry game and there are bowl considerations but no conference title game in their future.

Washington started 5-star Freshman QB Sam Huard and he responded with a 4 INT/1 fumble/-25 yards rushing performance. That’s what Cristobal doesn’t want to happen with a freshman QB and plenty to play for. I think everyone understands that TT and Butterfield can make throws that Brown can’t or at least consistently can’t. But Butterfield isn’t the same runner and Thompson is still a baby. We saw in last year’s OSU game when a gunslinger that gets rattled can pass you right out of a game you should have won. Shough made big throws and he also panicked and missed a TD that would have made it a two score game in the fourth.
I’m sure WA fans are so satisfied with how the season went with Morris as starting QB…

At this point, yeah start Brown today, but it TT or Butterfield started since the Cal game the offense very well might be better than it is now. Besides, is there a difference between throwing picks and being unable to throw more than 5 yards downfield resulting in consecutive punts and 2 yard gains on 4th and 15? Last night was a huge learning experience for Huard which is valuable going forward. When a young QB with a bright future has bad games it’s a learning opportunity, when a 6th year Sr does it’s just a waste.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

GoDucksTroll wrote:Great news, a Husky loss and all of a sudden the stakes have gotten a lot lower for the Beavs. Their fans live to see the Ducks lose, but their players have to be feeling deflated. It’s still a rivalry game and there are bowl considerations but no conference title game in their future.

None of this changes the fact that we have a QB Development problem under Mario. Some of the remarks you make only reinforce that, rather than to give Mario the benefit of the doubt it only shows the problems with the QBs/Offense. Neither Herbert, Shough, Brown (or Butterfield) were "green" QBs when they took over and in the case of Shough and Butterfield we've seen the coaches misplay end of game management scenarios. See last week at Utah for another example of not giving Butterfield reps late in a blowout.

I remember being upset in the Fresno game Week 1 because we were running the ball way too much. Natural response is we didn't want to show anything to Ohio State but my feeling was we needed to get our Passing Offense into a rhythm more than we needed to "hide the pass game."

Today, just get the Win so it will largely be Run, Run, Run with the occasional Play-Action but as we go into this game, 1 of the largest off-season questions can be answered grade wise and it isn't good for Mario or Moorhead that the QB play has been this bad with no sign of progress.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Either Utah’s defense is incredibly physical or Oregon’s OLine did not show up against Utah. That looked easy for Oregon.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Looks like the Utah game was a real wake up call for both sides of the line. I’m sure they were embarrassed. Glad to see this team respond so well so far!