Pac-12 CG: #10 Oregon v #17 Utah (Dec. 3, Fri 5 PM ABC)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

Re: Pac-12 CG: #10 Oregon v #17 Utah (Dec. 3, Fri 5 PM ABC)

Post by nogerO »

greenyellow wrote:
FUGLY BIRD s*** UNIFORMS? Are they trying to make us the laughing stock of the college football world? They're doing a good job with this abomination...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
OfaFeather
Two Star Recruit

Post by OfaFeather »

It’s strange to see all these people so confident that Oregon will win this time around, it’s more than odd.

If the first game would have been at least competitive, I would say that they are probably right. If Oregon had won in at least one phase of the game…dominated a quarter or two…then yes a possible Oregon win. But c’mon man, they were monkeystomped for four quarters in all three phases and blown out. There is close to nothing that could have happened I less than 2-weeks to change that…

Wait I take that back, if TB got bitten by a radioactive spider, AB was inducted into a super soldier program, and Dye was exposed to gamma radiation…and they all acquired new super powers, then Oregon wins in a landslide.

Otherwise, you are about to see a loss and the ducks on their way to remember the Alamo. Still a good game against a credible Big12 opponent.

I am not going to cheer any less, but there is no way, rationally they win tonight. Overall tho, the season was a win…so there is that.

And I hope I am wrong, dead wrong and everyone can rub it in my face. Let’s Go!
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

OfaFeather wrote:It’s strange to see all these people so confident that Oregon will win this time around, it’s more than odd.

If the first game would have been at least competitive, I would say that they are probably right. If Oregon had won in at least one phase of the game…dominated a quarter or two…then yes a possible Oregon win. But c’mon man, they were monkeystomped for four quarters in all three phases and blown out. There is close to nothing that could have happened I less than 2-weeks to change that…

Wait I take that back, if TB got bitten by a radioactive spider, AB was inducted into a super soldier program, and Dye was exposed to gamma radiation…and they all acquired new super powers, then Oregon wins in a landslide.

Otherwise, you are about to see a loss and the ducks on their way to remember the Alamo. Still a good game against a credible Big12 opponent.

I am not going to cheer any less, but there is no way, rationally they win tonight. Overall tho, the season was a win…so there is that.

And I hope I am wrong, dead wrong and everyone can rub it in my face. Let’s Go!
I’m right there with you, confused by all the people picking Oregon, Utah deserves more respect.

As for this season, yeah it technically was a win, only reason I may not feel that way was cause of how inconsistent the team was. Beating Ohio St was huge but Oregon could’ve done more with it, even with the injuries.

But take away the injuries I think this team may be undefeated right now. Maybe not though cause most of the injuries are on defense and I can’t imagine the offense doing any better against Utah without injuries, but still 1 loss at this point would be really good.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I'm picking Oregon. Utah is good, but we were unusually bad in our first matchup. That was a bigger anomaly than us beating Ohio State. Don't see how we lose unless we completely crap the bed again.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by rsbgduck »

Doesn’t Marcus Mariota have another yr of eligibility left? I mean he’s already at the game and in game shape right LOL
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

great outside contain on the kickoff team, gave up about 15 yards.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Big 4th down for the Defense...probably worth a review, now its too late
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Utah doing whatever they want on offense. Not a great start for the Duck D. Its early though.

On a personal note Utah acting they they have won the game after every single play. They need a reality check.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

huge drop by the RB to set up 3/12
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

The ball was thrown out of bounds. How is that a PI?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Just bad coverage by Wright to give up the PI
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

There is a level of dumb on this team that makes them maddeningly predictable.
3rd and 12? Bail them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

Our special teams kickoff coverage is consistant.... horrible again...
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Duck07 wrote:Just bad coverage by Wright to give up the PI
True, but the ball was thrown two yards out of bounds. Unless he is Randy Moss no way that is completed even if Wright just stood there and watched.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

whosyourwally wrote:There is a level of dumb on this team that makes them maddeningly predictable.
3rd and 12? Bail them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wright has not had the year he was expected to have. That was just basic single coverage, not a scheme issue.