Next Duck Coach: DAN LANNING

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

pezsez1
All Pac-12

Re: Next Duck Coach

Post by pezsez1 »

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... two-weeks/

This article was from Nov. 26. His contract is not up -- far from it -- but Baylor wants to lock him up with a new contract. At the time of this article, sources indicated he intended to stay with Baylor.

We all know how that can go, though. :lol:
Willie Taggart is a dick.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:Sounds like Mullens began preparing for this a week ago. Arande was informed Oregon would be interested and it’s believed that’s why he hasn’t signed with Baylor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aranda + a top 40 offensive coordinator would be a force. Big time force.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

I'd fully expect Baylor to pony up some serious cash. They have a pretty good commitment to athletics.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

Bring in a coach with assistants that can develop players. Then develop the studs already on the roster, we will instantly be a force and that will recruit itself.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

What is it about Oregon coaches dislike so much? It seems we keep getting coaches that get within a couple games or a year from a national championship and they literally check out and say, "yea, this is good but I am going somewhere else and will win them a national championship".

I swear it seems like we are cursed. EVERYONE who comes here will give 90%, but the second they get close, they bail on us. This may be painful but Oregon needs to reevaluate who we are hiring. If you are not all in on winning HERE, thank you but no thank you. This is seriously getting old. Uncle Phil pays em, we have some of the best facilities in the country, kids want to play here.............but it seems coaches only see this as a stepping stone to a another job.

Its time we put an end to this. No idea if this is possible but we need to put in the contracts to make it PAINFUL to leave. This is ridiculous at this point.
mrpd21
Five Star Recruit

Post by mrpd21 »

QuackininBama wrote:What is it about Oregon coaches dislike so much? It seems we keep getting coaches that get within a couple games or a year from a national championship and they literally check out and say, "yea, this is good but I am going somewhere else and will win them a national championship".

I swear it seems like we are cursed. EVERYONE who comes here will give 90%, but the second they get close, they bail on us. This may be painful but Oregon needs to reevaluate who we are hiring. If you are not all in on winning HERE, thank you but no thank you. This is seriously getting old. Uncle Phil pays em, we have some of the best facilities in the country, kids want to play here.............but it seems coaches only see this as a stepping stone to a another job.

Its time we put an end to this. No idea if this is possible but we need to put in the contracts to make it PAINFUL to leave. This is ridiculous at this point.

Need a "dream job and alma mater clause" packed into the contract.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

What is it about Oregon coaches dislike so much? It seems we keep getting coaches that get within a couple games or a year from a national championship and they literally check out and say, "yea, this is good but I am going somewhere else and will win them a national championship".
It probably doesn't help that the Pac-12's brand is in the toilet right now lol. It also doesn't help that our last two coaches were recruiting gurus (and not much else) with dream jobs in sunny, tax-free Florida.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

bellsduck wrote:I'd fully expect Baylor to pony up some serious cash. They have a pretty good commitment to athletics.
Big commitment to athletics, big donors and a private school so they don't have to publish what they pay out.
punizhr02
One Star Recruit

Post by punizhr02 »

The list starts and ends with Joe Brady
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

Not so fast on Brady and already rumors Mario is after him at Miami. He is a south Florida guy.

punizhr02
One Star Recruit

Post by punizhr02 »

lmduck wrote:Not so fast on Brady and already rumors Mario is after him at Miami. He is a south Florida guy.

So you think he'd take a OC job at a dead program over HC at a top 15 program with more money?
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

punizhr02 wrote:
lmduck wrote:Not so fast on Brady and already rumors Mario is after him at Miami. He is a south Florida guy.

So you think he'd take a OC job at a dead program over HC at a top 15 program with more money?
What has Brady done to warrant even consideration at HC?
Mike Bellotti's Mustache
One Star Recruit

Post by Mike Bellotti's Mustache »

the funniest suggestion for Oregon's next head coach:

Luigi Cristobal
"Dyer Was Down"
'00 Alum, "Frat" guy, Go Ducks
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

We’ve watched Marios O for years. What makes anyone believe he and Brady would mesh well at all. Brady was fired because he didn’t call enough run plays in Carolina
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

punizhr02 wrote:

I'm trying to be nice but I've been pretty pissed off today. I'm not found of these Duck fans that act like they are rooting for UC Davis with the whole, "We can't get the coach from Baylor because he is too loyal to Baylor" and "Brady rather have an OC job at a losing program then a head coaching job at winning program." Yes, if we were UC Davis all those things would be true. I FEEL THIS NEEDS TO BE SAID RIGHT NOW: Oregon didn't hire Willie Taggert because there were no other options. They hired him because it was a stupid decision that never made any sense.
Last edited by duck023 on Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.