Dan Lanning and...

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

Re: Dan Lanning and...

Post by Duck07 »

Should have thrown the bag at Marion. Oh well.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Duck07 wrote:Should have thrown the bag at Marion. Oh well.

Only so many bags. I assume Tosh and Klemm didn’t come cheap.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Junior Adams would be a bit disappointing, he’s one of the two coaches Washington’s new NAIA coach retained. But that’s not saying much. At least he has experience in the NW.
Dameyune Craig doesn’t seem realistic, he’s making $600k in a non-income tax state and other than going back to his alma mater Auburn (where he backed up Bo Nix’s dad before his own great few years as a starter) he’s been with Jimbo Fisher for a lot of his career. He is a heavyweight recruiter, and has also been a QB coach. Among the five 5-stars he’s recruited is Jameis Winston.

Interesting note, not sure if this has been talked about, but curious if any assistants we hire have recruits who have signed an NLI they’d want to try to get out of. Adrian Klemm’s son Jalen is an offensive tackle/DE that’s only been playing football since his sophomore year of HS and just signed with Kansas State - he’s their highest rated recruit in the class and second highest in the last three or four years. Dan Lanning mentioned both Jalen Klemm and younger brother Nikko as being welcome to the Oregon family. Tony Tuioti’s son is a 2023 borderline high 3-star low 4-star DE/Edge. Demetrice Martin’s son Cole is obviously a legit blue chipper. That’s one way to build a recruiting class, let’s see if any coaches with a QB son are available.

Junior Adams signed 4-star Germie Bernard who is friends with Sir Mells and Anthony Jones.
thomas time
Senior

New WR coach

Post by thomas time »

Adam Rittenberg 10m
Source: #Oregon is set to hire #Washington's Junior Adams as wide receivers coach. Adams has spent the past three seasons at Washington and remained on Kalen DeBoer's staff. Former offensive coordinator at Western Kentucky but has spent most of his career in the Northwest.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: New WR coach

Post by buckmarkduck »

Credited with developing Cooper Kupp at EWU, and was solid at Boise as well. I can’t understand why anyone doesn’t think this is a good hire for Lanning. Landing a guy who loves being in the PacNW, and is basically UW only power 5 coach.
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

Article up on 247 now:
https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Ar ... 179553234/

Might be an unpopular opinion but I like this hire. A guy with PNW ties and I believe he coached Kupp at EWU before he left for Boise St.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Worked with WRs at every stop... check.
BEST descriptor in his bio.: CONSTANT IMPROVEMENT... check.
Highly regarded wr at both F S & BCS levels (MontanaState and 2001 OSU Fiesta Bowl champs)... check

Reportedly accepted the offer prior to other candidates refusing the job? :lol:
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

I mention on the “natty” thread I wanted Georgia to lose yesterday to get Lanning in Eugene and have the Georgia chapter closed. But I am impressed by how much Lanning has gotten done while still with the Bulldogs, his coaching staff is in place and it sounds like a very good recruiting staff, he has salvaged several player player who had decided to leave the program, overall I am impressed and very happy with our new coach……. Happy New Years all!
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Jalen McMillan and Germie Bernard
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

I'm just going to go on record as solidly in the Danimal's corner on whatever he decides to do as far as hiring coaches. Nobody has an inside to his decision making and should just wait and see for now. Pretty sure he's a little bit better than most here at it...

Happy New Year and, as always,

Go DUCKS!!!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Phalanx wrote:Jalen McMillan and Germie Bernard
Gawd I love seeing the hussies whining about what we do! I've hated those bastards for as long as I can remember in the 70's when they'd bring 15-K plus of their frontrunning fans to Autzen and just act like they owned us. (TBH, in those days they mostly did.)
Maybe we can hang a 15 year streak of losses on those candy asses...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

The UW fans’ obsession with Oregon seems to be rubbing off on their coaches and players…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

nogerO wrote:
Gawd I love seeing the hussies whining about what we do! I've hated those bastards for as long as I can remember in the 70's when they'd bring 15-K plus of their frontrunning fans to Autzen and just act like they owned us. (TBH, in those days they mostly did.)
Maybe we can hang a 15 year streak of losses on those candy asses...
Hussies- now that is good! Kudos to you.

lmduck

Post by lmduck »

Alan wrote:I mention on the “natty” thread I wanted Georgia to lose yesterday to get Lanning in Eugene and have the Georgia chapter closed. But I am impressed by how much Lanning has gotten done while still with the Bulldogs, his coaching staff is in place and it sounds like a very good recruiting staff, he has salvaged several player player who had decided to leave the program, overall I am impressed and very happy with our new coach……. Happy New Years all!
The guy has to be beyond exhausted and it will only go into higher gear on Jan 11.

DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

Both coming to Oregon?! :shock: