Page 1 of 2
CB Jahlil Florence sets Oregon visit
Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:36 pm
by greenyellow
Oregon will be getting CB Jahlil Florence's final visit. He's now considering USC, Oklahoma, Miami, and Florida in addition to Oregon.
Re: CB Jahlil Florences sets Oregon visit
Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:38 pm
by UOducksTK1
Wow I thought for sure he wasn't gonna visit us again. That's huge!
Re: CB Jahlil Florence sets Oregon visit
Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:04 pm
by greenyellow
Seems strange that all of the schools he's considering are ones that went through coaching changes this season.
Re: CB Jahlil Florence sets Oregon visit
Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:38 am
by Duck07
He's got to be a top priority.
Re: CB Jahlil Florence sets Oregon visit
Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:32 pm
by Phalanx
Duck07 wrote:He's got to be a top priority.
I thought Tucker was the good one? Are we just saying Florence is a top priority because we are short on corners, or is he that good?
Re: CB Jahlil Florence sets Oregon visit
Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:54 pm
by greenyellow
Phalanx wrote:Duck07 wrote:He's got to be a top priority.
I thought Tucker was the good one? Are we just saying Florence is a top priority because we are short on corners, or is he that good?
They're both really good as Tucker is 247 Sports' #17 CB in the nation while Florence is the #26 CB.
Re: CB Jahlil Florence sets Oregon visit
Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:37 pm
by StevensTechU
Hope we land Florence and also hope he ends up a safety. I think that's his best spot in college and beyond.
Re: CB Jahlil Florence sets Oregon visit
Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:54 pm
by GoDucksTroll
If we miss out on adding Florence back that will suck, but doubly so it it’s USC - they’ve been able to get DBs always and forever, Donte helped them add more talent.
Hopefully Trejon Williams is kept, always liked him.
As far as other DBs it’s okay to hit the JuCo and Portal instead of taking H.S. recruits just to add bodies. There’s a kid at City College of San Francisco, DeAndre Greeley, who had 10 picks as a CB this season. Immediate qualifier out of HS, three years of eligibility.
Re: CB Jahlil Florence sets Oregon visit
Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:03 am
by jimmy12
Phalanx wrote:Duck07 wrote:He's got to be a top priority.
I thought Tucker was the good one? Are we just saying Florence is a top priority because we are short on corners, or is he that good?
Massively underrated at the start of the season. As good or better than Tucker.
Re: CB Jahlil Florence sets Oregon visit
Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:55 pm
by Duck07
I think we just need DBs period and that most guys will get tried at CB before shifting back to Safety if they can't play tight.
Re: CB Jahlil Florence sets Oregon visit
Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:34 pm
by StevensTechU
Duck07 wrote:I think we just need DBs period and that most guys will get tried at CB before shifting back to Safety if they can't play tight.
I think Florence is like McKinley. I think McKinley could have played corner and been pretty darn good at it, but he excels at safety.
Tucker is faster and more athletic. Florence is more headstrong and aggressive. Really guessing, but I bet Florence makes an earlier impact but Tucker becomes the better pro prospect, kind of like what happened with Graham and Lenoir.
Re: CB Jahlil Florence sets Oregon visit
Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:13 pm
by GoDucksTroll
StevensTechU wrote:Duck07 wrote:I think we just need DBs period and that most guys will get tried at CB before shifting back to Safety if they can't play tight.
I think Florence is like McKinley. I think McKinley could have played corner and been pretty darn good at it, but he excels at safety.
Tucker is faster and more athletic. Florence is more headstrong and aggressive. Really guessing, but I bet Florence makes an earlier impact but Tucker becomes the better pro prospect, kind of like what happened with Graham and Lenoir.
That makes sense. Graham and Lenoir are a good comparison. One is a more ready to play football player with intangibles you can’t measure (awareness, tracking the ball, discipline) and the other is a more physically gifted athlete that is likelier to be an NFL type.
Re: CB Jahlil Florence sets Oregon visit
Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:14 pm
by greenyellow
Re: CB Jahlil Florence sets Oregon visit
Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:40 pm
by lmduck
greenyellow wrote:
Interesting- any insights anyone can share?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Re: CB Jahlil Florence sets Oregon visit
Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:33 pm
by northbeachsf
Assuming that means he is not going to be a Duck?