Chances of Beating Georgia?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

SuperDuck
Senior

Re: Chances of Beating Georgia?

Post by SuperDuck »

73duck wrote:I like Oregon's roster. Some of the commentary disrespects the RB room, but Cardwell and Irving are proven commodities, and the other guys are promising as well. I see it as a strength. The CB depth is thin, but the starters (Gonzalez and Manning, I assume) could be really good.

I am mostly worried about the quality of the staff. The DC is mostly known as a recruiter, and the OC has a pretty mediocre track record (FSU's offense was awful last year). I can't think offhand of a young HC beating a top five team on the road in his first game. Even Chip got humiliated his first time out.
The biggest problem with FSU the past couple years has been their O-Line. They were horrible and it's hard for a QB to run the offense if he's running for his life almost every down.

I'm hoping that the talent at Oregon will help him bring his "Memphis" offense to life.
John 3:36
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

I wanted to see if this Georgia team will be worse than the 2021 Ohio State team we somehow beat, and we need to take a look at UGA's roster to see how dangerous they are.
McDawg
One Star Recruit

Post by McDawg »

DuckzRule wrote:I wanted to see if this Georgia team will be worse than the 2021 Ohio State team we somehow beat, and we need to take a look at UGA's roster to see how dangerous they are.
May or may not be dangerous, that remains to be seen. But at least here are a list of probable players you will see in the field come game day. The offense has a lot of returning starters and impact players. Solid WR corps & RB's. The OL should be very capable. The tight ends, well....weak man.
Overall I think our offense will be competitive.

The defense won't be what it was last year, but I should be at least serviceable with a few bright spots; Robert Beal and Nolan Smith are good players on the outside and there are good DB's to fill the holes if needed. Mike and Sam backers are kind of young and inexperienced. Just gonna have to grow up fast and trust in the staff.

Anyway, here's a overview of the probable players you will see gameday.

https://georgiadogs.com/sports/football/roster

** Started and was an impact player
*Played significant minutes

QB will be Bennett
2- Brock Vandagriff may be the #2 ahead of Carson Beck.

Running back by comittee
1 Kenny McIntosh-Sr**
1A Kendall Milton-RJr*
1B Daijun Edwards-RSoph
2- Branson Robinson tFrosh

^^ Only McIntosh played significant minutes last year. Milton was hurt and Edwards was a tru freshman buried on the depth chart, but still played a fair amount.

WR
Adonai (AD) Mitchell -soph**
Kearis Jackson-Sr**
Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint-Jr*
Dom Blaylock-Jr*
Ladd McConkey-Soph ( family!) **
Dillon Bell-tFresh

^^All started or played significant last year except the true freshman, but he may see the field early.

TE
Brock Bowers-Soph**
Darnell Washington-Jr**
Arik Gilbert-Soph**
Brett Seither-Jr
Oscar Delp-tFresh

^^All may see the field during the game.

OL
Warren Ericson-Sr*
Tate Ratledge-Soph
Broderick Jones-Soph**
Warren McLendon-Jr**
Amarius Mimms-Jr**
Xavier truss-Soph**
Sedrick Van Pran-Soph -good player***
Devin Willock-Soph**

^^All started some or played significant snaps last year. UGA rotates heavily on the OL

Defense

DL/DE
Jalen Carter-Jr**
Tyrion Ingram-Dawkins-RFresh*
Zion Logue-Jr*
Nazir Stacckhouse-Jr
Tramel Walthour-Sr*
Warren Brinson-Jr**
Mykel Williams-TFresh ( may or not play early)

^^Most had significant PT last year but only 88 Jalen Carter was a starter.

LB
Robert Beal-Jr**
Chaz Chambliss-Soph
Rian Davis-Jr*
Jamon Dumas-Johnson "Pops" -Soph**
Trezman Marshall-Jr*
Smael Mondon-Soph**
Nolan Smith-Sr**

DB
Dan Jackson-Jr**
Kamari Lassiter-Jr*
William Poole-Sr**
Kelee Ringo-So**
Christopher Smith-Sr**
Tykee Smith-Jr*

^^All started or played significant minutes.