#3 Georgia vs #11 Oregon (Sept. 3, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: #3 Georgia vs #11 Oregon (Sept. 3, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Post by greenyellow »

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

2 weeks! Let’s go!!!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

UGA just lost one of their Fr RB, Paul, who a lot of duck fans wanted to a torn ACL.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

We need to take a look at how much talent Georgia lost to see how much of a chance we will have against the Bulldogs.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Sounds like Mariota will be an honorary captain for the game. Edit: Georgia's honorary captain will be Willie McClendon, former UGA star and father of former Oregon WR coach Bryan McClendon.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

DuckzRule wrote:We need to take a look at how much talent Georgia lost to see how much of a chance we will have against the Bulldogs.
The guys who left don't determine how we'll play and I think people just don't know some of the Dudes that UGA still has returning.

Brock Bowers is going to be a matchup nightmare for us and will give us a great look at the coverage abilities of our LBs.

Keelee Ringo will likely shut down our WR1 and limit the passing game.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

DuckzRule wrote:We need to take a look at how much talent Georgia lost to see how much of a chance we will have against the Bulldogs.
To me Georgia is the known commodity. They'll be very much like they have been in the the past with 4 and 5 stars stepping in for the departed, some playing better than those they replace some playing worse. But their style and identity will be very similar.

Oregon is the unkown as we have an entirely new coaching staff, many who are new to their present level of assignments. Who knows what we'll see and because of the inexperience it should look different as the season moves along. I'm sure every coach hopes and believes his first game will be his worse coached game.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

It’s curious how short memories are. For a handful of years, Georgia was picked as the prettiest girl at the dance only to trip up on the dance floor. There were questions about whether Kirby could ever win a natty no matter how much talent he amassed. That’s all out the window now and he is now considered a genius - that said, could he be a one hit wonder? We’ll find out.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

What is Georgia's biggest advantage over Oregon in this game? Not talking star levels of recruits, but position vs. position?

Conversely, do we have any apparent advantage over Georgia?
Willie Taggart is a dick.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

pezsez1 wrote:What is Georgia's biggest advantage over Oregon in this game? Not talking star levels of recruits, but position vs. position?

Probably their WR/TE vs. who we will have covering them.

Could be a rough day for our OL against their DL as well, but that's also oddly enough the 1 area we might have an advantage over them with all the guys they lost. Just depends how good the new 5* kids are getting up to speed.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Their DBs versus our QB concerns me.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

StevensTechU wrote:Their DBs versus our QB concerns me.
I think we'll be diverse on offense, so that will open up opportunities. Nix will be a senior with 3 years of starting under his belt. He can be accurate, it's been his decision making that's kept him from standing out the past few years. That, plus not playing well on the road.

I read that Kenny Dillingham was making him a priority, trying to get him to stay in the pocket 10% more of the time and allow things to open up before he takes off running. The fact that he CAN run is a huge plus, though.

I expect a mix of running the ball, short to intermediate passes, some deep balls, as well as a few designed QB runs. That way they can keep the Georgia defense guessing about what's coming next.
Last edited by SuperDuck on Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
John 3:36
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

GrantDuck wrote:
pezsez1 wrote:What is Georgia's biggest advantage over Oregon in this game? Not talking star levels of recruits, but position vs. position?

Probably their WR/TE vs. who we will have covering them.

Could be a rough day for our OL against their DL as well, but that's also oddly enough the 1 area we might have an advantage over them with all the guys they lost. Just depends how good the new 5* kids are getting up to speed.
I think our O-Line will be just fine. There's a lot of experience and young talent there. I'm not saying that they'll 100% control the LOS, but they should definitely be able to hold their own, open up some running lanes and buy time for our QB.

I agree with their TE group being a challenge. We absolutely must NOT allow them to keep converting on 3rd down. Not only will it eat up time, change field position, and potentially end with more points, but they'll also gradually wear down our defense. We have to be able to get off the field on 3rd down.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

I keep reading about how loaded they are on talent, how good they are at different positions, etc, and that's all well deserved.

That said, they've also lost a LOT of starting experience and that should have some impact on them, regardless of how many stars they may have had coming out of high school.

Oregon's a good football team and I'm sure they'll be looking at as us a challenge, as well.

The QB play is still questionable, but the rest of the offense is solid across the board.

We're no slouch on defense either. They'll be seeing a lot of tape on Noah Sewell, Brandon Dorlus, Christian Gonzalez, Brian Bennett and more who are all proven players.

Of course, their last three games have been vs Michigan and Alabama (twice), so I know they won't exactly get rattled. But they should also know better than to take us lightly.

I'm looking forward to a good game (and a Ducks win!! :-) )
chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

I’m not saying it’s a game changing advantage…but Lanning knows the tendencies and strengths (and conversely the weaknesses, as of last year) of the guys on the Georgia D…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk