Hornets/Knicks

Post by Cellar-door »

Hornets Send:
Sasha Danilovic

Knicks send:
Khalid Reeves
Eddie Jones
MLE (Richard Dumas please)
FA (Dwayne Whitfeld on the 2nd year minimum if that works under the trade match, Kornel David on the vet min if it doesn't)

Dangerous to break up a team playing so well, but I have long term salary and position issues, and Brogan is getting old, rolling the dice on 2 young guys I like a lot.... helps that the Heat look like an unbeatable juggernaut this year.
Hornets GM
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: Hornets/Knicks

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Interesting that the Knicks would be looking to take on that much additional salary right now
Craig
Senior
GM: Phoenix Suns GM

Post by Craig »

Reeves may be a bit TO-prone to really be a star but I cannot believe the Hornets are getting positive value for Sasha :lol:
SUNS GM
Cellar-door
Senior
GM: Charlotte Hornets

Post by Cellar-door »

Craig wrote:Reeves may be a bit TO-prone to really be a star but I cannot believe the Hornets are getting positive value for Sasha :lol:
Feel like Sasha has gotten insanely underrated.
My fault obviously for using him as a super-sub to shore up the weaknesses of my team in Williams and Person not being position flexible (and having no backup PG I can trust)
If he was still starting at the 2 for me he'd be putting up over 20/6/3.5 easy on good percentages with low turnovers.
Maybe even more scoring if you made him a #1 option. He's one of those guys whose topline letter grades don't reflect how good his on-court performance consistently is.
Hornets GM
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

^ And C defense that would likely only get worse, not better

I personally don't really like Sasha on that contract
Cellar-door
Senior

Post by Cellar-door »

lukeyrid13 wrote:^ And C defense that would likely only get worse, not better

I personally don't really like Sasha on that contract
Maybe it gets worse, but it isn't particularly hurting, I have one of the best pace-adjusted defenses in the league, now Smits helps that, but the rest of the roster isn't a bunch of A rating defenders, that's the thing, Sasha's not killing me, and he can slot into your average lineup and not hurt it. If he can score 20+ efficiently and help in other areas he would have to get a lot worse on D for it to matter. You can always find good defensive bigs to offest mediocre wings.

I think people get too hung up on the letter grades sometimes. He gets no blocks ( I bet he has like an F equivalent in BLK) which is part of his low letter grade, and he's mediocre on steals, but he doesn't get torched either, and there is value in that. It's like the guys who have high OUT grades, but don't shoot 3s well, the letter grades are based on a lot of sub-grades, some more important than others.
Hornets GM
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

ya Danilovic is like what people falsely claimed Vlad was
Cellar-door
Senior

Post by Cellar-door »

dd10snoop28 wrote:ya Danilovic is like what people falsely claimed Vlad was
Damn, he's a future hall of famer? I probably shouldn't have traded him
Hornets GM
offtheheezy
Senior
GM: Vancouver Grizzlies

Post by offtheheezy »

Definitely like this for the Hornets -- Sasha is basically Sean Higgins at this point, bad contract
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

Accept
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Done