Pac-12/Big 10/Big 12 Realignment

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

pezsez1
All Pac-12

Re: Pac-12/Big 10/Big 12 Realignment

Post by pezsez1 »

Nevermind. Ignore this. I misread AAC as ACC.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

ACC now considering SMU along with Cal and Stanford.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/A ... media.aspx

Oomph. Show this to anyone who says that Oregon killed the conference. These numbers are actually insulting. Smart move by the networks though, because if they're sued they can say they tried to make offers. :lol:
Willie Taggart is a dick.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Duck07 wrote:
pezsez1 wrote:Re: Oregon State.

One of the most interesting talking points I've heard since last week's nuclear blast was that perhaps the Beavers would be better off in the Mountain West.

Now, I don't necessarily agree with this. The Gary Anderson era really set OSU back, and if you eliminate that then the Beavers have been Power 5-worthy over the past couple decades. They're ranked now and on an upward trajectory, not just on the field but off of it as well with recent infrastructure upgrades.

However, is Oregon State more like Oregon or Boise State? I think the answer to that question is pretty clear. I also think teams like Boise State have shown that G5 programs can build an impressive regional brand and still rise up to play with the big boys with unheralded recruits -- which is pretty much what OSU does right now.

Assuming the Beavers land in the Mountain West, I'm wondering if after a few years Beaver fans will adjust and be happier with winning more games in a more equitable conference. Or will they miss the days of being the feisty underdog and sometimes winning as the small fish in the big pond?
Boise was Peterson and OSU will suffer the same fate IF Smith leaves. poodles that are unsure of deboer are already talking about him

OS isn’t going to dominate anything. It’s fantasy land that they think they will. I’d expect a mass exodus next spring of the top players they have now if/when they go into the MWC.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

greenyellow wrote:ACC now considering SMU along with Cal and Stanford.
Ik it's extremely unlikely but I wonder what would happen if the ACC also took Oregon State and Washington State alongside Cal, Stanford and SMU, but I know they won't take ALL of them.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

ACC has to be wetting themselves after seeing the PAC fall apart. If their respective TV deals were on different timelines, I think we could easily have seen FSU, UNC, Clemson and Miami in the Big Ten and the ACC being essentially defunct.

I'm really enjoying (sarcasm) these Southeastern Conference representatives crying about the Pac-12 falling apart, as if they haven't been instrumental to stacking the odds against it for years. I wish I had enough F U's to give all of those people deserving of them. Finebaum and Sankey toward the top of the list.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

The more that comes out, the more it makes sense why the Apple+ deal was a non-starter.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

greenyellow wrote:
Big oof
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Sort of interesting how these conference implosions go. The schools that know they have options outside the conference vote against measures that the conference as a whole is trying to take to get stronger as a conference. Then they turn around a year or two later and blame the conference for not taking measures to save the conference as they are heading out the door, which is likely what they planned to do anyway. Seems like they know they have the power to destroy the conference and they don't want to lose that leverage.
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

Those schools are being reasonable though. What is there to gain by traveling across the country to play cal/stanford? It's just massive headache for no gain. Imagine losing to cal and then having to travel for another 8 hours with your depressed teammates. I'm just grateful the Big10 teams that have to travel to Oregon/LA are willing to overlook this.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

ducks5ever wrote:Those schools are being reasonable though. What is there to gain by traveling across the country to play cal/stanford? It's just massive headache for no gain. Imagine losing to cal and then having to travel for another 8 hours with your depressed teammates. I'm just grateful the Big10 teams that have to travel to Oregon/LA are willing to overlook this.
8 hours to get across country?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

lmduck wrote:
ducks5ever wrote:Those schools are being reasonable though. What is there to gain by traveling across the country to play cal/stanford? It's just massive headache for no gain. Imagine losing to cal and then having to travel for another 8 hours with your depressed teammates. I'm just grateful the Big10 teams that have to travel to Oregon/LA are willing to overlook this.
8 hours to get across country?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
More like 6 hours as the longest trip would be from the Bay Area to Miami in the AAC.