Pac-12/Big 10/Big 12 Realignment

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Re: Oh no...LA schools looking to leave for Big 10

Post by DuckzRule »

This has nothing to do with us, but apparently Utah, Colorado and the two Arizona schools are gonna have a meeting with the Big 12 tomorrow, which may mean we won't go with them to that horrid conference. Also, if we join the Big 10, the home and homes against Michigan State and Ohio State will be cancelled, in the later's case, hopefully it's replaced with an Alabama series, they will be cancelling an Oklahoma series in the same dates the Oregon vs. Ohio State series was gonna be played (2032 and 2033)
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

nogerO wrote:Possible BIG conference. 4 divisions?

West
UCLA
USC
Oregon
Wash
Stanford

Midwest
Neb
Iowa
Wisc
Minn
NW

Great Lakes
Mich
Mich St
Ohio St
Illinois
Indiana

East
Penn St
Rutgers
Maryland
Purdue
Notre Dame
If these predictions become true, then these are my most anticipated matchups.

Ohio State vs Oregon in Eugene.
Oregon vs Notre Dame.
Oregon vs Penn State.
Oregon vs Indiana in Bloomington (they owe us a game there ever since 2005)
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

It will be nice for aOSU to not be able to get out of a trip to Eugene.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

I'm losing so many braincells trying to keep myself updated with news about this, because of the amount of stupid Oregon haters that keep pestering us for no reason.

Most of them are USC fanboys and they are the sole reason on why I hate that program more than any other.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

DuckzRule wrote:This has nothing to do with us, but apparently Utah, Colorado and the two Arizona schools are gonna have a meeting with the Big 12 tomorrow, which may mean we won't go with them to that horrid conference. Also, if we join the Big 10, the home and homes against Michigan State and Ohio State will be cancelled, in the later's case, hopefully it's replaced with an Alabama series, they will be cancelling an Oklahoma series in the same dates the Oregon vs. Ohio State series was gonna be played (2032 and 2033)
I wonder where that will leave the Beavers and Cougars? Mountain west? Yes I care
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

greenyellow wrote:This guy is a decent source for Big 12 scoops as he called the UT/OU move and then who they added later. The Maryland insider who said ND and Oregon were next to join the Big Ten is basically saying the Pac-12 is about to gone soon.
The same dude is now saying Notre Dame is leaning towards joining the Big Ten, which would be huge for them, us and Washington.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

Alan wrote:
DuckzRule wrote:This has nothing to do with us, but apparently Utah, Colorado and the two Arizona schools are gonna have a meeting with the Big 12 tomorrow, which may mean we won't go with them to that horrid conference. Also, if we join the Big 10, the home and homes against Michigan State and Ohio State will be cancelled, in the later's case, hopefully it's replaced with an Alabama series, they will be cancelling an Oklahoma series in the same dates the Oregon vs. Ohio State series was gonna be played (2032 and 2033)
I wonder where that will leave the Beavers and Cougars? Mountain west? Yes I care
Well can't wait for bigger programs to bully the ever living **** out of Oregon State in one-off meetings.

Sorry for that message but I absolutely hate the Beavers' fandom.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Alan wrote:
UW - B1G
WSU - Mountain West

Oregon - B1G
OSU - Mountain West

Cal - Mountain West
Stanford - B1G

Arizona - Big 12
Arizona State - Big 12

Utah - Big 12
Colorado - Big 12

It's possible a version of a New Pac comes out of this that merges with the Big 12 and possibly absorbs on a SD State/Fresno State/Boise State but the TV$ is going to pale in comparison to not even suggest its part of the big group. OSU and WSU are going to get screwed unless Oregon tries to save the Conference and that doesn't appear to be happening at all.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Forbes 2019 - CFB Most Valuable programs https://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmith ... 03a802a2e7

#14 Oregon
3 year avg Revenue - 96 Million
3 year avg Profit - 56 Million

#18 USC
3 year avg Revenue - 93 Million
3 year avg Profit - 52 Million

#19 UW
3 year avg Revenue - 92 Million
3 year avg Profit - 43 Million

Oregon would trail #3 Michigan, #5 Ohio State and #13 Penn State and rank 4th in the new B1G.
frogsnouts
Three Star Recruit

Post by frogsnouts »

nogerO wrote:Possible BIG conference. 4 divisions?

West
UCLA
USC
Oregon
Wash
Stanford

Midwest
Neb
Iowa
Wisc
Minn
NW

Great Lakes
Mich
Mich St
Ohio St
Illinois
Indiana

East
Penn St
Rutgers
Maryland
Purdue
Notre Dame
This has to be the dream scenario, along with scheduling Oregon State as a nonconference game every year for each sport (do 2 games in basketball maybe?). Maintains 5/9 of the old Pac-10 games, and really does losing Cal, WSU and the Arizonas in exchange for games every 3 years with Michigan, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Penn State, and Notre Dame sound that bad? Sure we get some Rutgers, Indiana, and Northwestern in there too.

Idk, at the end of the day if conference shatters in likely 3 different directions, but we could keep 5/9 of the old Pac-10 games including the most prominent rivals, I think that's gotta be considered a win.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

DuckzRule wrote:Also new bad rumors, there's apparently some people are claiming UO and UW will get to the Big 12.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, NO!

The Big 12 is a crappy conference and the fact we would have to deal with bad teams like Kansas will be horrible
To this day I don't know what is UO's obsession with the Big 12, they literally scheduled 3 consecutive home and home series against Big 12 teams, I really don't wanna see Oregon playing more teams from there, 3 are enough, at least Big Ten games are more fun.
lmduck

Oh no...LA schools looking to leave for Big 10

Post by lmduck »

DuckzRule wrote:I'm losing so many braincells trying to keep myself updated with news about this, because of the amount of stupid Oregon haters that keep pestering us for no reason.

Most of them are USC fanboys and they are the sole reason on why I hate that program more than any other.
Pay no attention to them. Makes no sense to work yourself into a frenzy over this. None of us have a say in this and these USC fanboys are accomplishing their objective, which is too get you to read their stuff and get all riled up over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by lmduck on Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

lmduck wrote:
DuckzRule wrote:I'm losing so many braincells trying to keep myself updated with news about this, because of the amount of stupid Oregon haters that keep pestering us for no reason.

Pay no attention to them. Makes no sense to work yourself into a frenzy over this. None of us have a say in this and these USC fanboys are accomplishing their objective, which is too get you you read their stuff and get all riled up over it.

Thanks for the tip, I will ignore them.

Anyways, since the Arizona and Mountain schools are gonna have the meeting with the Big 12 tomorrow, when do you think they will enter there? And most importantly, which will be the date we get an official announcement from UO about their intentions?
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

DuckzRule wrote:
lmduck wrote:

Pay no attention to them. Makes no sense to work yourself into a frenzy over this. None of us have a say in this and these USC fanboys are accomplishing their objective, which is too get you you read their stuff and get all riled up over it.

Thanks for the tip, I will ignore them.

Anyways, since the Arizona and Mountain schools are gonna have the meeting with the Big 12 tomorrow, when do you think they will enter there? And most importantly, which will be the date we get an official announcement from UO about their intentions?
No one knows. You are basing this off of stuff your are reading on Twitter. As I said in a previous post, having worked in the AD in the past there are VERY FEW - maybe 4-5 people and one of those is Mullens and one is Schill ,who knows what Oregon's next move is. Rumors of Az and others talking to the B12 are just that, rumors.

Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Duck07 wrote:
Alan wrote:
UW - B1G
WSU - Mountain West

Oregon - B1G
OSU - Mountain West

Cal - Mountain West
Stanford - B1G

Arizona - Big 12
Arizona State - Big 12

Utah - Big 12
Colorado - Big 12

It's possible a version of a New Pac comes out of this that merges with the Big 12 and possibly absorbs on a SD State/Fresno State/Boise State but the TV$ is going to pale in comparison to not even suggest its part of the big group. OSU and WSU are going to get screwed unless Oregon tries to save the Conference and that doesn't appear to be happening at all.
Thanks makes sense, I hate to see the down grade for the Beavs and cougs, thank you Larry Scott!