Page 1 of 2
Positions of need
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:24 am
by jimmy12
What's left...
I would say DB, S and OL
Re: Positions of need
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:40 am
by greenyellow
I'd say LB, OL, and maybe CB.
Re: Positions of need
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:50 am
by Quietduck
d LINE BIG
Re: Positions of need
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:53 am
by Duck07
ILB, OT, and you never turn down a quality CB prospect.
Its a pretty solid class right now and I'm not sure how many more splashes we can really make as I think a lot of focus is on 2024 and that the Transfer Portal will giveth and taketh in the off-season.
Re: Positions of need
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:32 am
by lukeyrid13
OL is the main position of need
The rest are fairly well filled
OL actually is fine for the next couple of seasons with (JPJ, Conerly, Iuli, Rogers, Harper, Jaramillio etc) but we will need depth for 3-4 years from now
Re: Positions of need
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:25 pm
by RanDux
How many more can we take? And who are our main targets?
Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
Re: Positions of need
Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:14 pm
by buckmarkduck
Quietduck wrote:d LINE BIG
Don’t we have 4 DL recruits, including the top DL on the west coast in Washington? I’d like another OLB, 2-3 OL. I like the two CB we got, Presley and coach Meats son both look really good.
Re: Positions of need
Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:47 pm
by Quietduck
edge rushers no high level space eaters
Re: Positions of need
Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:26 pm
by buckmarkduck
Quietduck wrote:edge rushers no high level space eaters
I know it’s Oregon HS. But I’ve heard Tuioti has been tearing it up at Sheldon. Good shot at being a 4*.
Re: Positions of need
Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:50 pm
by greenyellow
buckmarkduck wrote:Quietduck wrote:edge rushers no high level space eaters
I know it’s Oregon HS. But I’ve heard Tuioti has been tearing it up at Sheldon. Good shot at being a 4*.
He's already a 4* in 247 Sports' own player rankings but not yet the composite rankings.
Re: Positions of need
Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:09 pm
by StevensTechU
Just gonna chime in to say I think, as a policy, you hold 5 projected scholarships for transfers. It's super hard to say the exact number, but that's probably a safe figure.
Re: Positions of need
Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:48 am
by SuperDuck
StevensTechU wrote:Just gonna chime in to say I think, as a policy, you hold 5 projected scholarships for transfers. It's super hard to say the exact number, but that's probably a safe figure.
This^^^^
Also, should we expect another QB transfer next year? I thought Bo Nix was just going to play one season?
I hate to say it, but I just haven't seen Ty Thompson do enough in his limited time to make me think he's ever going to be a Pac-12 level QB, at least not at Oregon. I expect him and maybe Butterfield to both be in the portal next year, unless they can make major strides between now and then.
Re: Positions of need
Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:47 am
by OregonFan4Life
Quietduck wrote:edge rushers no high level space eaters
I’d bet on Oregon landing Matayo Uiagalelei.
Re: Positions of need
Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:39 am
by jimmy12
OregonFan4Life wrote:Quietduck wrote:edge rushers no high level space eaters
I’d bet on Oregon landing Matayo Uiagalelei.
Is he an edge? He's pretty big and not getting smaller.
Re: Positions of need
Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:04 am
by OregonFan4Life
jimmy12 wrote:OregonFan4Life wrote:Quietduck wrote:edge rushers no high level space eaters
I’d bet on Oregon landing Matayo Uiagalelei.
Is he an edge? He's pretty big and not getting smaller.
He’s listed as an edge and he has the athletic ability to play edge, I think he also plays WR on his high school team. Great combo of size, strength, speed, and agility.