Post by pistolpetejr »

Clippers send:

Clarence Weatherspoon
Isaiah Rider

Spurs send:

Tom Gugliotta
Bo Outlaw

Accept.

Edit: Forgot to add that this is to be processed after my trade with Lakers, aka after FA. (I mean id think it obvious as I don’t officially have the pieces im trading yet)
Last edited by pistolpetejr on Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---

PistolPeteJR
Goose!
Five Star Recruit

Re: Clippers/Spurs

Post by Goose! »

Accept.

Market for Googs was a little drier than expected. Had some solid offers but unfortunately contracts on some players were expensive, which could put cap at jeopardy several season from now, and I was worried to be stuck with a contract like that. That combined with some weak GMs didn't want to improve their team for some reason...

I get an expiring in Weatherspoon. And we'll see what I can do with Rider, although he doesn't exactly fit in my team's timeline.
Craig
Senior
GM: Phoenix Suns GM

Post by Craig »

uh...what?

Need some picks going to Spurs lol
SUNS GM
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Yeah, the Clippers easily win this trade
pistolpetejr
Senior
GM: Los Angeles Clippers

Post by pistolpetejr »

Oh and as per my discussion with Spurs, to be processed after my trade with Lakers, aka after FA. (I mean id think it obvious as I don’t officially have the pieces im trading yet)

Edited OP to reflect this so as to not render this confusing.
---

PistolPeteJR
Goose!
Five Star Recruit

Post by Goose! »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Yeah, the Clippers easily win this trade
Yeah, very easily.
vincent1469
Five Star Recruit
GM: Seattle Supersonics

Post by vincent1469 »

I mean. We have nearly a week before the season starts. Could have waited a little longer tbh. Especially if you admitting to losing the deal.
Goose!
Five Star Recruit

Post by Goose! »

Not much of a market for Googs as mentioned prior. I’m only going with Clips offer because Clarence is an expiring, and while Isaiah has a longer contract than I like, it isn’t as expensive/long as some of the other contracts offered by other teams.Definitely not a good offer, but at least it satisfies a couple of things that other offers I’ve received didn’t have. I also wanted to get rid of Googs/Bo before the season started so that we don’t win as much.

Ok if it gets voided if people aren’t happy.
offtheheezy
Senior
GM: Vancouver Grizzlies

Post by offtheheezy »

Gathers and a 1st for Gugliotta and Outlaw. Nice.
jibbajabba614
Senior
GM: Milwaukee Bucks GM

Post by jibbajabba614 »

Would of loved to take on Googs but trading Higgins means not being able to resign Peja.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

sheesh kabobs
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Goose! wrote:Not much of a market for Googs as mentioned prior. I’m only going with Clips offer because Clarence is an expiring, and while Isaiah has a longer contract than I like, it isn’t as expensive/long as some of the other contracts offered by other teams.Definitely not a good offer, but at least it satisfies a couple of things that other offers I’ve received didn’t have. I also wanted to get rid of Googs/Bo before the season started so that we don’t win as much.

So you're saying no one would offer expirings and a 1st for Gugs and no one would offer expirings and a 1st for Bo?

I have a hard time seeing that.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
pistolpetejr
Senior
GM: Los Angeles Clippers

Post by pistolpetejr »

Sometimes that's how the cookie crumbles. You win some, you lose some, you break even on some.
---

PistolPeteJR
Goose!
Five Star Recruit

Post by Goose! »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Goose! wrote:Not much of a market for Googs as mentioned prior. I’m only going with Clips offer because Clarence is an expiring, and while Isaiah has a longer contract than I like, it isn’t as expensive/long as some of the other contracts offered by other teams.Definitely not a good offer, but at least it satisfies a couple of things that other offers I’ve received didn’t have. I also wanted to get rid of Googs/Bo before the season started so that we don’t win as much.

So you're saying no one would offer expirings and a 1st for Gugs and no one would offer expirings and a 1st for Bo?

I have a hard time seeing that.
Yes, all 3 or 4 offers I got for Googs had no expirings. Some long, some not so long, expensive contracts. I reached out to a few teams like the Jazz and Pacers for a expiring + pick for Googs, but they had no interest.
Bo did have expirings and picks, which I wanted to do, but pete wouldn’t trade for Googs without Bo. So I was backed in to a corner with that.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Personally, I would have traded Bo for picks and expirings, and Googs for mostly expirings. But I get it, market sucks. Inflation!!! ;p

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13