#24 Washington @ #6 Oregon (Nov. 12, Sat 4 PM Fox)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Re: #24 Washington @ #6 Oregon (Nov. 12, Sat 4 PM Fox)

Post by alxtw »

I do not see us beating utah, a better team than washington, without a relatively healthy nix. Thompson just sucks the life out of the offense when ever he steps in, even when he hasnt made a mistake.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Simply outcoached/outexecuted tonight.

Dilly's 3rd and 5 playcall changed all the momentum late and got Nix hurt. UW called timeout and knew it was coming from the same formation as earlier in the game.

Tosh/Lanning have been bad all season with the secondary.

Special teams missed a FG and kicked 2 KO's OOB.

Penix was good enough to punish us for our mistakes.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

alxtw wrote:I do not see us beating utah, a better team than washington, without a relatively healthy nix. Thompson just sucks the life out of the offense when ever he steps in, even when he hasnt made a mistake.
He can't even do basic stuff like hand the ball off right and catch the snap. Huge arm, but opposite of a gamer.
DuckBomb2
One Star Recruit

Post by DuckBomb2 »

GrantDuck wrote:Simply outcoached/outexecuted tonight.

Dilly's 3rd and 5 playcall changed all the momentum late and got Nix hurt. UW called timeout and knew it was coming from the same formation as earlier in the game.

Absolutely. However, it's always hard to call a perfect game. ... And that's pretty much what UW did on offense. I think the story here is our pass defense giving up 400 yards.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

QuackininBama wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
QuackininBama wrote:Lannings first game with our most hated rival not only ends in a loss, but puts us out of the playoff conversation. Welcome to Oregon Lanning and f*** YOU.
Grow up.
Yes guys, we just lost to Washington but HEY, ITS BEEN A GREAT YEAR and I only hope for positive things in the future and thanks for a great year all!!!! Its been so terrific its hard to control my emotions for the future!!!
Hence, grow up.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

QuackininBama wrote:
ducksrock wrote:How old are you? Time to grow up? Yeah, it is...
Since you asked, 52, and eat a bag of dicks, we just lost to Washington. Are you seriously telling me you are cool with this? If you are, then I am to old because this was NEVER acceptable when I was growing up.

Admin, I will happily take my ban for being pissed as hell that everyone here is just fine with the huskies beating us.
When you were growing up:

GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Waiting for StevensTechU:

Why oh why is the pass defense so garbage? That was probably Dilly’s worst called game of his short career and Lanning some silly mistakes. Like I said all along if the offense makes dumb mistakes we cannot rely on this defense. Our safeties have 0 field awareness and it showed on that last TD that should’ve been a pick. So please, someone that knows more football, why is this defense so atrocious? They’re not just bad, they’re all time bad. Do we have average athletes with low IQ? Is our defensive coaching staff not good? Please don’t give me the “oh they’re learning” excuse, this defense should be better by now, something is very wrong, what is it?
Dilly had a poor game for sure. The 3rd and 5 playcall after the timeout, when UW knew the fucking play was QB draw and he still stuck with it cost us the game.

As far as the defense it's 2 things. 1. Tosh Lupoi is a meathead. Always has been. Bama kept him for recruiting, but Saban called the defense half way through the season and kicked him off play calling for a reason. 2. We missed a lot of recruits at the edge position under Mario after KT. Without a pass rush, scheme mistakes get exposed a lot quicker.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

DuckBomb2 wrote:
GrantDuck wrote:Simply outcoached/outexecuted tonight.

Absolutely. However, it's always hard to call a perfect game. ... And that's pretty much what UW did on offense. I think the story here is our pass defense giving up 400 yards.
It's a very good point. Dilly whiffed a couple play calls, but our defense gave him no margin for error. The 3rd and 5 was just so bad it will take awhile for me to get over.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Waiting for StevensTechU:

Why oh why is the pass defense so garbage? That was probably Dilly’s worst called game of his short career and Lanning some silly mistakes. Like I said all along if the offense makes dumb mistakes we cannot rely on this defense. Our safeties have 0 field awareness and it showed on that last TD that should’ve been a pick. So please, someone that knows more football, why is this defense so atrocious? They’re not just bad, they’re all time bad. Do we have average athletes with low IQ? Is our defensive coaching staff not good? Please don’t give me the “oh they’re learning” excuse, this defense should be better by now, something is very wrong, what is it?
Almost all the guys on defense are not lanning recruited guys. They are cmc guys. First year in lannings defensive system too. I hope we are a much better defense by lannings year 3, when his recruits will make up most of the defense.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

The problem wasn't the 3rd and 5, it was the errant snap on 2nd down. Should have been 3rd and 1 just like the rest of the drive.

Tough loss. Sucks to lose to the Huskies. But it's a game and life goes on. Still a ton to play for.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
GDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by GDuck »

pezsez1 wrote:The problem wasn't the 3rd and 5, it was the errant snap on 2nd down. Should have been 3rd and 1 just like the rest of the drive.

Tough loss. Sucks to lose to the Huskies. But it's a game and life goes on. Still a ton to play for.
Forsyth was injured and probably should’ve been removed sooner. Had to play into the bad snap.

The 3rd and 5 play was going to fail. Everyone knew what was going to happen and W calls timeout.

4th down in our own territory and Forsyth hurt and offense movement with Ty was just slow and uninspired.
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

#24 Washington @ #6 Oregon (Nov. 12, Sat 4 PM Fox)

Post by whosyourwally »

*Ramble warning*

The more I think about the series with Thompson, the more I question why the coaches couldn’t call a WR screen or something — anything— to keep the D honest on first or second down. If Thompson/Butters can’t even be trusted with a screen, then we ought to turn to a walk-on or a fan in the stands….
And there’s just no way TT and Butterfield, as D1 athletes, could be that bad. More than the dive with Nix was a terrible call, not throwing a screen was playing to lose. I LOVE Dilly, and this loss is 99% on the D, but I’m really disappointed he didn’t seal the win when It was there for us.

I trust these coaches as much as I trusted Kelly in 2007. Maybe this was our 2007 Cal game.
Once we get Lanning’s guys in, we’re set up for a hell of a run. Just sucks we have to wait another year or two.

Beat OSU/Michigan in the Rose and call it a season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OfaFeather
Two Star Recruit

Post by OfaFeather »

Oregon has been lucky that certain plays have bounced their way this year, that didn’t happen this game. Plus Nix seemed off for most of the game, and the the team really couldn’t establish a rhythm.

That combined with that 3 and 2 garbage call, a not great performance from 71 (3 bad penalties), not getting that Gonzo interception reviewed, TT sucking the life out of the offense, and some questionable penalties from yet another stellar Pac12 officiating crew resulted in what we saw…but still had a better than expected year.

With the injuries, I see a loss to Utah next week, then a possible loss to OSU…but hopefully can pull that one off.

No Pac12 championship game this year, but a possible Holiday Bowl showing.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Ty T is an energy suck. The team deflates every time he is in the game.
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

rockthief wrote:Ty T is an energy suck. The team deflates every time he is in the game.
X10...Not the future of Oregon Football