Civil War: #10 Oregon @ #22 OSU (Nov. 26, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duck58
Four Star Recruit

Re: Civil War: #10 Oregon @ #22 OSU (Nov. 26, Sat 12:30 PM A

Post by duck58 »

greenyellow wrote:
Bud Lee wrote:Today sucks :cry:

It all had to happen so USC could defeat Utah in the PAC-12? championship game
and make the playoffs.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

https://www.addictedtoquack.com/2022/11 ... egon-state

“Defensively, the Ducks knew the Beavs would be running exclusively and somehow this information made their performance worse than the first part of the game, worse than their season-long strength at stopping the run indicated, and worse than even the performance of the Beavs’ excellent running back (who missed part of the game and was backed up by one guy we hadn’t seen in weeks and another who only had garbage time carries) would have predicted.”

Ouch.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Listened to QB11’s podcast today, usually he’s very positive, heck he was positive after the Georgia beat down, but he was very negative after this one. Accused the defense of quitting once up 21, which we all saw was the case. Per usual he’s worth listening to.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Listened to QB11’s podcast today, usually he’s very positive, heck he was positive after the Georgia beat down, but he was very negative after this one. Accused the defense of quitting once up 21, which we all saw was the case. Per usual he’s worth listening to.
I would agree with that.

I was in the extreme minority, but I remember coming out of the Georgia game feeling good about our team, especially the offense. Defense was another story.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Listened to QB11’s podcast today, usually he’s very positive, heck he was positive after the Georgia beat down, but he was very negative after this one. Accused the defense of quitting once up 21, which we all saw was the case. Per usual he’s worth listening to.
I don't think anyone would disagree with that conclusion.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

All season we've seen this team fights hard in close games but lets the foot off the gas when up big. I do wonder if the starters were trying to preserve their bodies and energy and prevent injuries in preparation for next week's big game against USC.

Its very tough to turn it back on when you find out you need to again when the ST had a monumental meltdown.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

The fact that taking their foot off the gas and letting teams back in the game so easily was a trend with this team, coupled with the major collapse last season, is another reason I have a hard time blaming a first year staff.

The team culture wasn’t terrible but obviously wasn’t great either. This years success had everything to do with the transfers we brought in; the more new blood we get into the program the better
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:The fact that taking their foot off the gas and letting teams back in the game so easily was a trend with this team, coupled with the major collapse last season, is another reason I have a hard time blaming a first year staff.

The team culture wasn’t terrible but obviously wasn’t great either. This years success had everything to do with the transfers we brought in; the more new blood we get into the program the better
Lanning and Co did a lot to get the culture shifted and did a pretty admirable job in a short time IMO. These things don't happen overnight and sometimes the best way to really change them is to have some adversity and they certainly did last Saturday.

I am 100% confident Dan knows the issues very well and the upside is unlike his predecessor he will seek input and guidance. I don't sense he is an 'I know everything' guy.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

Osu dominated the big bad physical SEC team, florida. Its impressive what they re doing with a bunch of nr-2 and three star players.
chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

alxtw wrote:Osu dominated the big bad physical SEC team, florida. Its impressive what they re doing with a bunch of nr-2 and three star players.
To be fair, it was kinda the Florida JV team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

chapelhillduck wrote:
alxtw wrote:Osu dominated the big bad physical SEC team, florida. Its impressive what they re doing with a bunch of nr-2 and three star players.
To be fair, it was kinda the Florida JV team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And they weren’t trying. The beavs are the guy who shows up to a pick game where everyone’s going half speed and plays like his life is on the line.

They try hard when no one cares and actually think they’re great because of it ha.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Beavers are a top 20 team, and Florida is not. Beavers were winning this game no matter who was on the field, though perhaps less resoundingly.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

StevensTechU wrote:Beavers are a top 20 team, and Florida is not. Beavers were winning this game no matter who was on the field, though perhaps less resoundingly.
Ya never know. I hate to say it, but Florida did beat the PAC-12 champs. Obviously completely different time of year and they were at home against Utah as opposed to neutral site, but they had enough talent to beat the Beavers. There’s just nothing you can take away from these games.
Last edited by droop10 on Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

StevensTechU wrote:Beavers are a top 20 team, and Florida is not. Beavers were winning this game no matter who was on the field, though perhaps less resoundingly.
W/o Anthony Richardson yes, with him they entire attitude around that team likely changes.

10 years from now it will just be a Beaver beat-down against the Gators, people won't be bringing up these things which is why winning your bowl game should still matter.