2023 Transfer Portal

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

Post by buckmarkduck »

StevensTechU wrote:I'm still confused by the Connor Soelle transfer. I don't see how that's worth a scholarship. Primarily a special teams player at ASU. Still doesn't feel like the defensive backfield is being adequately addressed.

I won’t be shocked if he is used as a hybrid safety role.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

buckmarkduck wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:I'm still confused by the Connor Soelle transfer. I don't see how that's worth a scholarship. Primarily a special teams player at ASU. Still doesn't feel like the defensive backfield is being adequately addressed.

That's what I thought we would go after Evan Williams for.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

StevensTechU wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:

That's what I thought we would go after Evan Williams for.

I’m not sure. I think Evan is more versatile than his brother. He can probably be on the field with Soelle, given being better in coverage than big brother.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Williams is a duck!!!! Defense is getting a face lift.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

buckmarkduck wrote:Williams is a duck!!!! Defense is getting a face lift.
A much needed facelift.

When DL interviewed for the job he knew his 'Achilles heel' so to speak would be the defense. He had limited time in last years recruiting cycle to sort it out due to having to save as much of the recruiting class as he could. Looks like he is well on his way now revamping things.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Wow, Husky legacy five-star QB Sam Huard enters the portal. Funny to think about how we anticipated battles between him and Ty Thompson when they first signed.
Wildcat-Duck
One Star Recruit

Post by Wildcat-Duck »

Phalanx wrote:Wow, Husky legacy five-star QB Sam Huard enters the portal. Funny to think about how we anticipated battles between him and Ty Thompson when they first signed.
Husky fans saying he will transfer for one season to get playing time, then transfer back to Washington and play the rest of his career there. As if he is just transferring in order to get more experience to make him a better UW quarterback in the future. Ha Ha, not sure I have ever seen that kind of delusion before.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Wildcat-Duck wrote:
Phalanx wrote:Wow, Husky legacy five-star QB Sam Huard enters the portal. Funny to think about how we anticipated battles between him and Ty Thompson when they first signed.
Husky fans saying he will transfer for one season to get playing time, then transfer back to Washington and play the rest of his career there. As if he is just transferring in order to get more experience to make him a better UW quarterback in the future. Ha Ha, not sure I have ever seen that kind of delusion before.
Well, how about this, would you watch the JV Oregon team play the JV SEC/B1G team?
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Wildcat-Duck wrote:
Isn't that pretty much what Germie Bernard did? Anything is possible, I guess.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

Phalanx wrote:
Wildcat-Duck wrote:
Isn't that pretty much what Germie Bernard did? Anything is possible, I guess.
Not quite. Bernard signed with Michigan St. out of high school. I believe he had previously been committed to UW, but never went there. I believe the rule about not having to sit out only applies to the first transfer, so I'm not sure Huard would be guaranteed immediate eligibility if he tried to employ this strategy.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Yeah, I was not being precise. He actually signed an NLI with Washington and then backed out of it to go to Michigan State. Now, after playing one year for Sparty, he is back at UW. So pretty similar deal to the one Husky fans are hoping will happen with Huard, except I agree, there might be more red tape involved with a second official transfer. It seems improbable that Huard intends to execute that plan, but stranger things have happened.
duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

Wildcat-Duck wrote:
Seemed to work at Georgia.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Now are people ready to admit we will have a very good DL?
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

buckmarkduck wrote:Now are people ready to admit we will have a very good DL?
Dan's plan all along!
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

buckmarkduck wrote:Now are people ready to admit we will have a very good DL?
This is such a huge land for Lanning! This is equivalent to getting a high 5 star recruit, maybe even better. Nobody is utilizing the transfer portal better than Lanning this year, it’s clear he understands the modern ways of college football and how to adjust to it.