2023 Transfer Portal

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

HomeSickDuck
Three Star Recruit

Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

Post by HomeSickDuck »

lmduck wrote:
HomeSickDuck wrote:There’s some talk on twitter that Jahlil Florence is going to transfer.
Wasn't he the prized recruit from San Diego?
Yes, a cornerback. Someone said he was on instagram live with Thornton and McGee and Florence implied he was leaving as well, so take it with a grain of salt. He did recently like a post from Lincoln Riley.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

lmduck wrote:
HomeSickDuck wrote:There’s some talk on twitter that Jahlil Florence is going to transfer.
He was. He was supposedly in some IG or Twitter thread with Dont'e, Cardwell, Seven, and a few other guys who are viewed as potential transfers.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

HomeSickDuck wrote:
lmduck wrote:
Yes, a cornerback. Someone said he was on instagram live with Thornton and McGee and Florence implied he was leaving as well, so take it with a grain of salt. He did recently like a post from Lincoln Riley.
My recollection is he chose Oregon over SC so he may now think he has more options there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I have a feeling Lanning has and will encourage some guys to transfer especially on defense and he will be hitting the portal hard and will bring in quite a few guys. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a very different defensive roster next year. Most of them weren’t Lanning’s guys and after the effort against OSU I don’t think he’ll be too worried about displaying that with how he goes after the transfer portal.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Just off the top of my head we benefited greatly from the Portal from who we lost to who we gained.

It also seemed like Pittman, Dye and Ashford all benefitted from their decisions as well.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Duck07 wrote:Just off the top of my head we benefited greatly from the Portal from who we lost to who we gained.

It also seemed like Pittman, Dye and Ashford all benefitted from their decisions as well.
Add Benson to that. Big year at FSU (2nd team All ACC), would likely have barely seen the field at Oregon.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

GrandpaDuck wrote:
Duck07 wrote:Just off the top of my head we benefited greatly from the Portal from who we lost to who we gained.

Add Benson to that. Big year at FSU (2nd team All ACC), would likely have barely seen the field at Oregon.
Much better than I expected of him. He's got ideal measurables, but I thought he ran soft and not a lot of elusiveness. Happy to see he's breaking out.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Pittman/Dye have equivalent/worse stats than with Oregon.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

dd10snoop28 wrote:

Pittman/Dye have equivalent/worse stats than with Oregon.
For Dye, it doesn’t matter. Transferring to SC gave him a bigger platform, and the league already knew what he did at UO. It was a very smart move on his part.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I wonder if Coach Meat will look to go after him.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Alabama WRs Christian Leary and Traeshon Holden have entered the portal. Oregon was considered heavily by Holden out of HS.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

lmduck wrote:
HomeSickDuck wrote:
lmduck wrote:
My recollection is he chose Oregon over SC so he may now think he has more options there

Spoke to someone who thinks at this moment that Florence will not go anywhere. Of course we know things can spin on a dime but this person seemed to think people read too much into his tweet or IG post (whatever it was).
HomeSickDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by HomeSickDuck »

lmduck wrote:
lmduck wrote:
HomeSickDuck wrote:
lmduck wrote:

Spoke to someone who thinks at this moment that Florence will not go anywhere. Of course we know things can spin on a dime but this person seemed to think people read too much into his tweet or IG post (whatever it was).
Good to hear. In the little run he got this year, he looked to have a lot of potential.
HomeSickDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by HomeSickDuck »

Butterfield just announced he’s going into the transfer portal.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »