2023 Transfer Portal

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

Post by lmduck »

HomeSickDuck wrote:Butterfield just announced he’s going into the transfer portal.
Not too surprising- wish him the best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HomeSickDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by HomeSickDuck »

Somewhat related, but I wonder if there is any reason why we have not heard an announcement from Bo on his intentions. It was thought he’d declare after this year, but I wonder if he’s exploring the option of coming back for another year.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

The big worry right now is if both Ty and Jay enter the transfer portal and then Nix skips the bowl game, which would leave the Ducks without a scholarship QB for their bowl game.
webfoots2001
Two Star Recruit

Post by webfoots2001 »

greenyellow wrote:The big worry right now is if both Ty and Jay enter the transfer portal and then Nix skips the bowl game, which would leave the Ducks without a scholarship QB for their bowl game.
Being in the portal doesn’t remove them from the roster.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

webfoots2001 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:The big worry right now is if both Ty and Jay enter the transfer portal and then Nix skips the bowl game, which would leave the Ducks without a scholarship QB for their bowl game.
Being in the portal doesn’t remove them from the roster.
If they intend to transfer they ain’t playing in a meaningless game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
webfoots2001
Two Star Recruit

Post by webfoots2001 »

If they want to try to earn a spot on another team I’m pretty sure they love the chance
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

After the OS game Bo said there was more football to be played. Was that lip service, maybe.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

lmduck wrote:
After the OS game Bo said there was more football to be played. Was that lip service, maybe.
You just never know these days, especially with Dillingham now gone.
betty white
Two Star Recruit

Post by betty white »

Bye Bye Butters…

Sad we never really got to see what he could do.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

This probably won't be a popular opinion but, the damage of the Cristobal regime definitely showed this year. That includes lack of QB development, failures in defensive line recruiting and in some areas bad coaching that was manifested by bad habits and poor development, i.e. the linebackers and DBs. Not casting aspersions on the players specifically but it's clear MC could recruit but could not develop and coach the talent he brought in.

There was a reason Saban stripped him of his assistant head coach titles at Alabama and just have him the o-line.

Please don't take this as an indictment of Mario, that's not the intent in any way, it just seems we are seeing some things come to light.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Please don't take this as an indictment of Mario, that's not the intent in any way, it just seems we are seeing some things come to light.
I don't think anyone who's been watching for the past several years would disagree. Even though this season ended (collapsed?) on a disappointing note, I had infinitely more fun this season watching Oregon football than I ever did while MC was coach. His teams were painful to watch even when they won.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

pezsez1 wrote:
I don't think anyone who's been watching for the past several years would disagree. Even though this season ended (collapsed?) on a disappointing note, I had infinitely more fun this season watching Oregon football than I ever did while MC was coach. His teams were painful to watch even when they won.
Agreed. Even with the collapse of this season, it's clear that Oregon football has had major improvements since MC left. I'd much rather see the season end the way it did, knowing things are on the up, rather than watch Cristobal turn this program into a dumpster fire.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

Seem to be some RUMOURS in the twitter world that Ty Thompson is visiting LSU today. Again RUMOURS.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

pezsez1 wrote:
Totally agree and it seems more obvious all the time that the team probably won in spite of him (MC), not because of him.

I certainly don't wish him ill will but I am not certain he will succeed at Miami. I think he might be one of those people who is a good position coach and nothing more and there is nothing wrong with that.

I feel like Lanning is a major upgrade and I hope I feel the same way in 2-3 years. At least DL does not throw the players under the bus and he owns it when he makes a mistake and publicly admits it. We knew there would be growing pains with Dan and we saw them against UW and OS. Sure if Nix is not injured those games might have had much different outcomes but as the old saying goes, sometimes the ball doesn't bounce your way.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »