Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

Post by chapelhillduck »

NGL, Terrified of refreshing this thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

What the hell is happening at a&m? Seems like a lot of these guys are in line for significant playing time.

After the performance the Oregon defense put on this season, I wouldn't be at all upset to see Oregon hit the transfer portal hard for defensive players, especially DBs. Also QB is going to be a significant position of need, especially if Nix decides to go into the draft.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Texas A&M with another transfer.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Breaking- Every Texas A&M player enters the portal.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

buckmarkduck wrote:Breaking- Every Texas A&M player enters the portal.
May as well be at this point.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UW has lost S Cameron Williams (former Oregon commit as well) to the portal Stanford has lost 3 more players to the portal Texas A&M has lost QB Haynes King to the portal Florida has lost around 10 players to the portal and Oklahoma is up to around 5-7 with many more expected.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

I thought Stanford players chose Stanford for the education. Why transfer? The education is still there
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

bellsduck wrote:I thought Stanford players chose Stanford for the education. Why transfer? The education is still there

I guess winning games and having fun playing the sport they love while getting a degree somewhere else, trumps getting their ass kicked ever week and having a Stanford degree.
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

bellsduck wrote:I thought Stanford players chose Stanford for the education. Why transfer? The education is still there
The ones in the portal seem to have their degree already
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon Ownage wrote:
The ones in the portal seem to have their degree already
Yep. The inability for Stanford to keep players after they have their degrees is killing them.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

greenyellow wrote: Yep. The inability for Stanford to keep players after they have their degrees is killing them.
I really feel that they let their intellect prevent them from being their best in some sports and its part of why Harbaugh was a good fit because he knew how to blend their educational vision of themselves while building a team of dudes. Shaw just always came off as being too smart for his own good and then at the end started to reach for a gimmick with the slow-mesh nonsense.

I think Greg Roman would be of the Harbaugh mold if he does in fact end up there and with more winning, you'll see less of those defections.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Deion Sanders is about to have the #1 Transfer Portal class at Colorado.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

Duck07 wrote:
greenyellow wrote: Yep. The inability for Stanford to keep players after they have their degrees is killing them.
I really feel that they let their intellect prevent them from being their best in some sports and its part of why Harbaugh was a good fit because he knew how to blend their educational vision of themselves while building a team of dudes. Shaw just always came off as being too smart for his own good and then at the end started to reach for a gimmick with the slow-mesh nonsense.

I think Greg Roman would be of the Harbaugh mold if he does in fact end up there and with more winning, you'll see less of those defections.
I'm betting that if the transfer portal existed when Harbaugh was at Stanford you'd still see a lot of transfers. Most these players have the best thing Stanford can provide, and that's a degree. If they want to continue on with football their best bet is to go to a school with a strong football background, which certainly is not Stanford