Holiday Bowl: #15 Oregon v UNC (Dec. 28, Wed 5 PM Fox)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

pezsez1
All Pac-12

Re: Holiday Bowl: #15 Oregon v UNC (Dec. 28, Wed 5 PM Fox)

Post by pezsez1 »

The whole "meh" attitude cracks me up.

Yeah, we didn't win the conference title or make the playoff. Sucks. But Bo Nix is coming back to lead the offense and go for that 10th win. Do people here really not care about that? Are you not at all excited about one more chance to watch this Oregon offense when it's firing on all cylinders? This team is entertaining as hell with a good QB at the helm and who knows when that will happen again?

Seriously, stock up on hemorrhoid pillows if you need to, whatever it takes to not be so grumpy and to cheer on our thrilling Ducks one more time.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

pezsez1 wrote:The whole "meh" attitude cracks me up.

Yeah, we didn't win the conference title or make the playoff. Sucks. But Bo Nix is coming back to lead the offense and go for that 10th win. Do people here really not care about that? Are you not at all excited about one more chance to watch this Oregon offense when it's firing on all cylinders? This team is entertaining as hell with a good QB at the helm and who knows when that will happen again?

Seriously, stock up on hemorrhoid pillows if you need to, whatever it takes to not be so grumpy and to cheer on our thrilling Ducks one more time.
^^^^this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Any info yet on who maybe opting out of the game for UNC?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Everythingsducky wrote:Any info yet on who maybe opting out of the game for UNC?
Besides Johnson and Gonzales, Lanning wasn't expecting anyone else but it could always change.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

I’ll still watch and hope they win, but at the end of the day, these bowl games are glorified scrimmages. The loss won’t impact me like a regular season one would, and I also don’t think it has any impact on recruiting or anything. So, I treat them as an extra spring game, giving the opportunity for guys to develop for the next season.
Last edited by droop10 on Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

greenyellow wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote:Any info yet on who maybe opting out of the game for UNC?
Besides Johnson and Gonzales, Lanning wasn't expecting anyone else but it could always change.
Thanks, sorry, but I meant any significant UNC players that are skipping the game.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

droop10 wrote:

I’ll still watch and hope they win, but at the end of the day, these bowl games are glorified scrimmages. The loss won’t impact me like a regular season one would, and I also don’t think it has any impact on recruiting or anything. So, I treat them as an extra spring game, giving the opportunity for guys too develop for the next season.
This^

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
81Duck
One Star Recruit

Post by 81Duck »

I for one am excited. I love going to the Holiday Bowl especially at Petco. Lots of great places to go eat/drink. Any many fond memories inlcuding the year we beat Okie St. and folded their QB like a cheap lawn chair.

Go Ducks!!! See you in SD!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

The spring game is a glorified scrimmage. This is not that.

Expectations are higher and the Holiday Bowl is not the destination we're aiming for, but it's where we are and winning impressively would set the tone for Oregon football going forward. I admitedly wasn't too excited about our bowl destination following UW beating WSU, but now that Nix is playing it's game on. They players are taking this game seriously, and so should fans.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Ducks lost to beevis and fuskies. Season was a meh anyway you want to sugar coat it bub.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

I am legit looking forward to so many of the bowl matches this year. I hope we get payback on Mack Brown for getting us sanctioned. Embarrass him and make him retire for good.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Ducks lost to beevis and fuskies. Season was a meh anyway you want to sugar coat it bub.
Listen here, Doodlepants. The season is about more than just two games. We throttled UCLA at home in a high-profile Gameday appearance and were odds-on favorites to win the conference title (and make the playoff) until Nix got hurt. This season went a long way toward bolstering Oregon's brand and image -- which is HUGE considering the momentum for Lanning and his staff.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UNC won't have starting CB Tony Grimes.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

pezsez1 wrote:
Listen here, Doodlepants. The season is about more than just two games. We throttled UCLA at home in a high-profile Gameday appearance and were odds-on favorites to win the conference title (and make the playoff) until Nix got hurt. This season went a long way toward bolstering Oregon's brand and image -- which is HUGE considering the momentum for Lanning and his staff.
Did you just call him doodlepants?