Page 1 of 2
WBB: #14 Arizona @ Oregon (Feb. 23, Thu 7 PM Pac-12 Oregon)
Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:05 pm
by greenyellow
ARIZONA
FEB. 23 (THU) 7 PM
EUGENE, OR
TV: PAC-12 OREGON
Re: WBB: Oregon @ #14 Arizona (Feb. 23, Thu 7 PM Pac-12 Oreg
Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:32 pm
by Bigwaved
Tuned in early in the 3rd period. Watched the team for a bit. Same old thing. If anything even remotely resembling pressure or tougher play and they wilt like the Wicked Witch after the water hits.
Re: WBB: Oregon @ #14 Arizona (Feb. 23, Thu 7 PM Pac-12 Oreg
Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:02 pm
by Bigwaved
Credit where credit is due. They withstood the run at them in the 4th and finished it.
Re: WBB: Oregon @ #14 Arizona (Feb. 23, Thu 7 PM Pac-12 Oreg
Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:03 pm
by rockthief
What a strange team. Hell of a win.
Re: WBB: Oregon @ #14 Arizona (Feb. 23, Thu 7 PM Pac-12 Oreg
Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:08 pm
by StevensTechU
I'm just here to take up space until GrandpaDuck has something actually insightful about the WBB team.
Re: WBB: #14 Arizona @ Oregon (Feb. 23, Thu 7 PM Pac-12 Oreg
Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:20 am
by Bigwaved
StevensTechU wrote:I'm just here to take up space until GrandpaDuck has something actually insightful about the WBB team.
Mission accomplished on the just taking up space goal. [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
Re: WBB: #14 Arizona @ Oregon (Feb. 23, Thu 7 PM Pac-12 Oreg
Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:57 am
by gogreen55
Well, if Paopao can keep this going, she picked the right time of the year to peak at least. Kyei and Basham may finally be on the upswing also. Find a way to sneak into the big dance and we may be able to surprise a few teams.
Re: WBB: #14 Arizona @ Oregon (Feb. 23, Thu 7 PM Pac-12 Oreg
Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:37 am
by ElPatoLoco
It was nice to see Pao Pao back as she’s been pretty much absent in conference play. She brings an energy that others feed on. Also, it was nice to see the ball in her hands as opposed to Rogers. We need Rogers and she’s a scorer but running every play through her in the final minutes of the game is too obvious for the D to guard
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Re: WBB: Oregon @ #14 Arizona (Feb. 23, Thu 7 PM Pac-12 Oreg
Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:13 pm
by GrandpaDuck
StevensTechU wrote:I'm just here to take up space until GrandpaDuck has something actually insightful about the WBB team.
This is pretty funny because I came in to post I have nothing to say about the game other than I enjoyed it immensely and was glad it got over before I had to take my 3 hour trip thru the ice and snow to the airport to pick-up the family.
Yay team, I'm happy for you. (and me too)
Re: WBB: #14 Arizona @ Oregon (Feb. 23, Thu 7 PM Pac-12 Oreg
Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:02 am
by nogerO
Arizona's coach is such a petulant cry baby!
Re: WBB: #14 Arizona @ Oregon (Feb. 23, Thu 7 PM Pac-12 Oreg
Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:10 am
by GrandpaDuck
nogerO wrote:Arizona's coach is suck a petulant cry baby!
Doesn't beating a Barnes coached team feel a little extra good? Kind of like beating a team coached by Bobby Hurley. She's the only women's coach in PAC-12 I get that bonus feeling from beating. (I think she is a much better actual coach than Hurley though.)
Re: WBB: #14 Arizona @ Oregon (Feb. 23, Thu 7 PM Pac-12 Oreg
Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:07 am
by duck58
Last 2 games were great. but I believe we have to beat UW and Stanford to reach NCAA. UW possible. Stanford not likely.
Re: WBB: #14 Arizona @ Oregon (Feb. 23, Thu 7 PM Pac-12 Oreg
Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:48 am
by nogerO
GrandpaDuck wrote:nogerO wrote:Arizona's coach is suck a petulant cry baby!
Doesn't beating a Barnes coached team feel a little extra good? Kind of like beating a team coached by Bobby Hurley. She's the only women's coach in PAC-12 I get that bonus feeling from beating. (I think she is a much better actual coach than Hurley though.)
She cries about every single call it seems. After the game they showed her and KG shaking hands. It was all she could do to smile. Loved it!
Re: WBB: #14 Arizona @ Oregon (Feb. 23, Thu 7 PM Pac-12 Oreg
Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:50 am
by nogerO
duck58 wrote:Last 2 games were great. but I believe we have to beat UW and Stanford to reach NCAA. UW possible. Stanford not likely.
Gotta have at least two of our guards shooting well or we will bow out first game. Be a great time for Gray to bust out of her shooting woes.
Re: WBB: #14 Arizona @ Oregon (Feb. 23, Thu 7 PM Pac-12 Oreg
Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:18 pm
by GrandpaDuck
duck58 wrote:Last 2 games were great. but I believe we have to beat UW and Stanford to reach NCAA. UW possible. Stanford not likely.
I hope you're wrong and beating UW would be enough.
We are 21 in the Net ranking. According to ESPNs bracketology we are the first one on the outside. The 4 teams they have just ahead of us have about the same record and their Net rankings are 45-56. If we beat UW and lose to Stanford we should finish with the 3-5 best Net ranking in a conference that is expected to send 7-8 to the tourney.
edit: Oregon went from 21 to 18 in the NCAA's net ranking after this weekend. How would the NCAA leave out a top 20 in their own ranking from a 68 team field?