If Trump is found guilty...

Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

Re: If Trump is found guilty...

Post by nogerO »

pezsez1 wrote:Are any Trump voters not like DD10snoop? If so, I'm genuinely curious to hear from you. I really want to know how you'd interpret a guilty verdict given all of these circumstances.
TDS is showing. Oh wait… :roll:
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
jBeavertonduck
Two Star Recruit

Post by jBeavertonduck »

pezsez1 wrote:
Your entire post is spoken exactly as someone who has done no research and views everything along partisan, media-driven lines.
This actually made me laugh. Bless your heart. :lol:
Still waiting to hear what the procedure is for a President to declassify documents.
I’m not sure how you can claim that given the guidance of the Presidential Records Act.

From Robert Barnes. “ Just as the legislative branch cannot delegate legislative power to the executive branch, it cannot usurp executive power. That is why it cannot prevent the President -- in whom all executive power vests Constitutionally -- from doing whatever he wants with his records.”
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

jBeavertonduck wrote:
pezsez1 wrote:
Your entire post is spoken exactly as someone who has done no research and views everything along partisan, media-driven lines.
Still waiting to hear what the procedure is for a President to declassify documents.
I’m not sure how you can claim that given the guidance of the Presidential Records Act.

From Robert Barnes. “ Just as the legislative branch cannot delegate legislative power to the executive branch, it cannot usurp executive power. That is why it cannot prevent the President -- in whom all executive power vests Constitutionally -- from doing whatever he wants with his records.”
Classification isn't even the issue in the indictment. But "classification" was the false pretense that was used to obtain a warrant to raid Mar-a-lago even though the DOJ knew there was no legal leg to stand on.

I agree with everything you are saying about the PRA; however, there is a bit of a debate about which takes precedence. The PRA or Espionage Act?

Section 793(e) of Title 18, which is part of the Espionage Act says that it is a crime to have “unauthorized possession of, access to, or control over” documents “relating to the national defense which information the possessor has reason to believe could be used to the injury of the United States or to the advantage of any foreign nation.”

Is possession "unauthorized" if the PRA gives authorization to the POTUS to hold any document they want? Probably not but I'm not an expert.

Likely the former president will be found guilty on at least one charge and then either Appeals or SCOTUS will overturn based on the PRA overriding the Espionage Act.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

“I’m genuinely curious what Trump voters thinks.”

*refuses to engage and instead dismisses every response as irrational or invalid*

Why did you actually start this thread? Seems like you have a fairly entrenched few of what Trump voters are and think (as if they’re a monolith) and simply started this thread to confirm your biases.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:“I’m genuinely curious what Trump voters thinks.”

*refuses to engage and instead dismisses every response as irrational or invalid*

Why did you actually start this thread? Seems like you have a fairly entrenched few of what Trump voters are and think (as if they’re a monolith) and simply started this thread to confirm your biases.
“So, his case stands apart from the others. This isn't a case of Trump being singled out. That is crystal clear and rational dalogue can't proceed until we acknowledge that.”

This made me laugh. If you really think they’re not singling out Trump, you need to take your binky back from your son.

It’s a manifestation of your severe Trump Derangement Syndrome.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I feel like I need to change the name of this thread to "when" Trump is found guilty. I read about his Fox News interview. Funny stuff.

Also, where is my thread about former presidents who've never been indicted? It's funny (and not surprising) that the mods here allow all kinds of crazy right-wing BS (including passive anti-vax BS in the main forum) and yet we can't have a simple list of presidents who've never been indicted.

Elon would NOT approve.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

pezsez1 wrote:I feel like I need to change the name of this thread to "when" Trump is found guilty. I read about his Fox News interview. Funny stuff.

Also, where is my thread about former presidents who've never been indicted? It's funny (and not surprising) that the mods here allow all kinds of crazy right-wing BS (including passive anti-vax BS in the main forum) and yet we can't have a simple list of presidents who've never been indicted.

Elon would NOT approve.
It's literally on the 1st page when you click "view active topics" but okay.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

pezsez1 wrote:I feel like I need to change the name of this thread to "when" Trump is found guilty. I read about his Fox News interview. Funny stuff.

Elon would NOT approve.
I don't delete threads. If anything, I lock. Only things I delete is anything that is sexually inappropriate because there are some kids/teens that browse our forum. But if someone wants to post left wing propaganda or whatever else, fine by me. We get to know each other better this way!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

I can’t find the thread either but I didn’t delete it. Pez was the only one replying to it anyways so there wasn’t any need for it to be deleted ha.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:I can’t find the thread either but I didn’t delete it. Pez was the only one replying to it anyways so there wasn’t any need for it to be deleted ha.
Yeah the "tolerant" left mouthpiece here is demanding that Right Wing BS be banned. :roll: :lol:
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Amusing just skimming through this that nobody answered the OP.

The answers ranged from whatabout Biden to he's not guilty, which though relevant, didn't answer the OP.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

GrantDuck wrote:Amusing just skimming through this that nobody answered the OP.

The answers ranged from whatabout Biden to he's not guilty, which though relevant, didn't answer the OP.
His primary question after the long prologue was about if Trump could cross a red-line. He then ignored every single response on that single issue and instead focused on the other responses to his prologue.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

GrantDuck wrote:Amusing just skimming through this that nobody answered the OP.

I feel like "skimming" is probably an accurate description because it was addressed multiple times.

I feel like those who adhere to the mainstream narrative don't have a good grasp on understanding the perspective of those people who don't adhere to popular narratives. For example: you say that the responses in this thread haven't addressed the question, but have instead been "what about Biden", but actually, there you - unwittingly - have the answer to the original question in the thread. Do you really expect the people who supported the previous president before these charges to all of a sudden make an about-face and believe in the good-faith effort of the 3-letter institutions that perpetrated the Russia hoax and are suppressing investigations into Hunter/Joe bribery scheme ? "What about Biden" is the entire reason why nobody cares about this indictment and see it as a sham (whether there is merit or not). That's a lot for one sentence, but think about that for a moment (this requires putting yourself in someone else's shoes). There is your answer.

It's crazy. All Americans were gaslit by the media and intelligence community for 6+ years in regards to the Russia hoax and Ukrainian impeachment and yet here we are hoping an orange man gets convicted for 300+ years for holding classified documents as president....100% of people have been gaslit, but only ~40% still don't know it yet. Maybe a few more years....maybe never.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I don't delete threads.
I don't really care if it exists -- I was clearly just trolling the Trump fans a bit over their denial of what's happening -- but I am curious about where it went. Maybe another mod deleted it and just never told you? I think it's hilarious that it just vanished without a word. I'm honestly not surprised.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

pezsez1 wrote:
Do you wake up with a hard on for Trump?