Duck07
All-American

Re: Federal NIL Legislation Introduced

Post by Duck07 »

Dumb idea from two morons.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

This is basically DOA. The other NIL bill going through Congress has a better chance.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

"It would also make changes to the transfer portal by requiring athletes to complete the first three years of academic eligibility before being allowed to transfer without penalty, with a few exceptions"

That would be nice... Unless your head coach or position coach changes, I feel like giving your first commitment a legitimate chance is ideal. Transfer portal feels promiscuous.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:"It would also make changes to the transfer portal by requiring athletes to complete the first three years of academic eligibility before being allowed to transfer without penalty, with a few exceptions"

That would be nice... Unless your head coach or position coach changes, I feel like giving your first commitment a legitimate chance is ideal. Transfer portal feels promiscuous.
Just not enough of the public interest for Congress to get involved by forcing the ill equipped NCAA to grow teeth.

So of course it's now a priority for the more corrupt members.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Duck07 wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:"It would also make changes to the transfer portal by requiring athletes to complete the first three years of academic eligibility before being allowed to transfer without penalty, with a few exceptions"

Just not enough of the public interest for Congress to get involved by forcing the ill equipped NCAA to grow teeth.

So of course it's now a priority for the more corrupt members.
Sure, I'm not saying I have a strong opinion on the avenue.. Just saying I would like to see the transfer portal curbed a bit.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Things the government should be working on. Cleaning up Flint, Baltimore, Detroit, and crime ridden cities. Things they should stay the hell out of, sports.