#8 Oregon @ #7 Washington (Oct. 14, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Re: #8 Oregon @ #7 Washington (Oct. 14, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Post by DuckzRule »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Amazing catch by Franklin, amazing run by Bucky, and on 3rd and 2 and 4th and 3 that’s the best we got? This is one of those games where the coaches lost it, not the players. Make no doubt this loss is on Stein and Lanning. They got lucky to beat T Tech, but play stupid games win stupid prizes.

We can still win out and play them again in Vegas but this one stings a lot knowing we freakin had it and our coaches gave it away.

Lanning is freakin 0-3 against our rivals.
No seriously, I felt this game cost us a legit chance at the CFP, even if you're actually eliminated once you lose a second game.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Win out, win the conference championship, no worries. Absolutely possible.
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

chapelhillduck wrote:
DmoneyDuck wrote:This is why you don't leave points on the board, especially in big games on the road.
Any of those 3 fourth down calls works and we win the game. Sometimes they don’t work, but it builds the program. It fires up everyone on the team. We’ve got a hell of a team that can win a championship now even with the loss.
Calling it now, we win out and make the playoffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reminded me of Helf in 2016 at Nebraska going for 2 after every single score to be honest, those missed opportunities ended up costing us in Lincoln that afternoon as well.

Also, none of the attempts on 4th down were even remotely close! It would be much a much easier pill to swallow if the play drawn up was solid but they all looked like they were winging it out there.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Congrats Huskies. I’ve never been more disappointed in a coaching staff after a loss.
Hopefully we figure out what's wrong and FIX IT, make some coaching changes as well.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

This is shitty, but at the end of the day, shouldn’t change anything. They win out and I don’t see how you keep a 1 loss PAC team out that lost by a field goal on the road to a top 10 team. Just have to take care of business going forward. Leaves less margin for error, but there’s no reason they can’t win out. This was always going to be the most difficult game.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

To all the Will Stein supporters, we needed two yards with two chances to win the game, and those are the best playcalls he has? Feels like he calls plays from a sticky note. So little creativity and little misdirection, and again, Bo is regressing with vision meaning he’s not coming up with a scheme that utilities his strengths. Maybe Will Stein will improve but if he doesn’t improve by next season Lanning needs to upgrade the OC if he wants to take Oregon to the playoffs. I can’t understand the Will Stein support, his playcalling is so predictable and vanilla, the players overcome his playcalling. He’ll freakin do the butt push twice in a row! There is no plan beyond the next play! Once it was 3rd and 2 coaches should’ve decided they were going for it and set them up for an easier fourth down not a predictable run play where you’re at a numbers disadvantage. Just absolutely inexcusable coaching from Stein and Lanning and they owe the DLine, Franklin, and Bucky a personal apology.
DuckBomb2
One Star Recruit

Post by DuckBomb2 »

The main problem with those fourth down calls is that all three are Nix dropping back and throwing a mid-range pass into coverage. Give it to Bucky. Let Nix win it with his legs. He doesn't make those throws in big games. We know that about him. He's an athlete, not a Tom Brady.
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

DuckBomb2 wrote:The main problem with those fourth down calls is that all three are Nix dropping back and throwing a mid-range pass into coverage. Give it to Bucky. Let Nix win it with his legs. He doesn't make those throws in big games. We know that about him. He's an athlete, not a Tom Brady.
not sure if it was just me but on that last 4th down play, there was lots of green grass ahead of him on the right side.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

I love you Dan but this one is on YOU!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

I would have liked to see dl decide to punt the ball on the last play while we were still up by four. Forcing penix to to 80-90 years in about two minutes without any timeouts left. We had been pressuring and able to stop him on the previous few drives and they needed a touchdown.

Giving him the short field to work with instead, opened up alot more options and less pressure. The outcome of that was not ideal. I love his aggressiveness but i hope he takes more calculated risks in the future.
DuckBomb2
One Star Recruit

Post by DuckBomb2 »

For sure there was. With his wheels, he puts his head down and he probably gets it. Higher odds than throwing it anyway. I don't blame him for throwing it. Split second decision. Just seems like we're not calling the big plays to our strengths.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Anyone else notice Bo is basically a statue back there this year? 1% running threat. Am I missing something?
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

nogerO wrote:I love you Dan but this one is on YOU!
I agree, I really like DL and hope he is around for a long time. But he passed on two easy FG’s which would’ve added 6 to the Duck score and he should have punted on the last 4rth down failure.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

The bigger problem to me on the 4th downs was the playcall than the decision to go for it.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

Alan wrote:
nogerO wrote:I love you Dan but this one is on YOU!
I agree, I really like DL and hope he is around for a long time. But he passed on two easy FG’s which would’ve added 6 to the Duck score and he should have punted on the last 4rth down failure.
Again, assumptions being made that 1) Lewis makes the field goals and 2) everything turns out the same way if they kick. They got great field position the drive after the 2nd miss, because Washington was backed up deep in their own territory. I hope this doesn’t dissuade him from being aggressive. Better execution on those plays and they have 14 additional points. Can’t play scared.