#8 Oregon @ #13 Utah (Oct. 28, Sat 12:30 PM Fox)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: #8 Oregon @ #13 Utah (Oct. 28, Sat 12:30 PM Fox)

Post by buckmarkduck »

I only put DJ U in there, because I know the family is super tight. He’s been to Autzen multiple times this year, and yes he should be a grad transfer. I don’t love him as a QB, but the chances of finding another Nix are slim.
OregonDucks
One Star Recruit

Post by OregonDucks »

buckmarkduck wrote:
SuperDuck wrote:A couple names that may be available. Cam Rising and Cameron Ward. Can you imagine Cameron Ward with plenty of time to throw, a stable of talented receivers, an excellent running game and a great defense?

The staff knows the best type of QB who'll fit. I wish there were another Sam Hartman type out there, but it looks like slim pickin's in the QB portal.
Rising. I don’t want to ever have to root for that guy. Besides his ear ball play would drive me nuts. He’s like a little more mobile Joey Harrington. One great play then a bad one.

DJ U
Ward
Noah F from UA/ package deal with TMac
Maalik Murphy
Chiles OSU Fr.

Dante Moore-Depends on how upset he is for being benched and wasting his RS

Also wouldn’t mind grabbing OS WR Bolden.
I haven't watched many of those QBs but no thank you on DJU. Dante Moore probably needs more time to develop so I'm not sure he's the best fit, if Oregon wants to compete for a conference championship and spot in the playoffs next year. I think that Rising will be loyal and finish his college career in Utah, as they have a great shot to win the Big XII and earn a spot in the playoffs.

I think that Cam Ward would be a slam dunk in Oregon's offense, if he's looking for a change.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I also don't think anyone should write off Tye Thompson. After one year under the Lanning Administration he looks like a completely different QB in the limited snaps he's had. Just looks far more confident with good command of the offense when he's in.

Obviously, we don't know what the coaches know... but with all the improvements we've seen up and down the roster, I think it's fair to ask whether Thompson suffered early from the same lack of development we saw at virtually all positions under Cristoball. I wouldn't blink if Thompson starts next season and blows people away.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

OregonDucks wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
SuperDuck wrote:A couple names that may be available. Cam Rising and Cameron Ward. Can you imagine Cameron Ward with plenty of time to throw, a stable of talented receivers, an excellent running game and a great defense?

The staff knows the best type of QB who'll fit. I wish there were another Sam Hartman type out there, but it looks like slim pickin's in the QB portal.
Rising. I don’t want to ever have to root for that guy. Besides his ear ball play would drive me nuts. He’s like a little more mobile Joey Harrington. One great play then a bad one.

DJ U
Ward
Maalik Murphy
Chiles OSU Fr.

I haven't watched many of those QBs but no thank you on DJU. Dante Moore probably needs more time to develop so I'm not sure he's the best fit, if Oregon wants to compete for a conference championship and spot in the playoffs next year. I think that Rising will be loyal and finish his college career in Utah, as they have a great shot to win the Big XII and earn a spot in the playoffs.

I think that Cam Ward would be a slam dunk in Oregon's offense, if he's looking for a change.
Cam Ward would be sick. If we poach him Wazzou fans might stage an intifada against us though.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

Tray Dub wrote:
OregonDucks wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:

DJ U
Ward
Maalik Murphy
Chiles OSU Fr.

Cam Ward would be sick. If we poach him Wazzou fans might stage an intifada against us though.
Wouldn't that be the ultimate "f*** you." Leave for the B1G and take ward with us.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Tray Dub wrote:
OregonDucks wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:

DJ U
Ward
Maalik Murphy
Chiles OSU Fr.

Why would anyone there be mad? Ward, and anyone else at WSU and OS, didn’t sign on to play in the MWC. I bet both schools see a mass exodus. If you’re a Coug or beav, and you get mad that guys leave, you’re just being selfish. None of these guys went there to not play in a power 5 conference.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

buckmarkduck wrote:Why would anyone there be mad? Ward, and anyone else at WSU and OS, didn’t sign on to play in the MWC. I bet both schools see a mass exodus. If you’re a Coug or beav, and you get mad that guys leave, you’re just being selfish. None of these guys went there to not play in a power 5 conference.
The thing about lawsuits is they always take time and the more time it takes in regards to the 2 v 8 over the existence of the PAC as an entity and who is entitled to what future distributions will likely make it difficult for the 2 to try and function properly with all of the uncertainty.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I understand WSU getting mad if they lose a good QB. If it is done right though, it would be on that QB's initiative rather than the new team's. It makes me think: As much as we want a great transfer QB for next season, there are also probably good QB's looking at Oregon and seeing the open spot in a machine that is bound for something pretty good next season. The Oline, skill players, etc. makes Oregon a pretty attractive situation. Seems like Lanning should be getting some calls from players wanting to boost their national profile.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

As much as we want a great transfer QB for next season, there are also probably good QB's looking at Oregon and seeing the open spot in a machine that is bound for something pretty good next season. The Oline, skill players, etc. makes Oregon a pretty attractive situation. Seems like Lanning should be getting some calls from players wanting to boost their national profile.
This is what I ultimately think will happen. Lots of great QBs out there on mediocre teams, and any one of them could come to Oregon & compete for a championship and a shot at the Heisman. I don't think we need to limit our thinking to whoever we think is available. Pretty much anyone can be available under the right circumstances.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon with another great cinematic recap:
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Extra cool to see coaches calls on certain plays. Seems like good scouting made a big difference.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

The UO vids are ridiculously killer. Quality, insane. Better than most movies I’ve watched recently. Spine-tingling.
73duck
Three Star Recruit

Post by 73duck »

I rate this better than Citizen Kane.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Re-watched the game about 3 times and Evan Williams is a beast. If we can play like that on defense from here on out and the two lineman (won't mention names) 72 & 76 can clean up the bonehead penalties on offense, this team if we stay healthy will win out. This is the most comfortable I've felt about a team since MM and crew embarrassed Jameis and the criminoles. It will be a battle from here on out but I'm pretty confident they will be 12-1 after the Pac-12 championship and definitely in the playoffs.

GO Ducks!!!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

nogerO wrote:Re-watched the game about 3 times and Evan Williams is a beast. If we can play like that on defense from here on out and the two lineman (won't mention names) 72 & 76 can clean up the bonehead penalties on offense, this team if we stay healthy will win out. This is the most comfortable I've felt about a team since MM and crew embarrassed Jameis and the criminoles. It will be a battle from here on out but I'm pretty confident they will be 12-1 after the Pac-12 championship and definitely in the playoffs.

GO Ducks!!!
We all know that even if the perfect ending results in a championship, the Poodles would lay claim to being de facto National Champs because of their win over us. ;)