USC @ #6 Oregon (Nov. 11, Sat 7:30 PM Fox)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: USC @ #6 Oregon (Nov. 11, Sat 7:30 PM Fox)

Post by buckmarkduck »

SC fans seem pretty positive about the game. They say a 45-24 loss will be a win for them. And that it will be a bloodbath, and the best line was Spielberg is going to make a movie about the beating. Called saving private Riley.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

The USC defense is not good at all.
bdkipe
Two Star Recruit

Post by bdkipe »

Reasons for “PANIC!” This feels a lot like 2011. Heartbreaking loss early on (LSU & UW), then the team starts tearing through the regular season clawing their way into playoff contention.

- Pac-12 After Dark game. Weird crap is gonna happen
- USC program totally has a hard-on for us, sees us as their “true competition”, would love nothing more than to mess our season up
- P12 officials love making themselves part of the story and I have a feeling that there are gonna be some crucial PI calls with the way SC puts the ball in the air

Reason for OPTIMISM:

- Everything we’ve seen so far from our team this year
- I saw an advanced stat from ESPN that UW’s Johnson ran for 199 yards before first contact. Bucky might be looking at breaking Kenjon’s record this game. (Irony = KB’s game also against USC)
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

I hate this is a night game. We’ve been lights out (pun intended) on day games lately. Weirdness happens after dark.

But my take is we crush the emotional fingernail painted pretty boy and soft D.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Oregon is a -14.5 favorite. More than Georgia is (-11) at home against Ole Miss or Washington is (-10) at home against Utah.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

bdkipe wrote:Reasons for “PANIC!” This feels a lot like 2011. Heartbreaking loss early on (LSU & UW), then the team starts tearing through the regular season clawing their way into playoff contention.

- Pac-12 After Dark game. Weird crap is gonna happen
- USC program totally has a hard-on for us, sees us as their “true competition”, would love nothing more than to mess our season up
- P12 officials love making themselves part of the story and I have a feeling that there are gonna be some crucial PI calls with the way SC puts the ball in the air

Reason for OPTIMISM:

- Everything we’ve seen so far from our team this year
- I saw an advanced stat from ESPN that UW’s Johnson ran for 199 yards before first contact. Bucky might be looking at breaking Kenjon’s record this game. (Irony = KB’s game also against USC)
That SC team would kill this sc team. Not even close to the same stuff. Also Chip played his second best qb all that year.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Well this is something:
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

Tray Dub wrote:Well this is something:
Thanks, I hate it, now I'm kinda worried we actually lose this game despite it being at home.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

DuckzRule wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:Well this is something:
Thanks, I hate it, now I'm kinda worried we actually lose this game despite it being at home.
why, because between now and Saturday they are going to go get everyone from Dan's 2020 defense at Georgia and have them all suit up for SC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Not sure if firing Grinch is going to change much since teams are typically who they are this late into the season. They may play a little harder and improve marginally in some areas, they'll likely still give up around 50 to Oregon.
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

If they're good coaches the USC defense should probably see a boost but it won't be enough to slow Oregon
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

buckmarkduck wrote:SC fans seem pretty positive about the game. They say a 45-24 loss will be a win for them. And that it will be a bloodbath, and the best line was Spielberg is going to make a movie about the beating. Called "saving Riley's privates".
FIFY! Thank me later!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

5$ wrote:If they're good coaches the USC defense should probably see a boost but it won't be enough to slow Oregon
I bet Donte Williams will put his hat in the ring for interim-DC. I want to say that he's a competent coach (but he's still a snake)
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

ducks5ever wrote:
5$ wrote:If they're good coaches the USC defense should probably see a boost but it won't be enough to slow Oregon
I bet Donte Williams will put his hat in the ring for interim-DC. I want to say that he's a competent coach (but he's still a snake)

SC fans hate him as much as Grinch. They want him fired also.