#6 Oregon @ Arizona State (Nov. 18, Sat 1 PM Fox)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: #6 Oregon @ Arizona State (Nov. 18, Sat 1 PM Fox)

Post by buckmarkduck »

StevensTechU wrote:
ducks5ever wrote:
Alan wrote:
pezsez1 wrote:
I’ve got a Yugo you’ll love! Big Sky Ty? You’ve got to be kidding right?
Buy low and sell high.

Ty has massively improved since Lanning Inc. took over.
I agree about Ty improving since Dan has took over as the coach. Although that was a pretty ugly int Ty threw today, it made me think about how spoiled some of us will be when Bo leaves. No QB is going to be able to do what Bo has done this season, I predict some fan whining next season, no matter who starts, Ty we’ll have a fair shot at the job though I am sure.
His arm was hit on the pass. It's not really his fault.
He was throwing into double coverage. If his arm isn't touched, that's a pick just by a different guy.

Not sure what he was looking at, because Kasper is literally running right in the same area wide open
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

RE: JPJ's cleat.

They stop basketball games to let a player ON the court tie their shoes or put it back on. They don't issue a team timeout, they just delay play until the shoe is re-tied.

I know the PAC is dying, but this does bring up an interesting point as it relates to Sportsmanship of the game. Players have to leave if their helmet comes off only as a specific means of deterrence due to the risk of head injury and if an opponent takes it off they can remain in for the next play. That the game wasn't stopped as a result and that the other HC was penalized does suggest a look at the rules and I'd hope that Dilly doesn't have to pay a fine of some sort for the Unsportsmanlike penalty.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

We can't predict what would've happened, but we have an extremely good idea.

I didn't watch the second half of the game. This screenshot is from YouTube highlights. How did Thompson look overall?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
snapt
Four Star Recruit

Post by snapt »

I thought Ty tossed some really nice balls, he had some incompletions down the field that hit his WR in the hands that he put the ball where only they could have caught it. He showed a quick release on some shorter stuff, and is actually reading progressions, Regardless if he gets the nod, he's markedly improved.
BOOF it!
wepto
Four Star Recruit

Post by wepto »

StevensTechU wrote:We can't predict what would've happened, but we have an extremely good idea.

I didn't watch the second half of the game. This screenshot is from YouTube highlights. How did Thompson look overall?
He locked onto his #1 target and didn't go through his progressions.
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

It looks a lot like Bo's throw for a touchdown. The corner trailing just slightly and the safety coming over the top. Only a well-thrown ball gets in but with a deflected arm it is either incomplete or intercepted. Had Bo's arm been hit you might have been complaining about him as the safety would have snagged a slower less accurate ball.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Quietduck wrote:It looks a lot like Bo's throw for a touchdown. The corner trailing just slightly and the safety coming over the top. Only a well-thrown ball gets in but with a deflected arm it is either incomplete or intercepted. Had Bo's arm been hit you might have been complaining about him as the safety would have snagged a slower less accurate ball.

What happened, and it’s because he didn’t pay attention. The underneath DB was supposed to be on Kasper, but left humans went to the other WR. But TT just was going there no matter what. Even if his arm wasnt hit, I don’t think it gets completed
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

Great game. Feels good to get back to the Chip Days of blowing out inferior opponents instead of being at the edge of our seats when Mario was running the show. Nix was great but we need to give love to the OL, Bo had so much time to evaluate the defense when he was in the pocket.

The Gary Bryant Jr. spin move in the open field and dash to the endzone was probably my favorite offensive play this year, absolutely unbelievable to watch in real time.
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

What happened is his arm got hit so we cannot judge if he would have had a great throw for a completion or an Int. If he throws this and doesn't get hit and they get an int then fine, he should have. I would like to know how everyone can say what he did or didn't do. As far as I know, the progressions are not public knowledge and we have no knowledge of what he was seeing, concentrating on, or where he should have been throwing. I am not his fan but if he gets hit while throwing I don't see how we can condemn him so freely.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

He looked really good, especially compared to the past two years. He looked good enough that if he had to go in during a game (during meaningful minutes) I wouldn't assume that the offense would stall. (And that's a big chance from even last season.)
Willie Taggart is a dick.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

pezsez1 wrote:He looked really good, especially compared to the past two years. He looked good enough that if he had to go in during a game (during meaningful minutes) I wouldn't assume that the offense would stall. (And that's a big chance from even last season.)

He’s much more confident that’s for sure. I compare him to a long drive golfer and a pga golfer. He can /throwhit then hell out of it, but it’s the rest he has issues with. If he starts next year, I think we will run like 65% of the time.
justin_f
One Star Recruit

Post by justin_f »

Ty is not playing next year

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

Lol, crazy how the fan base has given up on a guy because he looked bad as a redshirt freshman with limited game experience. The extensive recruiting coverage has caused this phenomenon where fans suddenly think if a guy isn’t a finished product in year 2, he’ll never amount to anything. Thompson made a couple great throws, but guess just want to harp on the guy making his first real mistake of the year, as if no QB ever makes the wrong read. He clearly improved a lot over the offseason, so why do people think he can’t continue to improve and come into next year even better? It’s ridiculous how quickly people write off players these days.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

justin_f wrote:Ty is not playing next year

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Do you have some inside info?
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Random thing I want to give credit to ASU for, there were multiple times they could’ve landed a big hit on Nix and it might not have been a penalty for roughing the passer, but they were very careful and cautious to let up and not hit him hard. I just thought that was really cool of them.