2023-24 Coaching Carousel

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

5$
Five Star Recruit

Re: 2023-24 Coaching Carousel

Post by 5$ »

Phalanx wrote:
duck92 wrote:I think Chip's going to get another year-at least.
Ha! UCLA fans are like Beaver fans: they hate the Trojans more than they like their own team. If you beat USC, all else is forgiven. One of their biggest boosters just came out in open support of retaining Chip. Looks like he might survive.
I love this for him
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Syracuse has fired Dino Babers as their HC.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Tons of smoke that DeBore is heading to A&M
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

buckmarkduck wrote:Tons of smoke that DeBore is heading to A&M
From where?
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

gogreen55 wrote:
From where?

A&M sites
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

And from the interview and answers by Canzona with Smith, I’d say Smith is for sure gone. The beavs will be looking for a new player and probably about 40-50 players.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

buckmarkduck wrote:
gogreen55 wrote:
From where?

A&M sites
I assume we're talking about the current UW head football coach Kalen DeBoer.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Greenblood wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
gogreen55 wrote:
From where?

A&M sites
I assume we're talking about the current UW head football coach Kalen DeBoer.
It’s debore ing or deboner on hardcorehusky. Anyways I’m not shocked he’s being rumored to leave uw. The have zero depth for next year, and uw is broke. They can’t get into a bidding war for him, or pay the assistants what they all will get paid some place else.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Thanks. Are there some good examples of what you're seeing on the A&M sites that make it sound like more than just smoke?
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

Greenblood wrote:Thanks. Are there some good examples of what you're seeing on the A&M sites that make it sound like more than just smoke?
I think at this point it's just speculation from their fan base. I've read through a bunch of ATM boards and couldn't find anything definitive. 2 days ago, they were all saying it was Jedd Fisch until one of their ATM writers said he wasn't a serious candidate. Supposedly they do have their guy and it will be announced next week.

Just my 2 cents, but I think when they fired Jimbo, it was gonna be Mike Elko (their former DC) before Duke lost to Virginia. Will be interesting to see if that is actually who they settle on when it is announced.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

pdxduck2013 wrote:
Greenblood wrote:Thanks. Are there some good examples of what you're seeing on the A&M sites that make it sound like more than just smoke?
I think at this point it's just speculation from their fan base. I've read through a bunch of ATM boards and couldn't find anything definitive. 2 days ago, they were all saying it was Jedd Fisch until one of their ATM writers said he wasn't a serious candidate. Supposedly they do have their guy and it will be announced next week.

Just my 2 cents, but I think when they fired Jimbo, it was gonna be Mike Elko (their former DC) before Duke lost to Virginia. Will be interesting to see if that is actually who they settle on when it is announced.

Elmo just said he’s staying at Duke. Assuming he didn’t get the job.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

buckmarkduck wrote:
pdxduck2013 wrote:

Kiffin or Trayler???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

buckmarkduck wrote:
pdxduck2013 wrote:

Rumors are he refused to leave without his top assistants but ATM wasn’t willing to fork out enough for Dorothy and Mr. Noodle.
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
pdxduck2013 wrote:

Rumors are he refused to leave without his top assistants but ATM wasn’t willing to fork out enough for Dorothy and Mr. Noodle.
Funny enough actually...supposedly ATM is trying to force whoever the new coach is to keep certain coaches that are already on staff because their buyouts are very large and they used a lot of money on Dumbo's buyout.
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

pdxduck2013 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
pdxduck2013 wrote:

Funny enough actually...supposedly ATM is trying to force whoever the new coach is to keep certain coaches that are already on staff because their buyouts are very large and they used a lot of money on Dumbo's buyout.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Athletic Departments around the US are learning a very expensive lesson paid for by A&M.