2023-24 Coaching Carousel

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

Re: 2023-24 Coaching Carousel

Post by nogerO »

Phalanx wrote:Slowly, the chatter is changing to DeBoer. Would be so sad if they lost the NC game and then their coach in the span of a week.

Yeah, a real fucking tragedy...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

pezsez1 wrote:Having fun watching Husky Twitter today. I think they're starting to realize that DeBoer may not be long for their world.
Underclassmen leaving UW like rats from a sinking ship.

Seems like maybe the grass isn't as green in Seattle? :lol:
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Mike Norvell reportedly has a new 8-year, $10MM/yr deal with Florida State. Sark is reportedly working on a new deal.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Looks like Kalen DeBoer is going to be the next guy at Bama.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Bud Lee wrote:Looks like Kalen DeBoer is going to be the next guy at Bama.
Interesting rumor, no idea if it is true.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Looks like he went with Alabama
Funny to see who is breaking the news. ESPN behind the scenes making it all happen. Only Uncle Phil kept them from doing the same to Oregon.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

It's DeBover for UW.
TheDrake
Two Star Recruit

Post by TheDrake »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

washington will not be competing for a Big Ten title in 2024....

If they elevate Grubb, I don't think their trajectory really changes. DeBoer is a great Xs and Os guy, but the talent level was going to backslide. I don't see how Grubb is really different or worse.

They might be able to stem the bleeding if they get Jedd Fisch. Will have turnover but he clearly can build a team.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

If I'm Jedd Fisch, why am I leaving Fifita and TMac and Arizona recruiting for Seattle?
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Duck07 wrote:If I'm Jedd Fisch, why am I leaving Fifita and TMac and Arizona recruiting for Seattle?
Was wondering this too. I'm not sure Washington is the draw their fans think it is.
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

rockthief wrote:
nogerO wrote:
rockthief wrote:Michigan State made it official. I wonder how long JS will last there? It is a scummy move akin to what Taggert and Christobal did. I am so glad for our coaches at Oregon.
WTF? A scummy move? Why would he stay at Oregon State? There's so much turmoil right now. What conference are we playing in? If we (OSU and WSU) get absorbed into the MWC, the champion isn't guaranteed to be in the CFP. What is the TV contract going to be? How is OSU going to keep the football team at the level they are right now? The answer to most of these questions is We don't know. Smith is a great coach. He wants to win National Championship too. He's not going to do it in the Coastal Division of the Mountain West. Nothing scummy about it. Football is a business, like it or not.
The scummy part is negotiating before the end of the season and leaving before the bowl game. Ducks know about that. We got Lanning out of all that so it all turned out well. I don't know what OSU can do to salvage their team.
The scummy part is raping the team of every possible committed recruit and every possible current player throughbthe portal.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

StevensTechU wrote:washington will not be competing for a Big Ten title in 2024....

If they elevate Grubb, I don't think their trajectory really changes. DeBoer is a great Xs and Os guy, but the talent level was going to backslide. I don't see how Grubb is really different or worse.

They might be able to stem the bleeding if they get Jedd Fisch. Will have turnover but he clearly can build a team.
I don’t think Washington will be competing for. Big Ten title in a long while. deboer was their everything.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:washington will not be competing for a Big Ten title in 2024....

I don’t think Washington will be competing for. Big Ten title in a long while. deboer was their everything.
DeBoer, Pennix, McMillan, Trice…they lose everyone, and now their savior transfer QB. That cupboard is empty. Could have saved face a little with the transfer QB, but DeBoer knew he was going to be in for a long season. He escaped the coming wreckage that would tarnish his record and standing.
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

I wonder if someone like Texas DC Pete Kwiatkowski would be a candidate for the UW job. He was Petersen's DC, is from the NW, and has coached in Idaho, Montana, and Washington. With Sarkisian bringing in Arizona's DC to be co-DC along with him, could he see the writing on the wall like with Jimmy Lake at UW and make a move into a HC job? Or do the Huskies go after Bryan Harsin?