Civil War to continue? (EDIT: Civil War will continue)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: Civil War to continue? (EDIT: Civil War will continue)

Post by buckmarkduck »

All you OS closet fans are going to have to make a decision. Are you with them in trying to steal 60m from the rest of the conference, or are you going to wake up?
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

buckmarkduck wrote:All you OS closet fans are going to have to make a decision. Are you with them in trying to steal 60m from the rest of the conference, or are you going to wake up?
lol, what a loaded, bias, question! lol, I am all for them doing whatever is in their legal right to do. I do understand they are where they are because of their lack or their inability to fix it with their marketing situation. Good for them going after everything they can…Go Ducks!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Alan wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:All you OS closet fans are going to have to make a decision. Are you with them in trying to steal 60m from the rest of the conference, or are you going to wake up?
lol, what a loaded, bias, question! lol, I am all for them doing whatever is in their legal right to do. I do understand they are where they are because of their lack or their inability to fix it with their marketing situation. Good for them going after everything they can…Go Ducks!

Actually the only state they have any right is WA. The trump card is still that California doesn’t require a unanimous decision to resolve a business. The 10 schools can file in CAnto dissolve the pac 12, leaving OS and WSU with nothing and no rights. So far the 10 have tried ronplay nice, but the 2 have chosen a different path.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Alan wrote:

Actually the only state they have any right is WA. The trump card is still that California doesn’t require a unanimous decision to resolve a business. The 10 schools can file in CAnto dissolve the pac 12, leaving OS and WSU with nothing and no rights. So far the 10 have tried ronplay nice, but the 2 have chosen a different path.
You've said this several times now and I have to say I'm extremely skeptical. Do you have any source for the assertion?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Can you explain how they are stealing money in 23-24 when they are the only members? We left the PAC, by what right do we have to future payments? We weren't arguing 10 months ago when those payments went from 1/12 to 1/10 that USC and UCLA deserved those payments going to the B1G.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Duck07 wrote:
Can you explain how they are stealing money in 23-24 when they are the only members? We left the PAC, by what right do we have to future payments? We weren't arguing 10 months ago when those payments went from 1/12 to 1/10 that USC and UCLA deserved those payments going to the B1G.

We haven’t left the pac. We are still fulfilling our signed contract which ends in 24. If you give notice to your job, do you still not expect to be paid for the time you worked? Or should only to 2 guys who do the least amount of work, who also no one wants to hire, get everyone’s checks?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Duck07 wrote:

We haven’t left the pac. We are still fulfilling our signed contract which ends in 24. If you give notice to your job, do you still not expect to be paid for the time you worked? Or should only to 2 guys who do the least amount of work, who also no one wants to hire, get everyone’s checks?
Has it actually happened that the Pac2 has skipped a payment to the other 10 since the departures were announced?

All I've seen is the other 8 attorneys arguing that the Pac2 must continue to pay for 23-24 without saying a single thing about 24-25.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Duck07 wrote: Has it actually happened that the Pac2 has skipped a payment to the other 10 since the departures were announced?

All I've seen is the other 8 attorneys arguing that the Pac2 must continue to pay for 23-24 without saying a single thing about 24-25.
It was voted on this week and WSU and OSU blocked the distribution that has been regular for years. They're playing hardball. Oregon shouldn't renew the Civil War with this BS, and I say that as someone who would really like to see the game continue.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

StevensTechU wrote:
Duck07 wrote: Has it actually happened that the Pac2 has skipped a payment to the other 10 since the departures were announced?

It was voted on this week and WSU and OSU blocked the distribution that has been regular for years. They're playing hardball. Oregon shouldn't renew the Civil War with this BS, and I say that as someone who would really like to see the game continue.
Wilner's article is behind a pay-wall but from what I can gather they haven't broken the by-laws and they aren't doing anything that we wouldn't be supporting if it was a Pac 4 of UO/OSU, UW/WSU and that's really how I've been looking at the whole situation. If someone's got access to the full details it'd be nice.
TheDrake
Two Star Recruit

Post by TheDrake »

Go to Oregon Live it's there!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon's Texas Tech game is now moved to 2033.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

It's officially back on now in 2024 and 2025. The Boise State away game in 2025 has been pushed to 2026, which allows them to have 7 home games for the next couple seasons.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I still don't like signing this when OSU is trying to withhold 2023-24 revenues from us. Just bad faith and no reason to throw them a bone.
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

Really poor decision here by UO. Why give up a home game (and a P5 opponent at that) to play a G5 team, rival or not? Almost all of the top teams have an 8/4 Home/Road split and Oregon is not going to get much credit for beating OSU (in the eyes of the national media).

If we were set on playing OSU, the game should be played in Eugene.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

DmoneyDuck wrote:Really poor decision here by UO. Why give up a home game (and a P5 opponent at that) to play a G5 team, rival or not? Almost all of the top teams have an 8/4 Home/Road split and Oregon is not going to get much credit for beating OSU (in the eyes of the national media).

If we were set on playing OSU, the game should be played in Eugene.
They're going to have 7 home games in 2024 and 2025 now, which is the number they're shooting for every year. There's going to be plenty of schedule changes to make that happen.