Ducks Transfer Portal - 2023-24

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: Ducks Transfer Portal - 2023-24

Post by buckmarkduck »

Everythingsducky wrote:Wonder if DeBoer saw that Bama has no room in the secondary for him, or that talent was better, and didn’t want him. Ducks may have paid better tho, if that was the point. Glad to have him. Anyone have an assumed starting corner rotation with this addition (barring anther portal departure)?

What are you saying? Bama wanted him and tried to get him.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote:Wonder if DeBoer saw that Bama has no room in the secondary for him, or that talent was better, and didn’t want him. Ducks may have paid better tho, if that was the point. Glad to have him. Anyone have an assumed starting corner rotation with this addition (barring anther portal departure)?

Do you have knowledgeable idea of what Bama was willing to pay? This entire charade is exactly that. There are no salary caps. There are no limits. Nobody has any idea what the cooperative’s are paying. So, yeah, I’d like to know if the Ducks simply out-bid for him, which we will never know.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Everythingsducky wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:

Do you have knowledgeable idea of what Bama was willing to pay? This entire charade is exactly that. There are no salary caps. There are no limits. Nobody has any idea what the cooperative’s are paying. So, yeah, I’d like to know if the Ducks simply out-bid for him, which we will never know.

What charade? You are trying to insinuate that Bama didn’t want him. Meanwhile Bama is losing 5* players at a record rate. Of course both Bama and Texas wanted him. You don’t waste money on a trip for a portal transfer you don’t want.
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:

What charade? You are trying to insinuate that Bama didn’t want him. Meanwhile Bama is losing 5* players at a record rate. Of course both Bama and Texas wanted him. You don’t waste money on a trip for a portal transfer you don’t want.
And for what it's worth, Muhammad's comments on Oregon leading up to his commitment had nothing to do with NIL money, but rather on his respect for and connection with Oregon's coaches and Lanning's commitment to Oregon and what Lanning is building. Not saying that NIL could not have been a consideration at all, but these recruits are looking at a lot more than just money.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:

If you think Texas and Ala didn't want him why did BOTH of them tell him
to shut down his recruiting? Each told him there was no reason to
visit Oregon. Both of them respectively told him they had everything he needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

It's certainly painful to Husky fans, but since UW got CB Prysock from Arizona the same day, that eased the pain somewhat.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

lmduck wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:

I believe both Texas and Bama wanted him badly, especially Bama. Who have lost some studs in the DB room. Did UO offer more? Maybe, probably more than Bama. Saban semed to make it clear Bama is behind in the nil game right now. Lots of guys went there for less because of Saban, but without him they lost multiple studs.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

buckmarkduck wrote:
lmduck wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:

I believe both Texas and Bama wanted him badly, especially Bama. Who have lost some studs in the DB room. Did UO offer more? Maybe, probably more than Bama. Saban semed to make it clear Bama is behind in the nil game right now. Lots of guys went there for less because of Saban, but without him they lost multiple studs.
Yes, based on all the chatter both wanted him badly. DeBoer wanted him big time per all the UW and Alabama insiders.

The point is this was no charade and Texas has a big NIL game.

nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

So is he gonna be a Duck?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

nogerO wrote:So is he gonna be a Duck?
He committed on Saturday

nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

lmduck wrote:
nogerO wrote:So is he gonna be a Duck?
He committed on Saturday

Thanks!

Sorry all these error messages constantly have kind of made it hard to come here anymore on a regular basis. Took me 3 times to post this message before I just edited it to include this comment.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

73duck
Three Star Recruit

Post by 73duck »

I have trouble keeping up with all of this. Aren't we supposed to see another tsunami wave of football transfers this month? Will there be a separate thread for the Spring window?
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

73duck wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:36 am I have trouble keeping up with all of this. Aren't we supposed to see another tsunami wave of football transfers this month? Will there be a separate thread for the Spring window?
Not sure there will be a tsunami but high probability there will be some departures. Hoping there is no tsunami.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

73duck wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:36 am I have trouble keeping up with all of this. Aren't we supposed to see another tsunami wave of football transfers this month? Will there be a separate thread for the Spring window?
If you don't want to follow all 14 pages of it, you can always just go to the first post of the thread as it's constantly updated to show which players have come and gone.