Gabriel to UO!!!

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

Re: Gabriel to UO!!!

Post by Alan »

greenyellow wrote:Should be interesting to see what happens with Moore now with Ty Thompson in the portal.
I'm with the majority in loving Gabriel Joining the Ducks and i am happy for a very loyal Ty, best to him. is'nt Moore heavy Michigan lean? I would love to have him a a backup if he truly wants to sit a year to get coached up.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: Gabriel to UO!!! /Portal commits thread

Post by OregonFan4Life »

TheDrake wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Ironic that duck fans are more excited for Gabriel than we were for Nix! I have my skepticism but I trust the coaches!

I do think he needs to improve his accuracy.
Yeah like 69.3% sucks :roll:
Gosh duck fans are funny, I forgot every player and coach is perfect all of the time!

Gabriel is a great player and he makes Oregon an immediate contender. He’s a great runner, never panics and has great pocket presence. He can get the ball where it needs to go but Stein loves sending his receivers deep and Nix hit almost every deep ball this season. When watching Gabriel I don’t see the same accuracy with the deep ball and I’m sure that’s something Stein and Gabriel will improve this offseason.

I personally thought Ward was the better option but I also know the coaches are way smarter than me. I was skeptical about Nix and look how that turned out, I’m sure Gabriel will do very well for us, I just think his accuracy especially with the deep ball could improve.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Ironic that duck fans are more excited for Gabriel than we were for Nix! I have my skepticism but I trust the coaches!

Drunk posting rules? The guy completed like 70% of his passes this year! :roll:
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

I think the success Nix had is part of the driving force for the excitment of the news on Gabriel.

i still hope to get an answer on Moore being a Michign lean, thanks
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

Alan wrote:I think the success Nix had is part of the driving force for the excitment of the news on Gabriel.

I am sure the word from
Michigan is that Moore is a lean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

lmduck wrote:
Alan wrote:I think the success Nix had is part of the driving force for the excitment of the news on Gabriel.

I am sure the word from

He is from Detroit
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Alan wrote:
lmduck wrote:

I am sure the word from
He is from Detroit
I think we're all pretty familiar with Dante and the same is true for Dante/UO. He already committed once before Dilly left so I'd say we're naturally ahead of UM just based on his previous feel for fit.

Plus, McCarthy is no lock for an early draft position and we know those Day 3 QBs are all taking the NIL money so if its sitting behind McCarthy or Gabriel, Moore may very well prefer the Oregon offense as he already chose it once.
duckpoint
Three Star Recruit

Post by duckpoint »

Link for Gabriel's stats...

http://cfbstats.com/2023/player/522/1103027/index.html

eta... very close compared to Nix's 2022 ststs!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Every mock draft I've seen has McCarthy as a mid to late first round pick behind Williams, Daniels, Nix, and Penix. Even if he's a second rounder, I could see him go pro still. That'd open it up for Moore to take over while being developed by Michigan's staff.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

greenyellow wrote:Every mock draft I've seen has McCarthy as a mid to late first round pick behind Williams, Daniels, Nix, and Penix. Even if he's a second rounder, I could see him go pro still. That'd open it up for Moore to take over while being developed by Michigan's staff.
The bigger question is does Harbaugh stay. Supposedly they have put a lucrative contract in front him with the caveat he not go to the NFL. He has not signed it yet.

There is also the pending NCAA investigation. Him sitting for 3 games was a Big10 thing. More to come for Jimmy and friends.

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Michigan throws it like 15 times a game. I don’t understand why a QB would go there over Oregon or multiple other options.
OregonDucks
One Star Recruit

Post by OregonDucks »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
TheDrake wrote:

Yeah like 69.3% sucks :roll:
Gosh duck fans are funny, I forgot every player and coach is perfect all of the time!

Gabriel is a great player and he makes Oregon an immediate contender. He’s a great runner, never panics and has great pocket presence. He can get the ball where it needs to go but Stein loves sending his receivers deep and Nix hit almost every deep ball this season. When watching Gabriel I don’t see the same accuracy with the deep ball and I’m sure that’s something Stein and Gabriel will improve this offseason.

I personally thought Ward was the better option but I also know the coaches are way smarter than me. I was skeptical about Nix and look how that turned out, I’m sure Gabriel will do very well for us, I just think his accuracy especially with the deep ball could improve.
I see the opposite. Bo Nix still overthrows a lot of his deep balls. His completion rate is driven by short passes that Oregon receivers can break for big games. Others have called him check down Bo, which is funny because that is exactly what he wasn’t doing at Auburn and the coaches clearly worked with him on at Oregon.

Gabriel is a fantastic pick up. He should make Oregon one of the favorites to win the B1G next year and make a run in the playoffs. He throws a fantastic deep ball and can scramble. I’d like to see him reduce the number of interceptions and protect himself when he does run, given his frame. He reminds me of a left handed Vernon Adams. Dude is a baller and winner.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Thanks for the detailed post OregonDucks! I’ll take your word for it. For some reason I remember Gabriel just struggling a bit with the long ball, but clearly I must be mistaken. I’m excited for next season, it’s clearly Lanning wants to make the playoffs sooner rather than later.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

One thing that Nix did amazingly this year was scrambling horizontally to sidelines and still be able to hit his receivers.

I've been watching Gabriels' clips and haven't seen plays of him in similar situations and was wondering how he throws when scrabbling horizontally. He seems to throw very well and accurately when he's scrabbling vertically or around the box.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

Deleted
Last edited by SuperDuck on Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
John 3:36