No votes
Darron Thomas
No votes

Total votes: 45
Alan
Senior

Who is the Ducks QB Goat?

Post by Alan »

For me it is only a two QB race but I felt the need to throw in a couple more for those extremist, lol. I know,the bowl game just got over and emotions may run high enough to sway some votes. Things involved are two years at Oregon for Nix and no Heisman. Bo broke some of Marcus’s records….
woundedknees
All-American

Re: Who is the Ducks QB Goat?

Post by woundedknees »

I love Bo, but Marcus' Heisman trumps everything!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Marcus for the comfortable win. If Bo would’ve beat WA and then would’ve likely won the Heisman, it would be neck and neck.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

It's easily Marcus due to his Heisman win and getting Oregon into the CFP NCG but Bo is a clear #2 for me.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Easy, Marcus. The real question, is who is #2?
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Easy, Marcus. The real question, is who is #2?
For me, like GY, the Heisman wins, Marcus is #1. Bo is the clear #2, Joey may be #3 for what he did when he did it. Unfortunately Justin came in at a bad time as far and the Ducks coaching carousel, bad coaching and turnover. I would have loved to see Justin under a good coach and OC combination.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

You said GOAT, now if you said MVP, with the V being monetary value, it is Herbert by a landslide. He has made close to $300 million for himself, $30 million for Willy Taggart and $80 million for Mario Cristabol.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

I go with Joey #2. His teams elevated the Oregon brand/program. Darron Thomas, there were Oregon qbs they threw and ran better than him, but man he led the teams he was given.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

It’s MM8. But lol leaving Herbert out and including Smith, DT, and Joey over him. Smith was so good as a Jr, he had to spit time with Maas. Joey was captain comeback, because he would dug UO into a hole with bad play for a half.

Its MM8
Nix
Herbert
Dixon
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

buckmarkduck wrote:It’s MM8. But lol leaving Herbert out and including Smith, DT, and Joey over him. Smith was so good as a Jr, he had to spit time with Maas. Joey was captain comeback, because he would dug UO into a hole with bad play for a half.

Its MM8
Nix
Herbert
Dixon
I understand why you would include Herbert and Dixon, but for Dixon want healthy long enough to in the conversation. Herbert was just unfortunately utilized wrong by a bad coach. Mariota is an easy number one though.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

buckmarkduck wrote:It’s MM8. But lol leaving Herbert out and including Smith, DT, and Joey over him. Smith was so good as a Jr, he had to spit time with Maas. Joey was captain comeback, because he would dug UO into a hole with bad play for a half.

Its MM8
Nix
Herbert
Dixon
Don’t get this wrong I enjoy good conversation and this post is so far. I have Joey at 3 because his era, games, were exciting and fun to watch, he took the Duck fan to new levels. As was the days of Marcus and Chip and as we just witnessed Bo and Lanning. This season had disappointment, the two losses to Washington, there was so much more good in watching Bo lead this Lanning built team. To be honest most of Justin’s era was a disappointment, not because of Justin. It was the downfall of Helf and staff, enter and exit slick Willie and his S&C coach, for the most part I liked Mario but he had control issues that stood in his way….Justin could have been great but wasn’t because what happened in his time here. We saw what Justin could have been when Justin got his LA start because of a punctured lung…… thanks Doc! As far as Duck QB’s in the NFL he is the best since and maybe including Fouts.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I wanted Phil to make a secret Nike deal with Marcus to return for 1 more year soo bad and he could have if NIL was a thing :lol:
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

I’m glad to see recency bias didn’t sway this. We all love Bo for his time here, but it’s not like Marcus.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

wlduck wrote:I’m glad to see recency bias didn’t sway this. We all love Bo for his time here, but it’s not like Marcus.

Let’s be honest. Marcus played against a far worse P12 though.
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

Building on this question...what does everyone's Oregon QB Mount Rushmore look like? For me, it's Marcus Mariota, Bo Nix, Joey Harrington, and Justin Herbert.