Nick Saban Retiring Edit: Lanning - "I'm not leaving."

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Nick Saban Retiring Edit: Lanning - "I'm not leaving."

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

Get ready for the Lanning-to-Alabama narrative from every media outlet.
https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... 7-seasons/
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... n-retiring
Last edited by DuckMastaFunk on Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Nick Saban Retiring

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I feel like Georgia and Alabama are the two jobs I could see Lanning take… of course one of those opens up just as things start getting great here again..

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

Dennis Dodd just gave his opinion that Alabama's first call will be to Lanning.
webfoots2001
Two Star Recruit

Post by webfoots2001 »

The TAMU rumors were stupid. This one does concern me though. While he’s doing excellent recruiting to Oregon, I think Lanning knows it’s a hell of a lot easier at Alabama or Georgia.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

I could see Kalen Deboer going hard after this job. He doesn't seem to be a great recruiter and being at a place that recruits itself would be a huge benefit for him.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I don't think this is the off-season any Oregon fan expected now. It'd truly suck if Lanning left the same year Oregon is headed to the Big Ten.
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu**

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

I'm not going to worry myself too much about it, cause Alabama is obviously the number 1 job in the country right now and just about any top coach is going to be targeted and strongly consider moving if he was. Of course with that comes the problem of being the guy that follows Nick Saban. That would weigh heavily on me if I were making the decision, even if I was extremely optimistic about my own skills. I'd much rather be the 2nd guy after Nick Saban if the job came open again down the road. But for now, if I feel like my pay is good and I like where I live, etc., I don't leave.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Hopefully another quick response from Dan.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

This gets so damn tiring.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

webfoots2001 wrote:The TAMU rumors were stupid. This one does concern me though. While he’s doing excellent recruiting to Oregon, I think Lanning knows it’s a hell of a lot easier at Alabama or Georgia.
Dude I'm terrified, I don't want someone like Deion Sanders or Urban Meyer to replace Lanning, who I'm sure would have brought us to a natty...
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

DuckzRule wrote:
webfoots2001 wrote:The TAMU rumors were stupid. This one does concern me though. While he’s doing excellent recruiting to Oregon, I think Lanning knows it’s a hell of a lot easier at Alabama or Georgia.
Dude I'm terrified, I don't want someone like Deion Sanders or Urban Meyer to replace Lanning, who I'm sure would have brought us to a natty...
There isn't a MF'in chance in hell that Deion is coming here.

Now with Meyer there might at least be greater than 1%
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

The thing stuck in y head was espn grooming of Dan during the natty pregame and half time, a seat Nick has been in in the past
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Just to remind everyone what Dan said only one month ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx18ktCevBI
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

I like to pretend I am a good judge of character, so here goes. I totally believe Lanning when he talks about Oregon, and Eugene, and his kids being in so many schools and he wants to settle down and raise them in Eugene. He talks about building something here and lets face it, since he's been here, he's done exactly that. Look at that insane recruiting class he brought in, including the portal, and all the kids coming back next year. Not even discussing the insanely high expectations that Alabama has, (I should know, I lived there for a decade), but he has everything he needs in Eugene.
Everyone remember Chip Kelly. I don't think ANYTHING thought he was going to be here long, but I don't get that feeling from Lanning. I just don't see him leaving for any school. Now if we talked about the NFL...........well that's a different conversation entirely, but I think Lanning is not going anywhere.