MBB: #9 Arizona @ Oregon (Jan. 27, Sat 2:30 PM Fox)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

MBB: #9 Arizona @ Oregon (Jan. 27, Sat 2:30 PM Fox)

Post by greenyellow »

JAN. 27 (SAT) 2:30 PM
ARIZONA
EUGENE, OR
TV: FOX
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: MBB: #9 Arizona @ Oregon (Jan. 27, Sat 2:30 PM Fox)

Post by OregonFan4Life »

This team really needs to work on defense.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Given how ugly that first half was, Oregon is in decent position if they can clean things up. What a shot by Couisnard to close the half out.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

greenyellow wrote:Given how ugly that first half was, Oregon is in decent position if they can clean things up. What a shot by Couisnard to close the half out.
Shows how one stupid decision to talk trash and get a T can change momentum and a game.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Nobody on Oregon can stop Caleb Love.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Sucks that Barthelemy got hurt with how well he was playing and how all of Oregon's momentum just disappeared once he went out. Shelstad needs to find a way to get involved in the scoring again.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Defense has been the Achilles heel all year. Crappy D leads to Love playing unabated. Awful. Can’t believe even after a halftime gripe session (I’m sure), no different results. Have to kick ass in the PAC-12 tournament and pray. I like this team overall, and think they could win a couple games if they actually make the 64. On Shelstad, the O article on him, he mentioned he has to assert himself in the offense more often. Is Dana limiting him? Dude can bury the shot. Freshmen have been pulled back by Dana in previous years.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Everythingsducky wrote:Defense has been the Achilles heel all year. Crappy D leads to Love playing unabated. Awful. Can’t believe even after a halftime gripe session (I’m sure), no different results. Have to kick ass in the PAC-12 tournament and pray. I like this team overall, and think they could win a couple games if they actually make the 64. On Shelstad, the O article on him, he mentioned he has to assert himself in the offense more often. Is Dana limiting him? Dude can bury the shot. Freshmen have been pulled back by Dana in previous years.
I don't think Dana has changed anything with Shelstad as he's still starting. Only things different are he's not shooting well right now and is still learning to play with big men like Dante. They'll need him to figure things out with Barthelemy out indefinitely with his leg injury.
pudgejeff
Senior

Post by pudgejeff »

Everythingsducky wrote:Defense has been the Achilles heel all year. Crappy D leads to Love playing unabated. Awful. Can’t believe even after a halftime gripe session (I’m sure), no different results. Have to kick ass in the PAC-12 tournament and pray. I like this team overall, and think they could win a couple games if they actually make the 64. On Shelstad, the O article on him, he mentioned he has to assert himself in the offense more often. Is Dana limiting him? Dude can bury the shot. Freshmen have been pulled back by Dana in previous years.
Lose to a top 10 team, and now it’s pray in the pac-12 tourney? Weird.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

pudgejeff wrote:
Yeah, like pray they get into the tourney. How does that not resonate? The Ducks may have to win the PAC12 tourney to get into March Madness. How weird is that? Do you follow? The Ducks quality wins leave them on the bubble at this point. They are absolutely not close to being guaranteed to make it. Head in the sand much?
pudgejeff
Senior

Post by pudgejeff »

Everythingsducky wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
Yeah, like pray they get into the tourney. How does that not resonate? The Ducks may have to win the PAC12 tourney to get into March Madness. How weird is that? Do you follow? The Ducks quality wins leave them on the bubble at this point. They are absolutely not close to being guaranteed to make it. Head in the sand much?
You’re right, there’s nothing else that could transpire in this season. And this game is obviously the one that sealed that. My bad for being so dense.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

pudgejeff wrote:
To be fair, we have lost 3 of our last 4 and are going on a road trip to LA.

We've neutralized the nice 5-0 start we had, and we will probably need to win 7 of our next 11 to have a shot at making the NCAA tournament (outside of winning the Pac-12). And even then, we'd be on the bubble. It's definitely an uphill battle with little room for mercy.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

The Arizona game did show that this team has a ways to go to be capable of making noise in the tourney. Part of the issue is lack of chemistry due to injuries, but Altman has to be very frustrated with the defense, or lack thereof, especially from the wings. The perimeter defense NEEDS to improve immediately if this teams wants a chance at even winning one game in the NCAA tourney.