Coward Harbaugh

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

Coward Harbaugh

Post by nogerO »

Bolts for the ‘bolts just before the s*** hits the fan at Michigan.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Everythingsducky
Senior

Re: Coward Harbaugh

Post by Everythingsducky »

Nah, totally expected. Regardless of the NC outcome. I’d have done the same thing. No excuses for Herbert and the Chargers now.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Eh, he proved that the supposed 'competitive advantage' was baloney and that his team was just that good. Same deal as with deflate-gate and the Patriots: gives people who want to hate an excuse, but most rational people can see it wasn't a big deal.

I'm not sure I would have taken the Charger's job; that team is a mess from a personnel standpoint. Justin is a great QB, but he is one of the few players on offense worth a darn at this point.

So now I am rooting for Harbaugh again, just like when he was with the 49ers. Funny, that.
spacefrog13x
Three Star Recruit

Post by spacefrog13x »

Wasnt the SF roster pretty much a dumpster fire as well when he took over?

The roster is a dumpster fire though. Lot of big contracts on defense for guys who didnt produce the last couple years.
TheDrake
Two Star Recruit

Post by TheDrake »

Mack had a great year! Gotta get rid of Bosa tho
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

TheDrake wrote:Mack had a great year! Gotta get rid of Bosa tho
This ^^^. Dude is either hurt or making stupid mistakes/penalties. Certainly not the caliber of his brother.

Keenan Allen is legit I think. Mike Williams as well if he could stay healthy.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

EncinitasDuck wrote:
TheDrake wrote:Mack had a great year! Gotta get rid of Bosa tho
This ^^^. Dude is either hurt or making stupid mistakes/penalties. Certainly not the caliber of his brother.

Keenan Allen is legit I think. Mike Williams as well if he could stay healthy.
Allen is a stud, but he's getting up there in age. Williams is also a stud, but has been injured a lot lately. Behind those 2 there have been a lot of drops. I really don't understand the appeal of ekler either. He's a great receiving back, but he really seems to struggle after contact. I've always viewed him as a slightly better Darren sproles
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Several college coaches have bolted when they got their schools in trouble, Harbaugh, Carroll……. Chip

As far as no excuses for the Charges now, remember who the ownership is, they are a great deal of the problems the chargers have.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

The bolts need so much help. Bowers is an awesome talent, but they should trade down for 2 first instead of taking him. They could easily land a top 15 and late 20s or another early 2nd rounder, take a tackle (lots of them in this draft) get Franklin early 2nd round, and Sweat from Texas early 2nd round.

Also, count the rule of “sign stealing” as one of the dumbest rules around. If a coach is so dumb they don’t change signs quarter to quarter, and who is actually calling the live signs, they deserve to be getting the signs stolen.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Yeah, he cheated, and who knows how much intel retained from his scheme helped him in games without Stallions on the field. We'll never know.

But is he a coward for bolting? Hell no. He wanted back into the NFL and he took the opportunity. He would have been foolish to pass this up especially with the possibility of incoming sanctions.

I don't believe in cheating, but I also don't believe in apologizing for winning. It's a competitive world out there and nobody should take opportunities for granted.
Willie Taggart is a dick.