MBB: Oregon @ UCLA(Sat 7 PM ESPN2)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: MBB: Oregon @ UCLA(Sat 7 PM ESPN2)

Post by greenyellow »

Ducks just can't have nights without anyone hitting from the perimeter consistently. They had some wide open looks that easily would have made it closer late. Couisnard never looked right after his injury in the first half. Shelstad has to be a more consistent offensive presence without Barthelemy to help out.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Bad shooting night, but not playing defense for large stretches of the game cost us more than anything else.

Altman need to spend all of practice on pick and roll defense.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Just to continue my rant/criticism of the guards, Dante led the team in assists with 4. Cousinard and Rigsby each with 2, and Shelstad and Evans each with only 1 assist. None for Tracey and Oquendo. When this team isn’t shooting outstanding they’re flat out bad. If things don’t change we’re going to have another NIT season mainly due to poor and sporadic guard play mixed with bad defense, for the 3rd straight season.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

OregonFan4Life wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:39 pm Just to continue my rant/criticism of the guards, Dante led the team in assists with 4. Cousinard and Rigsby each with 2, and Shelstad and Evans each with only 1 assist. None for Tracey and Oquendo. When this team isn’t shooting outstanding they’re flat out bad. If things don’t change we’re going to have another NIT season mainly due to poor and sporadic guard play mixed with bad defense, for the 3rd straight season.
Injuries or not, if we don't make the tournament this year with Dante, I do feel like it's Altman's worst coaching job. Dante is the best big in the conference.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

GrantDuck wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:07 pm
OregonFan4Life wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:39 pm Just to continue my rant/criticism of the guards, Dante led the team in assists with 4. Cousinard and Rigsby each with 2, and Shelstad and Evans each with only 1 assist. None for Tracey and Oquendo. When this team isn’t shooting outstanding they’re flat out bad. If things don’t change we’re going to have another NIT season mainly due to poor and sporadic guard play mixed with bad defense, for the 3rd straight season.
Injuries or not, if we don't make the tournament this year with Dante, I do feel like it's Altman's worst coaching job. Dante is the best big in the conference.
But not having him for two months and then losing other key rotation guys for multiple games hasn't helped build the chemistry many thought they'd have by now. Somehow they've got to identify the root causes of so many injuries or players that have better proven health records compared to the guys they have. They've also got to find a way to get some higher end transfers who aren't so one-dimensional.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

OregonFan4Life wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:14 pm How much longer until we never have to deal with Pac-12 refs again?
The refs gave us gifts in the first half. They were pretty evened out on the night.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

One thing I’ve noticed is we have very little midrange scoring. It’s threes, or taking the ball deep in the paint on drives. UCLA was nailing 10’ jumpers. Smart play. Stay away from Dante’s length. We on the other hand lost so many turnovers by insisting on dribbling into their bigs. We have shooters, I wish they stop and pop more.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UofDuck wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:17 pm One thing I’ve noticed is we have very little midrange scoring. It’s threes, or taking the ball deep in the paint on drives. UCLA was nailing 10’ jumpers. Smart play. Stay away from Dante’s length. We on the other hand lost so many turnovers by insisting on dribbling into their bigs. We have shooters, I wish they stop and pop more.
Shelstad and Barthelemy are like the only ones who've taken midrange jumpers this season.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

UofDuck wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:17 pm One thing I’ve noticed is we have very little midrange scoring. It’s threes, or taking the ball deep in the paint on drives. UCLA was nailing 10’ jumpers. Smart play. Stay away from Dante’s length. We on the other hand lost so many turnovers by insisting on dribbling into their bigs. We have shooters, I wish they stop and pop more.
+ an effective pick/roll. We need to do that more too, especially with Dante back.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13