Projected roster for next years mens team

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duck92
Two Star Recruit

Projected roster for next years mens team

Post by duck92 »

I'm feeling optimistic and think most of the team comes back next year. The ones that may portal are Oquendo and Rigsby. Oquendo's playing time has went down over the last half of the season and Rigsby may want a place where he can play a bigger role. I hope both come back, Zarzuela is a question mark for me. I'd like to find a true power forward and a true center, our backcourt is mostly set. Thoughts?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Projected roster for next years mens team

Post by UOducksTK1 »

C-Nate Bittle SR / Ibrahima Traore FR
PF-Kwame Evans Jr SO
SF-Mookie Cooke FR / Jadrian Tracey SR / Dez Lindsay JR
SG-Brennan Rigsby SR / Kario Oquendo SR / Vyctorius Miller FR
PG-Jackson Shelstad SO / Jesse Zarzuela SR

Zarzuela was a senior but I imagine he'd get a medical redshirt. You're right that our frontcourt needs the most love right now.
SF/SG spot isn't much of a concern unless like you mentioned we lose Rigsby AND Oquendo. I have a feeling we'll lose one of them though...

Lindsay had a good year: https://www.fswbucs.com/sports/mbkb/202 ... log&pos=sh

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

Does Oquendo still have a year of eligibility? I thought this was his Covid senior year, but I could be wrong. It's hard to tell anymore. He's listed as a senior, but has only played D1 3 years. So, I'm assuming he was Juco beforehand. Just not sure if he played 1 or 2 years of Juco. When Zarzuela went down, the reports were almost immediately that he wasn't coming back, but there was no mention as to why it was certain he was leaving.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

droop10 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:42 pm Does Oquendo still have a year of eligibility? I thought this was his Covid senior year, but I could be wrong. It's hard to tell anymore. He's listed as a senior, but has only played D1 3 years. So, I'm assuming he was Juco beforehand. Just not sure if he played 1 or 2 years of Juco. When Zarzuela went down, the reports were almost immediately that he wasn't coming back, but there was no mention as to why it was certain he was leaving.
Pretty sure he has another year. I remember when we signed him, it was said he had two years left of eligibility.

gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Like mentioned above, according to this article, Oquendo had 2 years of eligibility left when he signed with the Ducks.

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2023/0 ... tball.html

Rigsby has been an absolute joke this season, but it will all be forgiven if he can put together a couple good games in the tourney.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Altman has said Zarzuela was only going to be here one year and even with the medical RS, he likely won't be back. I'm not sure if anyone has noticed that he hasn't been seen on the bench with the team since December. There may be a chance that Barthelemy comes back as he's got another year of eligibility. Depending on returnees/transfers, they could need as few as 2 and as many 5 transfers this off-season.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

greenyellow wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:48 pm There may be a chance that Barthelemy comes back as he's got another year of eligibility.

That would be big if Barthelemy were to return. He is a very solid backup at the point.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

You gotta imagine Barthelemy will want to start his last year? Shelstad has that locked in.

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

He's still considering coming back. As far as his injury, he didn't break or fracture anything as it was a grade 3 ankle sprain.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

As if there was any doubt, Bittle says he's returning next year. He said he lost 15 pounds due to his illness and only recently started gaining his weight and strength back.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:35 am He's still considering coming back. As far as his injury, he didn't break or fracture anything as it was a grade 3 ankle sprain.
Honestly would be an ideal backup to Shelstad. Hope he stays.

whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

I’ve seen Evans on some draft boards and I’m worried Cook might chase the bright lights. Oregon has lost a lot of these types to the draft in recent years - TCJ Walker, Lou King, Bol Bol, Troy Brown. And others to transfer - Ware, Kepnang, Patterson, Norris, Johnson, Terry. Most of these guys probably would have seen major playing time if they’d stuck around another year and might have helped their draft stock. Hopefully an easier sell in the NIL era.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
duck92
Two Star Recruit

Post by duck92 »

My bold prediction for next year is that Kepanga comes back or Clifford Omoruyi from Rutgers , Eugene's brother is our starting center. I'd also love to get Stojakovic from Stanford. I'm now convinced that Oquendo isn't coming back, it's clear that Altman doesn't trust him.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

duck92 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:19 am My bold prediction for next year is that Kepanga comes back or Clifford Omoruyi from Rutgers , Eugene's brother is our starting center. I'd also love to get Stojakovic from Stanford. I'm now convinced that Oquendo isn't coming back, it's clear that Altman doesn't trust him.
Cliff Omoruyi isn't related to Eugene Omoruyi. Same name, birthplace and previous school but not related by blood. Not sure Kepnang is the answer since he's essentially missed the last two years due to injury. They need big guys who aren't fragile as they already have one in Bittle. Stojakovic is an interesting transfer as he struggled with his shot and against bigger players but another year or so of development could make him realize his potential.
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

greenyellow wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:48 pm I'm not sure if anyone has noticed that he hasn't been seen on the bench with the team since December.
Interesting... I only made it down for the WSU game this season, but could've sworn that I saw him there with the team. The only guy I thought I couldn't find that day was Bittle, who was out sick and had been expected to be a game-time decision at that time.