Coach Locklyn leaving?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

droop10
Five Star Recruit

Re: Coach Locklyn leaving?

Post by droop10 »

I worry least about RB coach out of any of the position coaches, because in my opinion, it's the easiest position to coach. Not too concerned with them being able to go out and get another guy that's comparable. Good for Locklyn for getting himself a raise and moving back closer to home. Oregon gets that buyout money, and can bring in another elite RB coach to fill the void.
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

At least I am enjoying this sweat:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Looks nearly official now. As good as he's been developing guys he does bring in, I've seen it pointed out that Locklyn's recruiting has left a little to be desired as he's struck out on their top targets the last two years and are sort of trailing for their top guys this cycle as well.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

We would happily steal any of their coaches, so it is what it is. Good luck to him, next man up.
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

Always assume a talented position coach has to feel some kind of way when they’re passed up for an internal promotion. Wonder if he sees a path to OC coming easier than at UO, where Lanning may have made it clear that he doesn’t seen Lock in that role. Who knows… just want to hope it’s about something other than money/prestige.

What’s Campbell up to these days?? Love that man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

whosyourwally wrote:Always assume a talented position coach has to feel some kind of way when they’re passed up for an internal promotion. Wonder if he sees a path to OC coming easier than at UO, where Lanning may have made it clear that he doesn’t seen Lock in that role. Who knows… just want to hope it’s about something other than money/prestige.

Campbell is retired and living in Az

whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

lmduck wrote:
whosyourwally wrote:Always assume a talented position coach has to feel some kind of way when they’re passed up for an internal promotion. Wonder if he sees a path to OC coming easier than at UO, where Lanning may have made it clear that he doesn’t seen Lock in that role. Who knows… just want to hope it’s about something other than money/prestige.

But how retired?

lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

whosyourwally wrote:
lmduck wrote:

But how retired?

Seriously? Why is there a segment of the fan base that thinks the past coaches are a panacea for everything?

Willy Taggart coaches the RBs for the Ravens, why not go get him?

whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

lmduck wrote:
whosyourwally wrote:
lmduck wrote:

But how retired?

Seriously? Why is there a segment of the fan base that thinks the past coaches are a panacea for everything?

Levity. Not seriously… put the claws away. But comparing the success Campbell had both as a recruiter and a player developer to Taggart?

lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

whosyourwally wrote:
lmduck wrote:
whosyourwally wrote:
lmduck wrote:

But how retired?

Levity. Not seriously… put the claws away. But comparing the success Campbell had both as a recruiter and a player developer to Taggart?

I get it and I do appreciate the levity.

Without relitigating the past, Gary Campbell was very lucky to have retained his job after the Willy Lyles episode. I know people love him but there's a whole lot of baggage with Gary. ‘Nuff said’.

pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

What about UO alumni Ron Gould as the new RB coach?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Officially official now. It should be interesting to see how fast they hire someone. I could see them hiring someone in the next week just as easily I could see them using a GA/analyst the rest of spring and waiting until after the spring game to fill Locklyn's spot.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Good luck to him, but he won’t need it. He is walking into the pre-season rated best backfield. Get PAID, AND have possibly the best backfield talent? He would have had to have been mentally evaluated if he didn’t take the job.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Everythingsducky wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:05 pm Good luck to him, but he won’t need it. He is walking into the pre-season rated best backfield. Get PAID, AND have possibly the best backfield talent? He would have had to have been mentally evaluated if he didn’t take the job.
Yup. Wish it didn't happen the first year we enter the Big Ten though. LOL

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

droop10 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:30 am
OregonFan4Life wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:18 am This is bizarre, something shady must be going on at Ohio State between Chip Kelly and Locklyn.
Lol, what could possibly be considered shady?
I don’t know, but it’s tOSU so I figured I could get away with saying that.